Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 21 Beechwood 14
bcpc Wrote:We are off this week right 64? Smile

Right :Cheerlead Guess I will be heading down south September 14 to Williamsburg vs paintsville game.
Woodsman Wrote:Yeah you are mad. I’m sorry Lil buddy.

You quoted your self to tell me I'm mad again? You're a sad case. lol
blueandgreen Wrote:The only kid you recruited from Laurel Co. recently couldn't hang were he was at and you know it, if it wasn't for the fact you were trying to pull other kids he wouldn't even be on the field. BTW we are a lot better off with out all the drama how about you stop assuming and dragging us into all YOUR CORBIN drama!!!! GO Rebels cant wait to see your butt hanging out again
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Woodsman Wrote:Hahahahaha. I mean yeah, if you consider childish and inane remarks with absolutely zero humor or substance to be the “best”....you hit the nail on the head. I expect a little more though. Try harder and be somewhat entertaining. That’s not too much to ask.

We'll try to break you in easy so you won't cry.
mysonis55 Wrote:Just remember this. Last year we had one of our toughest games the week before the debacle at Austin Peay. We were pretty banged up after that game. This year, we pretty much have a week off as the starters will only play about 1 half. We should be fresh. Scary fresh.

That's plum skeery.
pjdoug Wrote:We'll try to break you in easy so you won't cry.

That’s mighty kind of you mister. Much appreciated. 😘
mysonis55 Wrote:Just remember this. Last year we had one of our toughest games the week before the debacle at Austin Peay. We were pretty banged up after that game. This year, we pretty much have a week off as the starters will only play about 1 half. We should be fresh. Scary fresh.

Now wait a second 55. Thought you said a couple weeks ago Graves would be the hardest game Mayfield had left. Now your saying it will be over in a half?
killbilly usmc Wrote:Now wait a second 55. Thought you said a couple weeks ago Graves would be the hardest game Mayfield had left. Now your saying it will be over in a half?

I fully expected them to be with what they should’ve had back. But, they are a flop. Even the most avid GC fan has to know what is going to happen Friday. We will be well rested on the 21st.
By the way, that was about 3-4 weeks ago.
You can def tell that Mayfield is next on Corbin's schedule. The Red Birds have already flown the coup and landed in the Corbin threads ��
And vice versa. Fun time.
Hatz Wrote:I’m curious, what is the all time record between the two Corbin-Mayfied?

I remember the AA finals in 1976 and 1977. Those were classic that could have gone either way. What’s the number of games they’ve played?

4-2 Cards, largest margin of victory was 14 points

1976 Corbin 6-0, State Title Game Lexington
1977 MF 14-13, State Title Game Richmond Corbin had this Crazy dude RC Thomas, that had me scared to death and I was a youngster in the stands not even on the field. Sadly RC is not longer among us
1980 Rec Bowl MF 18-6
2015 MF 28-14
2016 MF 35-34
2017 Corbin 20-17

I posted trying to stir the pot a little bit for fun and Hatz, not even a Corbin guy is the only one to even notice. :HitWall: Oh well there is next week
killbilly usmc Wrote:Now wait a second 55. Thought you said a couple weeks ago Graves would be the hardest game Mayfield had left. Now your saying it will be over in a half?

He contra-dicks himself.
pjdoug Wrote:You quoted your self to tell me I'm mad again? You're a sad case. lol

Incorrect. I quoted myself after the editing duration had lapsed to correct a grammatical error. Devil is in the details and what nots. Sorry you missed it mister. Thought you would have caught that. That’s my bad all the way around
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Your the one that came on here running your mouth, I would be ashamed to if I couldn’t cheer for my own team and had to bring up Boyle every time I tried to make a statement. Boyle was and is good no doubt about it, can’t say that about laurel though them being 5a and if we played all you would see was red streaks and a running clock. So save the come back all it will be is Boyle or recruit followed by whining noises like all your other post.

You know I always wondered why this guy was sooooo triggered when it came to corbin. But I think you hit the nail on the head earlier. His kid is at north probably, when everyone quit or transferred his kid was the lone wolf who stayed. Or he figured out he couldn’t cut it anywhere else that would be a step up from NL. Why else would every post he makes be about corbin “recruiting”?! News flash.... you don’t have to recruit from NL. They will jump the gun to leave that train wreck.
64SUR Wrote:Right :Cheerlead Guess I will be heading down south September 14 to Williamsburg vs paintsville game.

I’d like to see Harlan and Wayne county. I’m thinking it might be a pretty good game. Or I might just stay home and watch woodsman “learn” about PJdoug haha
Hound05 Wrote:You need to go watch him. He IS a great athlete. Outside of him. Western hills don’t have much. But I’d give it to Estep over him, because of his accomplishments. For a top player in the country you’d think they’d be better or they could do more. But either way it’s worth a drive up if it’s close.

