Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 34 Pulaski County 25
pjdoug Wrote:How good are they as a team compared to last year's team?

They are different. Last year's group was loaded offensively. This group will get better as the year goes on offensively, but will rely on their defense until the offense grows up.
Most teams they play will struggle to run the football on this group.
Cardfan1 Wrote:They are different. Last year's group was loaded offensively. This group will get better as the year goes on offensively, but will rely on their defense until the offense grows up.
Most teams they play will struggle to run the football on this group.

Defense wins games. If you get tired of your head coach send him over to Whitley County Smile
FoSho Wrote:Pulaski is a perfect example at how 7v7 or that "middle state tourney" mean nothing in high school.

No excuse for the Maroons to be bad.

While it isn’t a direct translation to success at the high school level, it is definitely an indirect one. The usual suspects in the middle school tourney and the usual suspects in the state semifinals a few years later. Now things can change depending on transfers and how well teams stay together. I can’t help but wonder if you would take the same stance if Boyle had won the D-2 championship back in October. One thing I can almost guarantee is that Boyle and Corbin will have battles for years to come at the high school level. That is in large part a result of both programs’ success at the middle school level.

I think the maroons have a ton of talent, it’s just young. In another year or two they’ll be back to their old ways.
FoSho Wrote:This is simply not true.

I have never been an advocate for the tourney and never will.

It's not a REAL State Title. It's not sanctioned by the KHSAA and not every school participates. It's a great accomplishment but NEWSFLASH it's not a state championship.

It is open for every school to participate. Some think they’re above it. Some found out last season that they weren’t.

If it weren’t open to everyone then I would agree with you. Since it’s open to everyone it is a legitimate state tourney. Especially since it’s only split into three divisions in 8th grade and one in 7th.
FoSho Wrote:😊

Meaning....it's not something that some schools are going to participate in unless there is some kind of governing body to organize it properly.

😬

The kymsfa is a governing body...and a great one at that. They’re just not puppets for chuck smith and those like him to control to get their way.
Northern Pulaski won 2015 and 2016 7th grade state championships. Those guys would be Freshman and Sophomores. Pulaski has some good years coming.

Let's remember KYMSFA has only been around since 2008 missing many KHSAA state championships.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The kymsfa is a governing body...and a great one at that. They’re just not puppets for chuck smith and those like him to control to get their way.

And you were doing so well and then *poof* back to being a jerk.

If Chuck Smith had any pull at all Boyle wouldn't be on the road for semi state this year (for the third straight year).

I am amazed that you take such offense at the fact not everyone thinks the kymsfa is a well run organization. Why does that hurt your pride so much? I have a different opinion (as do lots of others) and it really bothers you.

I wonder what bothers you more? The fact Boyle doesn't give a crap about fictitious middle school football titles or that not participating hasn't stopped us from winning the real ones in high school?

I've grown to like every Corbin poster on this forum but you. Get over yourself and be civil.
FoSho Wrote:And you were doing so well and then *poof* back to being a jerk.

If Chuck Smith had any pull at all Boyle wouldn't be on the road for semi state this year (for the third straight year).

I am amazed that you take such offense at the fact not everyone thinks the kymsfa is a well run organization. Why does that hurt your pride so much? I have a different opinion (as do lots of others) and it really bothers you.

I wonder what bothers you more? The fact Boyle doesn't give a crap about fictitious middle school football titles or that not participating hasn't stopped us from winning the real ones in high school?

I've grown to like every Corbin poster on this forum but you. Get over yourself and be civil.

Let’s not forget that the khsaa almost changed the entire format just to appease Boyle county (chuck smith) this season. The only thing that stopped it was the fact the rest of the state was in upheaval. The khsaa still “fixed” it for you guys though. It was just delayed a year. Honestly the feeling is mutual. I like every Boyle poster but you. I’m just not going to read over and over how you make excuses and belittle the accomplishments of kids who have worked their tails off and won state championships in middle school with out a reply. Whether it be kids from Corbin or kids from Pulaski county, which is a program that I don’t particularly care for. These championships are legitimate championships. I will offer my rebuttal every single time because it needs to be said. Some people are just so sophomoric that they need to try to tear down something if it doesn’t go their way.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Let’s not forget that the khsaa almost changed the entire format just to appease Boyle county (chuck smith) this season. The only thing that stopped it was the fact the rest of the state was in upheaval. The khsaa still “fixed” it for you guys though. It was just delayed a year. Honestly the feeling is mutual. I like every Boyle poster but you. I’m just not going to read over and over how you make excuses and belittle the accomplishments of kids who have worked their tails off and won state championships in middle school with out a reply. Whether it be kids from Corbin or kids from Pulaski county, which is a program that I don’t particularly care for. These championships are legitimate championships. I will offer my rebuttal every single time because it needs to be said. Some people are just so sophomoric that they need to try to tear down something if it doesn’t go their way.

