Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 21 Beechwood 14
Final.

WHAT a game!!!
Congrats to Hounds
Congrats on the win Hounds. Since Central lost to Ballard...I guess people will finally give credit where it's due.
Give it to beechwood. They didn’t quit! Every time we tried to put them away they responded. That might be the best defensive line we face this year! Proud of how we responded
Good game to watch. Not a fan of either team but it was a good game.
Prayers and good thoughts to the player who was injured.
BTW, I must be the only one- or at least people acted that way, they probably didn’t know either- that you couldn’t hurdle in HS???!!! Mr. football candidate and Corbin QB chase Estep had the highlight on the night when he jumped over a beechwood defender!!! But they called it back.

Has this always been a thing? Recent? I’ve never seen it called and I’ve seen several players do it!
It's a rule. It was called last year but I've seen a lot of kids jumping over other kids and not many calls.

If I understand it correctly it is discretionary.
Hound05 Wrote:BTW, I must be the only one- or at least people acted that way, they probably didn’t know either- that you couldn’t hurdle in HS???!!! Mr. football candidate and Corbin QB chase Estep had the highlight on the night when he jumped over a beechwood defender!!! But they called it back.

Has this always been a thing? Recent? I’ve never seen it called and I’ve seen several players do it!

I think it’s been on the books for a long time.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's a rule. It was called last year but I've seen a lot of kids jumping over other kids and not many calls.

If I understand it correctly it is discretionary.

Well that explains why it’s usually never called. I’ve been watching and playing for decades and have never seen it until tonight
Oh yea that reminds me.... Woodsman, where ya at???????
I knew Corbin wouldn’t have fun with Beechwood
bo67 Wrote:I knew Corbin wouldn’t have fun with Beechwood

It was a fun game for the fans though. Aside from the injury
Congratulations Corbin :Cheerlead Next Mayfield September 21 ( Unfinished Business 55 )
Hats off to Beechwood! I said Corbin would win by 3 TD's and I was dead wrong! I still think Corbin is as good as I think they are. I now know Beechwood is 10 times better than I thought they were. Much respect!
Hats off to Corbin. Glad I'm not a betting man. I was wrong!
Congrats Hounds
Congrats Corbin.
Hound05 Wrote:BTW, I must be the only one- or at least people acted that way, they probably didn’t know either- that you couldn’t hurdle in HS???!!! Mr. football candidate and Corbin QB chase Estep had the highlight on the night when he jumped over a beechwood defender!!! But they called it back.

Yeah I believe the rule goes as if the defenders knee is on the ground then the offensive player may hurdle. If the defender is standing on both feet then hurdling is not allowed. Again that’s a complete judgment call though. Don’t know how a ref could make that decision with kids moving as fast as Estep lol.

Congrats redpups!
Congrats to the Hounds. Big win !!!
Closer than I thought it would be.

Congrats Hounds!!
Way to go Hounds
Congratulations to the Hounds must have been a good game, helps in the long run
We were open tonight and drove to Applebee’s and the to the game.. Corbin is very good with a great defense. Beechwood wasted plays trying to run the ball on Corbin..
Two great defensive teams and Tigers were really good up front
Beechwoods Dline were monsters. Gonna be tough for any single A school to deal with
I said three scores left two on turnovers in the red zone. Corbin is due the respect and Beechwood is a single a state champ, and Danville will give them heck in 2a. Mayfield will be a test, but I think if the hounds pull through this one it’s fine Tuning till Black Friday. Then Boyle or Belfry. It’s still a week to week game and this group only sees the next target.

Can hurdle if a kid is diving at you. Estep hurdled a Casey kid last year but it was a legal hurdle since our safety was going to take his legs out, if he could.
It was probably a good loss for a young team. But I’m more concerned about the Corbin kid that got injured. If he’s a senior. It’s not supposed to go out that way if he can’t return
Beechwood's pass protection is as good as any I've ever saw in high-school. Beechwood QB had time to microwave a meal back there, and eat it too. Of course Corbin knows what they have in their linebackers and their cover guys...they mainly just rush their 3 D-lineman, allow the outside and inside backers to help cover, and you have to be darn good, or run something darn quick to complete a pass on 'em. Central and Boyle may be the only teams that can, consistently. Maybe Corbin's speed is a little better than last year, and Estep can throw the ball a mile, but I'm still not sure how much better the Redhounds are. All I know is Corbin is probably a top 10 team in the state, and definitely top 3 in their class.