Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl
Has anyone heard who is playing in the Pike County Bowl this year?
I know Belfry plays Huntington High again. Not sure about the rest.
I think Pikeville plays LCA and that’s the only two I know just Belfry like #55PirateFan said.
Patriot1 Wrote:I think Pikeville plays LCA and that’s the only two I know just Belfry like #55PirateFan said.

I can't wait to watch the Panthers this year. I've heard nothing but great things about those young men.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I can't wait to watch the Panthers this year. I've heard nothing but great things about those young men.

You know #55PirateFan that it’s all about the off season work you put in to what happens the next fall. Like the coach says get better ever game. I am looking forward to these season and I know they are but it’s going to be a ruff road with the competition level of Hazard,Raceland and Paintsville but you know all about that with the road the Pirates have in the playoffs. Love these Panthers and good luck to the Pirates, I will be keeping up with them this year as always.
Anyone know what the criteria is for being "invited" to playing in the PCB?
I've inquired with Community Trust for several years and never gotten a response.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Anyone know what the criteria is for being "invited" to playing in the PCB?
I've inquired with Community Trust for several years and never gotten a response.
Don’t know that’s theres an official list of set criteria (may be), but I do know it’s usually local schools against in state schools. Recently they’ve had to start having some out of state schools due to commitment issues with in state schools who would be good draws. I believe the first out of state school to participate was a North Carolina team? Then recently, of course, Huntington High playing Belfry. It’s a good, fair question. I don’t think you will see an answer on here though.
MCMiner247 Wrote:Anyone know what the criteria is for being "invited" to playing in the PCB?

Mingo Central is not going to be playing in the Pike County Bowl any time soon, not going to happen. Not a knock against the Miners but as long as they can get a powerhouse 3A school from WV to come play like a Huntington High or Cabell Midland then MC will be left out. And I know what most people will say, that it will draw a big gate. Sure it will. But imagine the trouble the fans will cause, from both sides, and it's just not worth it. I'd love to see it happen. But I just don't think it will in the near future. And IMO, I don't think it would be much of a game anyway if the Miners drew a matchup against Belfry or Pikeville. I think either team would handle MC easily and they don't need that right now.
There is a committee. Contact Ancie Casey - Pike County AD.
If they were going to let MC in it would have happened two years ago it wouldn’t be worth it now it wouldn’t have been then ether but it would have been fun to lay one one them when they fielded there best team ever
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If they were going to let MC in it would have happened two years ago it wouldn’t be worth it now it wouldn’t have been then ether but it would have been fun to lay one one them when they fielded there best team ever

Confusednicker:
Pikeville needs a good opponent. They are loaded for bear this year and need a competitive game.
E's Army Wrote:Pikeville needs a good opponent. They are loaded for bear this year and need a competitive game.

True. Always want to see the Panthers play good, stiff competition, and they do. I remember Bardstown played the Panthers in the PCB back in the 90's, and the outcome wasn't that good for Pikeville, but it was good competition, and no doubt it made Pikeville somewhat better that season. Would like to see Bardstown make a return trip, and somewhere in the near future, I believe E- town would be a good draw. That's a positive anyone can say about both Pikeville and Belfry; Your going to see good competition scheduled for the PCB.
What date is the pike county bowl this year
August 24 and 25th
-
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If they were going to let MC in it would have happened two years ago it wouldn’t be worth it now it wouldn’t have been then ether but it would have been fun to lay one one them when they fielded there best team ever

I’ve been waiting for months to reply to this....

I love posts like this, cuz on days like today it makes comments like this
HILARIOUS. Be sure to watch EKB News tonight bud....cya’ll soon.
MCMiner247 Wrote:I’ve been waiting for months to reply to this....

:biggrin:
MCMiner247 Wrote:I’ve been waiting for months to reply to this....

