•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville
2000PHS Wrote:I'll even go a step further, I don't care who wins tonight, only in Novemeber if we make it there. I will only be concerned if we get stomped and look overwhelmed.

Haha you want Paintsville to win bad just like we want Pikeville to win.
But yes it's only for pride and will mean nothing in November.
Got an emergency warning on my phone, flash flood warning until 3:45am.:HitWall:
jetpilot Wrote:I will be more surprised than if they would have lost to Paintsville in the 2015 playoffs and not won that 4th state championship.

Pikeville :1::1::1::1:
Paintsville *crickets*
:flame:

:biggrin:

For whatever reason Paintsville seems to like the non classed titles more
2000PHS Wrote:For whatever reason Paintsville seems to like the non classed titles more

The reason is they can't win a football title.:devilflam
2000PHS Wrote:I'll even go a step further, I don't care who wins tonight, only in Novemeber if we make it there. I will only be concerned if we get stomped and look overwhelmed.

Agree with the first part of this statement but the second part I don’t think you have to worry about. I see like I said before a good game at least I hope. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I'm going to say its early for both teams and still a work in progress. The first true apples to apples test for both. So I say buckle up and hang on for the ride. The games between these 2 teams lately have been very good except for last year. Always hard hitting and with a little attitude. I do believe Qb Roberts for Pikeville is the difference maker along with the defense starting to gel and come together as one unit. This game at this time is more about pride and putting best product on the field. The second matchup in the playoffs is the most important, if there is one. My prediction is team that plays with less mistakes takes it.

Pikeville 31
Paintsville 20
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:I'm going to say its early for both teams and still a work in progress. The first true apples to apples test for both. So I say buckle up and hang on for the ride. The games between these 2 teams lately have been very good except for last year. Always hard hitting and with a little attitude. I do believe Qb Roberts for Pikeville is the difference maker along with the defense starting to gel and come together as one unit. This game at this time is more about pride and putting best product on the field. The second matchup in the playoffs is the most important, if there is one. My prediction is team that plays with less mistakes takes it.

Pikeville 31
Paintsville 20

You know Sports Fan 101 you made a big statement there about mistakes. Most people think of fumbles and interceptions as mistakes and they are but the ones that bother me the most are mentally. You said that about last years game was true and I was there their where 3 mental mistakes that attribute to 3 touchdowns for Paintsville. All on defense which I had said in a post last year that had improved the most over the year, well all the Pikeville fans know how the offense transition took place with the movement of personnel. New year and right this is a pride game and to get better in should have no meaning on the goal this team has for themselves and that’s to get to Lexington but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
This is the EKB TV game of the week. Anyone have a link for those that won’t be able to attend? For the record, I will be there, I’m asking for others.
jetpilot Wrote:Got an emergency warning on my phone, flash flood warning until 3:45am.:HitWall:
Think that the most recent radar only shows storm potential around like 10 or 11 tonight. At least over Pikeville.
PHSForever Wrote:This is the EKB TV game of the week. Anyone have a link for those that won’t be able to attend? For the record, I will be there, I’m asking for others.

Will it be shown live on the internet? I'm gonna be away from the Pikeville area til the end of September and would really like to watch tonight's game and next week's game.
PHSFAN Wrote:Will it be shown live on the internet? I'm gonna be away from the Pikeville area til the end of September and would really like to watch tonight's game and next week's game.

You may get around Paintsville and watchthey have it on the internet most of the time, they had the Frederick Douglass game last week and may have the Pikeville game. The announcers are Paintsville guys but they do a pretty good job but you can always turn the volume off,haha. But GO PANTHERS!!!
I don't mind the announcers, i would just be thankful to have the opportunity to watch the game. Sometimes it is fun to listen to the "other teams" announcers lol.

I'm in Lexington for the next few weeks and gonna have to rely on online coverage if I'm gonna receive any lol.
Hey PHSFan it isn’t going to be on live because Pikeville won’t allow them to show it live but it will be on delayed sorry I just found out
Patriot1 Wrote:Hey PHSFan it isn’t going to be on live because Pikeville won’t allow them to show it live but it will be on delayed sorry I just found out
Ugggh. I just found that out too. Delayed. Replays on Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like out of towners will have to listen via radio
Oh well, is what it is lol.

What radio station will the game be on, wdhr?
People will call me crazy, but Pikeville has too many athletes and their depth is insane. Paintsville can stop the run, but Pikeville is a run and gun team. I'll take Pikeville big, maybe even running clock. Call me crazy, maybe I am wrong but Pikeville is different than years before. I'd give them more than a punchers chance next week even.
bball_fan Wrote:People will call me crazy, but Pikeville has too many athletes and their depth is insane. Paintsville can stop the run, but Pikeville is a run and gun team. I'll take Pikeville big, maybe even running clock. Call me crazy, maybe I am wrong but Pikeville is different than years before. I'd give them more than a punchers chance next week even.
We aren’t counting on that at all. We know last week did not show the Paintsville team we will face tonight. They’re loaded for bear and gunning our way. Will be a battle and a half.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)