Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredrick Douglas 48 Tates Creek 14
Final
This one was over early. Douglas was up 28-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

Jones completed 15 of 17 passes for 242 yards and four touchdowns for Douglass
Way to go Douglass!
Westside Wrote:This one was over early. Douglas was up 28-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

Jones completed 15 of 17 passes for 242 yards and four touchdowns for Douglass
:Shaking:
Westside Wrote:Final
How good are they? What does Tates Creek have this year?
pjdoug Wrote:How good are they? What does Tates Creek have this year?

Don't believe the hype. All Lexington schools are trash except for FDU.

When they get to the 2-3 round of the playoffs they'll play someone good.
FoSho Wrote:Don't believe the hype. All Lexington schools are trash except for FDU.

What hype? I'm asking how good Tates Creek is. I know they are not a state power. lol
pjdoug Wrote:What hype? I'm asking how good Tates Creek is. I know they are not a state power. lol

Tates Creek is not very good.

Don't believe the hype about FDU.
I'm with FoSho on this one- Don't get me wrong FD has some talent and good coaching, but TC got beat by Henry Clay by 30, and Henry Clay got trampled by Cov Catholic- FD will get so much hype until they play Scott County because there schedule is so weak, so they should be undefeated when they meet them.
FoSho Wrote:Tates Creek is not very good.

Don't believe the hype about FDU.
I hadn't heard any hype. They should be improved with the addition of a few players.
pjdoug Wrote:I hadn't heard any hype. They should be improved with the addition of a few players.

Hadn't heard any hype? You been out of the state or something? Just kidding-lol- The last 2 years that is all you here in Central Ky about how good they are and teams better watch out
Tates Creek was good last year - they were 9-3 and lost to Danville by 3. I didn't know they lost a lot, but maybe they did.
Congrats to Freddie Douglas
Tates Creek will bounce back under their new head coach, Jon Smith. They are probably just going through a transition from last year. They have a good team. He'll turn it around.

Frederick Douglass has a lot of talent on that team.
FoSho Wrote:Don't believe the hype. All Lexington schools are trash except for FDU.

I like Boyle Co and have become a fan of the program even though I have no connection with the area or the team other than my son being friends with a player on the team. Having said this, you make it awfully difficult to root for them with some of your comments. Yes, the Lexington public schools other than Douglas are struggling some (among other things this is due in part to the dilution of numbers and talent FD opening has created) but to call them all trash is just uncalled for and not founded from any actual knowledge. My guess is you have not seen many if any Lexington schools play this year or last. Football in general is cyclical e.g. Boyle and Danville just a couple of years ago were not quite on the level they have risen to now. A couple of examples are not too long ago Lafayette defeated Boyle pretty soundly a couple of times and last year Tates Creek played Danville to within 3 points at Danville on Homecoming night (most that saw the game that weren't from Danville agreed that Tates Creek was the better team but got the game taken from them by bad officiating). Yes, the Lexington public schools cannot seem to consistently stay competitive with the top schools but occasionally they are able to make a run. There are some specific reasons for this that make it difficult that I don't have the time to get into on this forum and there are some specific reasons why FD has been able to achieve such quick success.
Lastly, I'll add that I have seen Boyle play and FD play (I am not a FD fan in any way) and my eye test gives a slight edge to FD in depth and talent but I would be rooting heavily for Boyle and not be surprised at all if they were able beat them on coaching, chemistry, heart and toughness.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Hadn't heard any hype? You been out of the state or something? Just kidding-lol- The last 2 years that is all you here in Central Ky about how good they are and teams better watch out

I've been in Tennessee and Virginia quite a bit Confusednicker:
Frank Martin Wrote:I like Boyle Co and have become a fan of the program even though I have no connection with the area or the team other than my son being friends with a player on the team. Having said this, you make it awfully difficult to root for them with some of your comments. Yes, the Lexington public schools other than Douglas are struggling some (among other things this is due in part to the dilution of numbers and talent FD opening has created) but to call them all trash is just uncalled for and not founded from any actual knowledge. My guess is you have not seen many if any Lexington schools play this year or last. Football in general is cyclical e.g. Boyle and Danville just a couple of years ago were not quite on the level they have risen to now. A couple of examples are not too long ago Lafayette defeated Boyle pretty soundly a couple of times and last year Tates Creek played Danville to within 3 points at Danville on Homecoming night (most that saw the game that weren't from Danville agreed that Tates Creek was the better team but got the game taken from them by bad officiating). Yes, the Lexington public schools cannot seem to consistently stay competitive with the top schools but occasionally they are able to make a run. There are some specific reasons for this that make it difficult that I don't have the time to get into on this forum and there are some specific reasons why FD has been able to achieve such quick success.
Lastly, I'll add that I have seen Boyle play and FD play (I am not a FD fan in any way) and my eye test gives a slight edge to FD in depth and talent but I would be rooting heavily for Boyle and not be surprised at all if they were able beat them on coaching, chemistry, heart and toughness.
Nice post. Are you still coaching basketball at South Carolina?
Yes.....yes I am