Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 21 Beechwood 14
bo67 Wrote:It was probably a good loss for a young team. But I’m more concerned about the Corbin kid that got injured. If he’s a senior. It’s not supposed to go out that way if he can’t return

yep he's a senior. AND LORD I HOPE IM DEAD WRONG!!! But I don't think it looks to good. It's a shoulder injury and he's a WR. I don't want to see any kid from any team hurt, but especially not a senior. I'll be honest, I don't know if we can win the title without this kid. If it is indeed what I've heard, I hope for a speedy recovery for the kid. These are supposed to be the best years of his life, and him along with the rest have the chance to do and be something special! I just want him to be apart of it.

I'm not sure who it was that mentioned Beechwoods front line, but dang!!! I said that might be the best Dline we face all season, I hope it is! because they were TOUGH!! They have a good Oline too, but its hard to judge, because our Dline is also very good, and put pressure on the kid all night. So im not sure about their Oline. But we've played Danville and Beechwood who were supposed to have good Oline's for a passing game and we've gave them all trouble. It wasn't as bad tonight for the tigers QB as it was for Danville's but he still had pressure on him a lot during the game. We also were very disciplined when putting pressure on him, if he tucked it and tried to run, most of the time he didn't get very far. If I recall he did break a couple off for a first down. But it was still a solid effort by our Dline. NOW!!! we take a week off, PRAY everyone is healthy or not to bad if they are hurt, and prepare for another title contender. I said corbin might lose 1 out of the these 2. Without our star WR it might be Mayfield. Keep your fingers crossed for our players health and we'll see............ Still waiting on WOODSMAN...................................
Hound05 Wrote:yep he's a senior. AND LORD I HOPE IM DEAD WRONG!!! But I don't think it looks to good. It's a shoulder injury and he's a WR. I don't want to see any kid from any team hurt, but especially not a senior. I'll be honest, I don't know if we can win the title without this kid. If it is indeed what I've heard, I hope for a speedy recovery for the kid. These are supposed to be the best years of his life, and him along with the rest have the chance to do and be something special! I just want him to be apart of it.

No senior should miss a game, let alone the last half of their season. Hopefully this is just a bad bruise, or something. We lost our most explosive kid last year the very first game of the year, for the season. But he was a sophomore so that was a little easier to deal with knowing his best 2 years were probably ahead of him. Prayers
Hound05 Wrote:yep he's a senior. AND LORD I HOPE IM DEAD WRONG!!! But I don't think it looks to good. It's a shoulder injury and he's a WR. I don't want to see any kid from any team hurt, but especially not a senior. I'll be honest, I don't know if we can win the title without this kid. If it is indeed what I've heard, I hope for a speedy recovery for the kid. These are supposed to be the best years of his life, and him along with the rest have the chance to do and be something special! I just want him to be apart of it.

We will miss goose but he text earlier, he will be back this year. He is a key part of this offense and will be missed dearly. Just hope for a speedy recovery, and his grit will be enough to see him back sooner than later.
Hound05 Wrote:Give it to beechwood. They didn’t quit! Every time we tried to put them away they responded. That might be the best defensive line we face this year! Proud of how we responded

Hound just checking on the kid that got hurt have you guys heard how he is and prayers going out for the young man
smoke1015 Wrote:Beechwood's pass protection is as good as any I've ever saw in high-school. Beechwood QB had time to microwave a meal back there, and eat it too. Of course Corbin knows what they have in their linebackers and their cover guys...they mainly just rush their 3 D-lineman, allow the outside and inside backers to help cover, and you have to be darn good, or run something darn quick to complete a pass on 'em. Central and Boyle may be the only teams that can, consistently. Maybe Corbin's speed is a little better than last year, and Estep can throw the ball a mile, but I'm still not sure how much better the Redhounds are. All I know is Corbin is probably a top 10 team in the state, and definitely top 3 in their class.

I'll agree they had a good line. But I think when we wanted to put pressure on the kid we did. Now there were a couple plays, the kid could have went to mcdonalds and come back, and I don't know what happened there, if we just put everyone in coverage and rushed our front 3 or what. But several times his protection broke down and he scrambled. Especially in the first and third quarters.

I'm not sure who it was that mentioned Beechwoods front line, but dang!!! I said that might be the best Dline we face all season, I hope it is! because they were TOUGH!! They have a good Oline too, but its hard to judge, because our Dline is also very good, and put pressure on the kid all night. So im not sure about their Oline. But we've played Danville and Beechwood who were supposed to have good Oline's for a passing game and we've gave them all trouble. It wasn't as bad tonight for the tigers QB as it was for Danville's but he still had pressure on him a lot during the game. We also were very disciplined when putting pressure on him, if he tucked it and tried to run, most of the time he didn't get very far. If I recall he did break a couple off for a first down. But it was still a solid effort by our Dline. NOW!!! we take a week off, PRAY everyone is healthy or not to bad if they are hurt, and prepare for another title contender. I said corbin might lose 1 out of the these 2. Without our star WR it might be Mayfield. Keep your fingers crossed for our players health and we'll see............ Still waiting on WOODSMAN...................................