Btw, Estep probably won’t win. But he DOES need to be in serious consideration for it. It’s the homer in me that says he should win.
He's extremely fast but against us in a scrimmage he probably had 75 yards and 1 TD against our "mixed varsity" as we had 2 linebackers out nursing injuries. Overall he probably had 10 touches, for something like 140 yards and 2 TDs combined, against our varsity and JV teams. Our line who is not all that big was able to dominate his line so it is true, he's really a 1-man show. But when he gets in the open field it's something to watch. IMO, he's still nowhere near as good as VanCleave for Danville was last year. Your kid, Estep is the better overall athlete, IMO. But if you put him in a 100 yard dash against the W Hills kid, of course he'll get destroyed, as would almost everyone's kids except maybe the dude from Southwestern and a couple of others. Hell that POwell county running back may be in the mention for this award...Although lesser competition. I do believe they need to go by strength of schedule for this award. Last year the W. Hills kid had like 18 yards for the total game against Boyle!
blueandgreen Wrote:And you came to this conclusion after the ALCOA game right?

I’m confused. Was there an uncatchable call in the Alcoa game? Or are you just so desperate to show your hate for Corbin, that you’ll go to a game from last season to stir something up? You’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. It’s pretty pathetic. I’m honestly a little embarrassed for you.
blueandgreen Wrote:The only kid you recruited from Laurel Co. recently couldn't hang were he was at and you know it, if it wasn't for the fact you were trying to pull other kids he wouldn't even be on the field. BTW we are a lot better off with out all the drama how about you stop assuming and dragging us into all YOUR CORBIN drama!!!! GO Rebels cant wait to see your butt hanging out again

Now you’re bringing up stuff from two years ago. You must not be too glad to be rid of him. You’re still butt hurt about it today. You’ve gotta come up with something new, it’s pitiful.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:4-2 Cards, largest margin of victory was 14 points

1977 MF 14-13, State Title Game Richmond Corbin had this Crazy dude RC Thomas, that had me scared to death and I was a youngster in the stands not even on the field. Sadly RC is not longer among us
1980 Rec Bowl MF 18-6
2015 MF 28-14
2016 MF 35-34
2017 Corbin 20-17

I posted trying to stir the pot a little bit for fun and Hatz, not even a Corbin guy is the only one to even notice. :HitWall: Oh well there is next week

RC is still alive last I knew.
Hes still in a mental institution. I'm sure you know the story.

My dad played with RC. He might he biased, but RC according to him was the best ever out of Corbin.
One bad decision led to his life being over forever.

Fun fact. His real name was Riddle Cornelius.
Hence the reason he probably wanted to go by RC
Hound05 Wrote:I’d like to see Harlan and Wayne county. I’m thinking it might be a pretty good game. Or I might just stay home and watch woodsman “learn” about PJdoug haha

Confusednicker:. May you should go to Log Mountain and scout the Bobcats.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:4-2 Cards, largest margin of victory was 14 points

1980 Rec Bowl MF 18-6
2015 MF 28-14
2016 MF 35-34
2017 Corbin 20-17

I was on the sidelines as a freshman in 77 when Boyle played that Corbin team. He turned the game around if I remember. It was 21-15 early in 3rd Quarter and he ripped the ball right out of the hands of our RB and went the other way with it. That was one of the strongest teams I ever saw.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:RC is still alive last I knew.

My dad played with RC. He might he biased, but RC according to him was the best ever out of Corbin.

Yes I know the story, I think you are correct, I incorrectly stated he had passed. I read some exerts from a book about his story online a few years back. Sad ordeal, guy was a beast for sure.
Hatz Wrote:I was on the sidelines as a freshman in 77 when Boyle played that Corbin team. He turned the game around if I remember. It was 21-15 early in 3rd Quarter and he ripped the ball right out of the hands of our RB and went the other way with it. That was one of the strongest teams I ever saw.

Without a doubt, they were the real deal. That was back when Corbin could play with anyone in any class

I was in the same frat at UK with the Rawlings brothers who played on the early 80's title team for Corbin and they told me alot about RC.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:RC is still alive last I knew.

Riddle Cornelius Thomas, Jr., so he was also known as Junior.

That whole story is really sad. One of his teammates(Steve Hawgman" Reeves) on the 1975 team wrote a book about it called The 1980 Gray Murders.
Hatz Wrote:I was on the sidelines as a freshman in 77 when Boyle played that Corbin team. He turned the game around if I remember. It was 21-15 early in 3rd Quarter and he ripped the ball right out of the hands of our RB and went the other way with it. That was one of the strongest teams I ever saw.

RC would have been a senior on the 1976 Corbin team, so maybe you are off a year.
Great fight by Beechwood. Not expecting the Single A school to put up such a good fight. Hats off to Cobin. Great game.
Granny Bear Wrote:The defenseless player just happens to be the Senior whose high school career is now in question because of a possible broken collar bone.

You are a butt hurt loser, and I seriously doubt you would be any different as a winner.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the player that got hurt for Corbin #5?
He hurt himself making that great diving catch down the sideline in the 3rd quarter.

The player that was hit as a "defenseless" receiver was what looked to be #84, who finished the rest of the game.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the player that got hurt for Corbin #5?
He hurt himself making that great diving catch down the sideline in the 3rd quarter.

The player that was hit as a "defenseless" receiver was what looked to be #84, who finished the rest of the game.

Pretty sure it was Gosselin who got hurt.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pretty sure it was Gosselin who got hurt.

That's what I thought. He was hurt about 6-7 plays before the play in question. He made an over the shoulder catch down the Corbin sideline and he Beechwood defender fell on top of him as they both went to the ground. He never came back in to the game. #84 was the player that was legally hit on the bang bang call in the endzone on 4th down.

It was a great game between two great teams, I hate to see someone posting that a cheap shot may have ended someone's season, when that is not the case at all.