Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurt Busch bumps past former teammate Kenseth
BRISTOL, Tenn. -- New team, new car, same old results for Kurt Busch at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Busch brashly bumped Matt Kenseth -- his old teammate -- out of his way with four laps to go Sunday to win the Food City 500, his fifth victory in the last nine races on the half-mile track.

But this was his first win since joining Roger Penske's team at the start of the season and taking over the famed No. 2 Dodge that nine-time Bristol winner Rusty Wallace drove. Busch celebrated his victory by jumping from his car, grabbing the checkered flag and doing "snow angels" on the finish line as a nod to the wintry weather that plagued the track all weekend.

"This is unreal," he said. "I'm just so happy to be able to have this car and have Roger's privilege to do so."

Kevin Harvick finished second and was followed by Kenseth, who faded back after Busch's pass and drew the ire of Jeff Gordon after making contact with him that sent Gordon spinning. Gordon plummeted all the way to a 21st-place finish, then stalked Kenseth on pit road.

Kenseth approached him with his arms out as if he was trying to explain the situation, but Gordon gave him a hard shove that knocked him back several feet. The two were quickly separated by NASCAR officials.

"That was my fault, it was an accident and I didn't mean to do it," Kenseth said of his contact with Gordon. "I would be hot, too. He raced hard all day long for his third-place finish and it got taken away from him. I probably should have known better than to go over him."

Carl Edwards finished fourth and Bobby Labonte was fifth. Mark Martin and Greg Biffle were sixth and seventh -- putting four of Roush Racing's five drivers in the top seven.

Kyle Busch, who won Saturday's Busch race, was eighth. Ryan Newman was ninth and Kasey Kahne, last week's winner, rounded out the top 10.

Bristol is always a race of attrition, with drivers hoping to avoid the numerous accidents while keeping their tempers intact. This one was no different, except that the usual temper tantrums weren't in play until very late in the race. Instead, shoddy driving skills seemed to contribute to most of the 18 cautions.

The many accidents led dozens of torn up race cars -- at one point, a piece of sheet metal from Dale Jarrett's car flew into the stands and was quickly snatched up as a souvenir -- and only 21 of the 43 cars finishing on the lead lap.

Still, the event wasn't immune to retribution and retaliation. Gordon spun out Martin Truex Jr. late in the race, and Truex tried to get even by banging alongside Gordon's Chevy. Truex was a lap down, Gordon was in the lead pack, and the shenanigans were holding up Tony Stewart.

Stewart, sick of watching the games in front of him as the leaders pulled away, rammed into the back of Truex to send him into a race-ending spin. Truex then got a tongue-lashing over his radio from his crew chief, who was irate that his rookie driver allowed frustration to blow a decent finish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Then Kenseth got mad because Gordon took a spot from him too, so he decides to wreck him with half a lap left. :redboxer:
I loved Kenseth wrecking Gordon... it was right in front of us Big Grin
Kenseth looked like he was going to cry when Gordon pushed 2 holes through his chest..What a WUSS!
Jeff Gordon would wear Matt Kenseth out. He was lucky that they held Gordon back.
You must be kidding. Gordon couldn't wear out a pair of shoes.
venom93 Wrote:You must be kidding. Gordon couldn't wear out a pair of shoes.

I didn't see Kenseth doing anything.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I loved Kenseth wrecking Gordon... it was right in front of us Big Grin

You must be a Jr. fan. Smile
Gordon needs to learn to take a little of what he gives. NASCAR should dock Gordon some driver points for his pit road antics. Not that they would ever do anything to one of their golden boys though.
venom93 Wrote:Gordon needs to learn to take a little of what he gives. NASCAR should dock Gordon some driver points for his pit road antics. Not that they would ever do anything to one of their golden boys though.