Woodsman is mia, but we have others that will step up. Goose is for sure a dynamic player and will be missed. Other than mayfield we won’t need goose other than bell, so hopefully he recoups and is 100% for the playoffs. Most importantly his health needs to 100%, won’t find more of a gamer than the goose.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Hound just checking on the kid that got hurt have you guys heard how he is and prayers going out for the young man

Thanks ole buddy, he text about a hour ago. Hopefully he is back by playoffs. He is a gamer and will do all he can to be back.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Thanks ole buddy, he text about a hour ago. Hopefully he is back by playoffs. He is a gamer and will do all he can to be back.

Good I can’t stand to see any of these young men hurt I know it’s a part of the game and I really hate it when there seniors thanks for the up date buddy
Are you people Serious?!?
I’m right here. Sorry if my life involves a couple more things than responding to every infantile provocations on a particular website.
Congrats to the hounds. They destroyed a 1a power by 7 points. That’s crazy good. Things haven’t looked this good since 1982!
Woodsman Wrote:Congrats to the hounds. They destroyed a 1a power by 7 points. That’s crazy good. Things haven’t looked this good since 1982!

Hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah. Like you said, “we sure needed it”
Corbin gets revenge for last year's loss. Their next game doesn't get any easier. Congrats Hounds.
Way to go Colonels!
Hound05 Wrote:BTW, I must be the only one- or at least people acted that way, they probably didn’t know either- that you couldn’t hurdle in HS???!!! Mr. football candidate and Corbin QB chase Estep had the highlight on the night when he jumped over a beechwood defender!!! But they called it back.

Has this always been a thing? Recent? I’ve never seen it called and I’ve seen several players do it!

I've seen it called back lots of times.
It’s a rule..It’s a safety issue and dangerous
I can see that. But is it anymore dangerous diving for a catch? To me, there’s more dangerous plays. But rules are rules. I can’t complain. I’ve just never seen it called before. And I’ve seen him do it numerous times.
Woodsman Wrote:Congrats to the hounds. They destroyed a 1a power by 7 points. That’s crazy good. Things haven’t looked this good since 1982!

:lame:
Bobcat4years Wrote:We were open tonight and drove to Applebee’s and the to the game.. Corbin is very good with a great defense. Beechwood wasted plays trying to run the ball on Corbin..

I'd eat something good if I drove that far Smile
Hound05 Wrote:Oh yea that reminds me.... Woodsman, where ya at???????

She likes getting spanked behind the woodshed.
Good win. Get ready for the next one. But for 20-2 in penalties would have swept the series.
smoke1015 Wrote:Beechwood's pass protection is as good as any I've ever saw in high-school. Beechwood QB had time to microwave a meal back there, and eat it too. Of course Corbin knows what they have in their linebackers and their cover guys...they mainly just rush their 3 D-lineman, allow the outside and inside backers to help cover, and you have to be darn good, or run something darn quick to complete a pass on 'em. Central and Boyle may be the only teams that can, consistently. Maybe Corbin's speed is a little better than last year, and Estep can throw the ball a mile, but I'm still not sure how much better the Redhounds are. All I know is Corbin is probably a top 10 team in the state, and definitely top 3 in their class.

definitely top 2 in their class.
Hound05 Wrote:Hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah. Like you said, “we sure needed it”

agreed it was a must win so you could get out of bed this morning. Weird but true.
Hey hound05, wanna cry about officiating? Seems like beechwood was on the short end of the stick last night as far as the penalties go. Should we all huff and puff about the “defenseless player” flag on fourth down? Has the world conspired against beechwood? Not everyone gets a trophy youngster. Good luck the rest of the year scooter. You guys will apparently need it.
pjdoug Wrote:She likes getting spanked behind the woodshed.

Awwwww. You were trying to be funny weren’t you. So cute. Keep trying little guy. One of these times you’ll figure it out.
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Corbin :Cheerlead Next Mayfield September 21 ( Unfinished Business 55 )

I see a beat down coming.

But congratulations on your victory against Beechwood.
Woodsman Wrote:Hey hound05, wanna cry about officiating? Seems like beechwood was on the short end of the stick last night as far as the penalties go. Should we all huff and puff about the “defenseless player” flag on fourth down? Has the world conspired against beechwood? Not everyone gets a trophy youngster. Good luck the rest of the year scooter. You guys will apparently need it.

The defenseless player just happens to be the Senior whose high school career is now in question because of a possible broken collar bone.

You are a butt hurt loser, and I seriously doubt you would be any different as a winner.
Granny Bear Wrote:The defenseless player just happens to be the Senior whose high school career is now in question because of a possible broken collar bone.

You are a butt hurt loser, and I seriously doubt you would be any different as a winner.
So was it the right call though? I don’t care about the game either way. I’m not a beechwood fan, just saying that if we want to cry about officiating....beechwood has a case to be made and that would be silly. Regardless, congrats to the hounds and may the player make a speedy recovery.
Woodsman Wrote:So was it the right call though? I don’t care either way. I’m not a beechwood fan, just saying that if we want to cry about officiating....beechwood has a case to be made and that would be silly. Regardless, congrats to the hounds and may the player make a speedy recovery.
I was sitting in the end zone. It happened right in front of me. Not only was it the right call, it was an easy call to make.
jamesdeane Wrote:I was sitting in the end zone. It happened right in front of me. Not only was it the right call, it was an easy call to make.

It was a dumb play by the defender. The ball was uncatchable and beechwood made the stop. My point is that if you are crying about high school officiating....you need to revamp your priorities in life.