When will the news air?
pjdoug Wrote::biggrin:

Don’t have to wait on the news if your talking about the PCB next year, already know Mingo Central will be playing Pikeville and LCA will be playing Belfry. Sorry that was meant for MCMiner
I saw where Point Pleasant WV won at Mingo Central last week 42-35 and Pikeville plays on their home field later on in the season. I don't know anything about Point Pleasant but they must be pretty good to beat Mingo Central on top of the mountain.
PHSFAN Wrote:I saw where Point Pleasant WV won at Mingo Central last week 42-35 and Pikeville plays on their home field later on in the season. I don't know anything about Point Pleasant but they must be pretty good to beat Mingo Central on top of the mountain.

I heard they are pretty good but I think Mingo Central is down a bit this year, I was told at the Pike County Bowl that two of their players are at Belfry now and I watched them play and they are both good players
Patriot1 Wrote:I heard they are pretty good but I think Mingo Central is down a bit this year, I was told at the Pike County Bowl that two of their players are at Belfry now and I watched them play and they are both good players

I figured Mingo Central must be a little down this season when I saw that score.

I'm looking forward too next year's Pike County Bowl if it is gonna be Mingo Central vs Pikeville. Mingo Central has a good program, if the game happens hopefully this is the first of many games between Pikeville and Mingo Central.
PHSFAN Wrote:I figured Mingo Central must be a little down this season when I saw that score.

I'm looking forward too next year's Pike County Bowl if it is gonna be Mingo Central vs Pikeville. Mingo Central has a good program, if the game happens hopefully this is the first of many games between Pikeville and Mingo Central.

Well I guy that on the committee told me it’s a two year deal now that’s what I was told. Hope it’s the truth don’t like to spread lies and won’t if I no it’s a lie
Patriot1 Wrote:Well I guy that on the committee told me it’s a two year deal now that’s what I was told. Hope it’s the truth don’t like to spread lies and won’t if I no it’s a lie

You're a good man. Go Panthers!
pjdoug Wrote:You're a good man. Go Panthers!

I try but sometimes on here it’s hard. Reading some of this posts it hits a nerve but some you know are just having fun but those people who believe their team can’t be beat and comparing scores to other teams is not total accurate. It’s all about match ups and sometimes things just don’t bounce your way. Most are true but I try to be logical and express my opinion without conflict and never downgrade anyone or team just the way I am. Love reading most of the posts especially the funny ones
Pikeville vs. Mingo Central 2019

Belfry vs. Mingo Central 2020

Surprised there isn't more talk about this.
The score showed Mingo isn't down. Point Pleasant is ranked #4 in AA. Mingo was supposed to have a rebuilding year with a large soph class. Sounds like they may be like Pikeville last year. They will be really good the next 2 years.

PHSFAN Wrote:I figured Mingo Central must be a little down this season when I saw that score.

kywvfan Wrote:The score showed Mingo isn't down. Point Pleasant is ranked #4 in AA. Mingo was supposed to have a rebuilding year with a large soph class. Sounds like they may be like Pikeville last year. They will be really good the next 2 years.

Thanks for the info, besides Belfry my WV high school football knowledge is very limited.

I'm looking forward to paying my first visit too Point Pleasant later in the season. Should be a very good game between 2 ranked teams in their respective states.
PHSFAN Wrote:Thanks for the info, besides Belfry my WV high school football knowledge is very limited.

I'm looking forward to paying my first visit too Point Pleasant later in the season. Should be a very good game between 2 ranked teams in their respective states.

I really think you guys will be a great match-up with PPHS.
The key to winning against the Big Blacks IMO;
1-Stop the QB. He made 4-5 HUGE plays for them including
the game winning drive/score
2-Contain the QB's #1 Target-Walmsley (school's leading all-time receiver)
3-Cause chaos on the line....they've got a HUGE line, but we did well
with them.

Side note, PPHS is a proud football town...expect a big, rowdy crowd.
Very pretty stadium and a neat place...make sure you take a picture
with the Mothman Statue! And leave Pikeville early......its a LONG trip.