Points should never be taken away, maybe a fine, but don't take away the points for something that happened when the race was over. And if that was the case, take away points from Kenseth for wrecking Gordon.
All Gordon and Stewart do is try to wreck everybody... I felt sorry for Yeley.. he got a free pass and made it back into the top 10.. then Gordon wrekced #1 and Yeley got hit also.. Gordon just got paid back
Im glad Kenseth wrecked Gordon at the end it was right in frnt of me
I think that gordon should be docked 25 pts atleast. Dale Jr said the word "shit" and nascar took 25 from him at talladega 2 years ago, and he wasn't runnin his mouth. A reporter asked him about being the 2nd winningest driver at the track and he said that "dont mean shit my daddy won here 10 times". Oh yeah i'm a gordon hater. :rockon:
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I loved Kenseth wrecking Gordon... it was right in front of us Big Grin

Where was you sitting? It was kinda infront of me i was in the petty terrace section d.
ooh-rah Wrote:I think that gordon should be docked 25 pts atleast. Dale Jr said the word "shit" and nascar took 25 from him at talladega 2 years ago, and he wasn't runnin his mouth. A reporter asked him about being the 2nd winningest driver at the track and he said that "dont mean shit my daddy won here 10 times". Oh yeah i'm a gordon hater. :rockon:

Please... Anyone who likes Jr. hates Gordon, just the way it is.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:All Gordon and Stewart do is try to wreck everybody... I felt sorry for Yeley.. he got a free pass and made it back into the top 10.. then Gordon wrekced #1 and Yeley got hit also.. Gordon just got paid back

I understand where you're coming from, but Treux had no business trying to race with Gordon and Stewart. He was simply slowing them down at a crucial time in the race. He got what he deserved. He is supposed to move up the track and let Gordon and Stewart by. Rookie mistakes.
blackcat Wrote:Please... Anyone who likes Jr. hates Gordon, just the way it is.
VERY TRUE, and anyone who says they like both is LYING!!! And I dare the one who does say that they like both to admit it, BECAUSE THEN THE REAL BASHING WOULD START!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:VERY TRUE, and anyone who says they like both is LYING!!! And I dare the one who does say that they like both to admit it, BECAUSE THEN THE REAL BASHING WOULD START!
I hate both of them. Im a DJ#88 fan. If I had to pick it would Jr. just cause of his sponser.:Thumbs:
I am not a Gordon fan and have no Dale Jr. signs up but after watching Gordon wear MK out in the pits and the scared look on Kenseths face it was evident he wanted no part of a fight. Was that a double dog dare or a triple?
I agree, MK looked kinda scared and he certainly wasn't trying to get to JG. JG was the one being held back.
I loved it when Gordon got spun out, the only thing that would have been better would have been the #8 doing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notice Gordon didn't take off his helmet though when he approached Kenseth. That's a WUSS in my book.
:ChairHit: :thatsfunn:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:Notice Gordon didn't take off his helmet though when he approached Kenseth. That's a WUSS in my book.

Gordon had just got out of his car, there was about a 5 second difference from when he got out of his car to when he got to Kenseth. He should have just hit him for that stunt.
blackcat Wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but Treux had no business trying to race with Gordon and Stewart. He was simply slowing them down at a crucial time in the race. He got what he deserved. He is supposed to move up the track and let Gordon and Stewart by. Rookie mistakes.

I didn't like it the first time truex was spun but the second time he brought it on him self.
blackcat Wrote:Gordon had just got out of his car, there was about a 5 second difference from when he got out of his car to when he got to Kenseth. He should have just hit him for that stunt.
I really don't think Kenseth meant to wreck Gordon. Even Gordon admitted that he bumped Kenseth out of the way for 3rd then Kenseth just bumped him back and wrecked him. I don't think it was intentional at all.
ooh-rah Wrote:I didn't like it the first time truex was spun but the second time he brought it on him self.

He deserved it both times, he was holding them both up and letting Busch and Kenseth run away with it.
BCF4L Wrote:I really don't think Kenseth meant to wreck Gordon. Even Gordon admitted that he bumped Kenseth out of the way for 3rd then Kenseth just bumped him back and wrecked him. I don't think it was intentional at all.

You may be right. Gordon did bump Kenseth, but he did what he had to do. He had a good run on him and Kenseth wouldn't let him by. Should be interesting Sunday.
ooh-rah Wrote:Where was you sitting? It was kinda infront of me i was in the petty terrace section d.
i was in the petty terrace section A row 3 se
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I am not a Gordon fan and have no Dale Jr. signs up but after watching Gordon wear MK out in the pits and the scared look on Kenseths face it was evident he wanted no part of a fight. Was that a double dog dare or a triple?
I would say triple:ChairHit: