•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville
This game worries me. Pikeville coming off a bye week, Paintsville licking their wounds after getting manhandled by Fred Doug. Truthfully, they should have been. A young program, Fred Doug is still loaded with talent and depth of a top of the middle tier 6A team, so Paintsville losing to them didn’t surprise me. Now both teams are not punching up or down, we are in the same weight class. Just hope my Panthers stay focused and driven and ignore all the noise. It’s a one game at a time season to achieve what these boys want. Not gonna predict a score I just want to see focus and all gas, no brakes from my Panthers.
Panthers by 12.
Pikeville 28-14
I think this game will be a dog fight and which ever team don’t make mistakes wins. Last year Pikeville went there not knowing their identity and found out what hard nose football was. This year is deferent they now know who they are so they have to go out and do their jobs and play their game. Paintsville is going to be bigger in the trenches than Pikeville and does have a good defense. It’s going to be a real challenge for the Panthers but have a lot of faith in this group to get it done. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I think this game will be a dog fight and which ever team don’t make mistakes wins. Last year Pikeville went there not knowing their identity and found out what hard nose football was. This year is deferent they now know who they are so they have to go out and do their jobs and play their game. Paintsville is going to be bigger in the trenches than Pikeville and does have a good defense. It’s going to be a real challenge for the Panthers but have a lot of faith in this group to get it done. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

The dogs will have the cats up a tree. Why do you keep saying Paintsville has a good defense?
pjdoug Wrote:The dogs will have the cats up a tree. Why do you keep saying Paintsville has a good defense?
Because Fred Doug, like the other games they’ve played (and Pikeville S well), doesn’t give a good indication of their talent level. This game, being against a similarly talented 1A team, will give a more true idea of their defense, AND Pikeville’s defense and offense as well. I personally think it will be similar to the 2015 regular season game, but a little bigger win margin for whomever wins.

There’s not likely to be many disappointed football fans with the price of admission for Friday’s game. Win or lose, it will be a good one I think. Definitely one to build off of.
Panthers continue to roll 35-14
pjdoug Wrote:The dogs will have the cats up a tree. Why do you keep saying Paintsville has a good defense?

I don’t judge a team by one performance (which to say the least was awful) but I have watched this Paintsville team play for about 6 years now from middle school up and that game Friday night reminds me of when Pikeville went to Belfry last year they where beat when they got on the bus to go to Belfry. They will rebound but will the beat Pikeville I sure hope not but if Pikeville don’t play with heart and effort it can surely happen. PJDoug have you been to any counter clockwise horse races lately and did the favorite always win. I rest my case but as always GO PANTHERS!!!!

9 returning starters that hasn't given up more than 21 points to a class A team in a long time
Last several year Paintsville has been my sleeper team in the east, But its a new year. Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

Pikeville 42
Paintsville 21
Would love for Paintsville to have a good showing, I’m a fan of both programs and would love for Paintsville to compete making the east in 1A more competitive.
2000PHS Wrote:9 returning starters that hasn't given up more than 21 points to a class A team in a long time

Who are the 9? Lost Stambaugh, 2 Daniels, Tyrese, McAllister, Couch, Castle and Meade on defense. 8 of top 15 tacklers including a D1.

And in all fairness, Paintsville hasn't played a good Class A team on the road since losing to Hazard in the '16 playoffs by 2 TDs while giving up 400 yards. But like others have said, different team, different venue. I'm not going to make a prediction on the game but I think the best defense will be wearing maroon.
Pikevile 35-14 maybe worse
2000PHS Wrote:9 returning starters that hasn't given up more than 21 points to a class A team in a long time

Paintsville will be a tough out for any Class A team this year and they will be in the hunt come playoff time
Pikeville is loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball. If you can't manhandle them in the trenches it will be a long night.
Patriot1 Wrote:I don’t judge a team by one performance (which to say the least was awful) but I have watched this Paintsville team play for about 6 years now from middle school up and that game Friday night reminds me of when Pikeville went to Belfry last year they where beat when they got on the bus to go to Belfry. They will rebound but will the beat Pikeville I sure hope not but if Pikeville don’t play with heart and effort it can surely happen. PJDoug have you been to any counter clockwise horse races lately and did the favorite always win. I rest my case but as always GO PANTHERS!!!!
They've played three games with the first two opponents being about as weak as it gets followed by a good but not great 6A team. I still don't see how you can say they have a good defense by beating two middle school teams then getting blown off the field by a big school. lol... All horse races are counter-clockwise unless you're a Bloody Brit.
Harlan? Confusedtare:Confusedtare: :dudecomeon:
64SUR Wrote:Last several year Paintsville has been my sleeper team in the east, But its a new year. Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

Pikeville 42
Paintsville 21

They stayed asleep so you jumped on a new wagon. lol
Orange Blaze Wrote:Paintsville will be a tough out for any Class A team this year and they will be in the hunt come playoff time
Pikeville will shut them completely down while signaling to the rest of the East that they are the team to beat.
2 pages? Wow figured they would be more chatter.
pjdoug Wrote:Harlan? Confusedtare:Confusedtare: :dudecomeon:

I'm talking go back a couple of years and look at the scores. Raceland scored more than 21 last year but it was 14 on pick sixes.
2000PHS Wrote:I'm talking go back a couple of years and look at the scores. Raceland scored more than 21 last year but it was 14 on pick sixes.

Last year doesnt count though and there is no indication that Paintsville has a good defense. lol. If they shut Pikeville down I'll say they do.
pjdoug Wrote:They've played three games with the first two opponents being about as weak as it gets followed by a good but not great 6A team. I still don't see how you can say they have a good defense by beating two middle school teams then getting blown off the field by a big school. lol... All horse races are counter-clockwise unless you're a Bloody Brit.

You know I have been going to horse races all my life and it never dawned on me they do run counter clockwise. Very observant aren’t i

Didn’t Raceland score 31 in the Region Championship last year?
pjdoug Wrote:Last year doesnt count though and there is no indication that Paintsville has a good defense. lol. If they shut Pikeville down I'll say they do.

I mean you set the bar pretty high!!! Shut down the East favorite at their place coming off a bye week. I would hope you would give them some respect. I'll be happy with anything less than 30.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Yep. The Ref kicked that ball right through the uprights to send us to the carpet.
what was the score...11-0? Oh my bad, that was the number of penalties called against Pikeville to the number called against Raceland! 😂Shame on the refs in that one!
2000PHS Wrote:I mean you set the bar pretty high!!! Shut down the East favorite at their place coming off a bye week. I would hope you would give them some respect. I'll be happy with anything less than 30.

Now 2000PHS you know it’s going to be a war and who ever makes the fewest mistakes will win but good luck to you guys and hope for an injury free game but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville by 7
4everUK Wrote:what was the score...11-0? Oh my bad, that was the number of penalties called against Pikeville to the number called against Raceland! 😂Shame on the refs in that one!

What a sissy!
2000PHS I seen where Christian signed to play college football today congratulations to him he definitely deserved it
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next