And because we don't compete in the tourney our middle school hard work, blood, sweat and tears don't count?

You just don't like the fact that I keep reminding everyone that it's not a true state championship. I get it. It's a great accomplishment though. Congrats Coach!

As far as the Chuck Smith comments...did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, the KHSAA realized that they screwed a group of kids that have worked THEIR butts off for YEARS only to have their ability to host a well deserved semifinal game in the name of cross bracketing? You know as well as I do (since you are all about the kids, right), Boyle Co kids are getting SCREWED in the KHSAA playoffs. Can you admit that Coach? But we don't complain, we just put in work.
FoSho Wrote:And because we don't compete in the tourney our middle school hard work, blood, sweat and tears don't count?

You just don't like the fact that I keep reminding everyone that it's not a true state championship. I get it. It's a great accomplishment though. Congrats Coach!

As far as the Chuck Smith comments...did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, the KHSAA realized that they screwed a group of kids that have worked THEIR butts off for YEARS only to have their ability to host a well deserved semifinal game in the name of cross bracketing? You know as well as I do (since you are all about the kids, right), Boyle Co kids are getting SCREWED in the KHSAA playoffs. Can you admit that Coach? But we don't complain, we just put in work.

Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. IT IS a state championship. No way around it. Everyone can compete in it. Most that don’t wouldnt have won anyways. That’s not a shot just the truth. The best team in the state wins. It’s like saying the KHSAA state championship isn’t a true one because there are 6 classes and not everyone makes it. Every team works hard, every kid sacrifices, no one can take that away. But no one can take away a state title either. Some teams choose not to participate so they can play their conference tournament. And that’s fine. But the real competition is at the state. No high school team would just wanna play in their district and forego the state playoffs. It’s the same thing. I bet all of these kids would want to do it. Because it’s an honor, and a high honor to win it. The kymsaa isn’t perfect, but as you’ve stated neither is the KHSAA.

P.S. I’m with ya on BC getting screwed. You’re right, and they have. And it’s not right. But it goes back to the whole governing body. Neither are perfect. But that doesn’t mean BC wasn’t the 3A champ last year. Because they most certainly were. Just like corbin 7th and 8th were D2 champs
FoSho Wrote:And because we don't compete in the tourney our middle school hard work, blood, sweat and tears don't count?

I have never said that Boyle county’s accomplishments were less because they didn’t play in the tournament. I’ve never said that Boyle county wasn’t a great football program from their elementary programs all the way up through the high school. Playing in the tournament or not doesn’t determine how good a team is. It does let them know where they stand though. I honestly believe that if Boyle had played in it every year, they would’ve won more than their fair share of state titles in middle school. That’s neither here nor there. I just don’t like it when you try to tear down what other kids have acomplished. If it doesn’t matter to you all that’s fine. You choose not to play in the tournament and that’s fine. That doesn’t give you the ability to say that it’s not a true state tournament though. If it were closed to you all or anyone else I would fully agree with you that it isn’t a true state championship. It’s open to you though.

I agree with you in the fact that Boyle did get screwed by cross bracketing. It was stupid, and points to the fact that the khsaa is no better an organization than the kymsfa. You all are just paying your dues now though, you all won’t have to go on the road for another region semifinal for as long as this seeding happens. How about the kids who aren’t at the blue blood school? Do their “blood, sweat, and tears” not count at that point? They get to go on the road forever because of the seeding scenario. The truth is that Corbin will probably benefit from it. We’ll get to host our fair share of games.

You’ve gotta stop with the coach thing buddy. I’m not affiliated with any programs other than the fact that I’m a huge Corbin fan/keyboard warrior just like you.

Is it fair to say that you’re a coach because you post on here a lot? I figure your a dad who had a player on both the high school and middle school teams. I post a lot on the basketball threads during basketball season, and baseball threads during baseball season. I don’t coach either of those either. Maybe I’ll start though, obviously you seem to think I have some aptitude for it. You’ve never been wrong according to you right?

By the way, you saying that last years tournament wasn’t legitimate implies that there was a D-2 team in the state that was better than both Corbin and Boyle. Who was it?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I have never said that Boyle county’s accomplishments were less because they didn’t play in the tournament. I’ve never said that Boyle county wasn’t a great football program from their elementary programs all the way up through the high school. Playing in the tournament or not doesn’t determine how good a team is. It does let them know where they stand though. I honestly believe that if Boyle had played in it every year, they would’ve won more than their fair share of state titles in middle school. That’s neither here nor there. I just don’t like it when you try to tear down what other kids have acomplished. If it doesn’t matter to you all that’s fine. You choose not to play in the tournament and that’s fine. That doesn’t give you the ability to say that it’s not a true state tournament though. If it were closed to you all or anyone else I would fully agree with you that it isn’t a true state championship. It’s open to you though.

I agree with you in the fact that Boyle did get screwed by cross bracketing. It was stupid, and points to the fact that the khsaa is no better an organization than the kymsfa. You all are just paying your dues now though, you all won’t have to go on the road for another region semifinal for as long as this seeding happens. How about the kids who aren’t at the blue blood school? Do their “blood, sweat, and tears” not count at that point? They get to go on the road forever because of the seeding scenario. The truth is that Corbin will probably benefit from it. We’ll get to host our fair share of games.

You’ve gotta stop with the coach thing buddy. I’m not affiliated with any programs other than the fact that I’m a huge Corbin fan/keyboard warrior just like you.

Is it fair to say that you’re a coach because you post on here a lot? I figure your a dad who had a player on both the high school and middle school teams. I post a lot on the basketball threads during basketball season, and baseball threads during baseball season. I don’t coach either of those either. Maybe I’ll start though, obviously you seem to think I have some aptitude for it. You’ve never been wrong according to you right?

By the way, you saying that last years tournament wasn’t legitimate implies that there was a D-2 team in the state that was better than both Corbin and Boyle. Who was it?
All valid points. To answer your last question. There wasn’t a 7th grade team better not a D2 team better than the 8th grade. That’s just a fact. Just like there wasn’t a 3A school betternthan boyle co HS last year
Hound05 Wrote:Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. IT IS a state championship. No way around it. Everyone can compete in it. Most that don’t wouldnt have won anyways. That’s not a shot just the truth. The best team in the state wins. It’s like saying the KHSAA state championship isn’t a true one because there are 6 classes and not everyone makes it. Every team works hard, every kid sacrifices, no one can take that away. But no one can take away a state title either. Some teams choose not to participate so they can play their conference tournament. And that’s fine. But the real competition is at the state. No high school team would just wanna play in their district and forego the state playoffs. It’s the same thing. I bet all of these kids would want to do it. Because it’s an honor, and a high honor to win it. The kymsaa isn’t perfect, but as you’ve stated neither is the KHSAA.

P.S. I’m with ya on BC getting screwed. You’re right, and they have. And it’s not right. But it goes back to the whole governing body. Neither are perfect. But that doesn’t mean BC wasn’t the 3A champ last year. Because they most certainly were. Just like corbin 7th and 8th were D2 champs

Where can I find team records and stats for middle school football prior to 2008? How many did Corbin win before 2008? and how many do they claim they won? lol
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I have never said that Boyle county’s accomplishments were less because they didn’t play in the tournament. I’ve never said that Boyle county wasn’t a great football program from their elementary programs all the way up through the high school. Playing in the tournament or not doesn’t determine how good a team is. It does let them know where they stand though. I honestly believe that if Boyle had played in it every year, they would’ve won more than their fair share of state titles in middle school. That’s neither here nor there. I just don’t like it when you try to tear down what other kids have acomplished. If it doesn’t matter to you all that’s fine. You choose not to play in the tournament and that’s fine. That doesn’t give you the ability to say that it’s not a true state tournament though. If it were closed to you all or anyone else I would fully agree with you that it isn’t a true state championship. It’s open to you though.

Can you get me a coaching job?
pjdoug Wrote:Can you get me a coaching job?

Yep, they’re always looking for coaches in the youth soccer organization. Lol
Love how this post was started about Wayne and Pulaski and ended up being about Boyle and Corbin.
Cards1947 Wrote:Love how this post was started about Wayne and Pulaski and ended up being about Boyle and Corbin.

I have attention deficit disorder so look over me Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:All valid points. To answer your last question. There wasn’t a 7th grade team better not a D2 team better than the 8th grade. That’s just a fact. Just like there wasn’t a 3A school betternthan boyle co HS last year

That’s absolutely true. Boyle deserved it, and there was no doubting it.
For PC its simple math: No Coach Foley = no champianships of any kind for PC. Also its simple math: pjdoug + Bucwheat = one hell of a time.

Congrats on the middle school titles from one rabid fan to another.

I'm not doing this anymore. You're stealing my Jesus.
What did I just read.