Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 34 Pulaski County 25
Final
Way to go Cardinals!
I missed this one in pick em.
pjdoug Wrote:I missed this one in pick em.

Dummy no you didn’t it wasn’t in the pick’em maybe in you’re Predictions :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Dummy no you didn’t it wasn’t in the pick’em maybe in you’re Predictions :lmao:

same thang. I didn't pick em Wayne to win. lol
pjdoug Wrote:same thang. I didn't pick em Wayne to win. lol

Well I picked Wayne 35 Pulaski 21 you didn’t pick period........Chicken :lmao:
Congrats to Wayne County
64SUR Wrote:Well I picked Wayne 35 Pulaski 21 you didn’t pick period........Chicken :lmao:
I usually don't pick against Wayne but I did this time.
So how good is Pulaski?
Hound05 Wrote:So how good is Pulaski?

Not sure. I'd guess pretty good Smile
Pulaski is a perfect example at how 7v7 or that "middle state tourney" mean nothing in high school.

No excuse for the Maroons to be bad.
FoSho Wrote:Pulaski is a perfect example at how 7v7 or that "middle state tourney" mean nothing in high school.

That middle state tourney sent them to 4 championship games and a title at the high school level. Middle school program success translates. Look at Jonson Central, Corbin, Belfry, Wayne County to name a few.

And the Maroons are not bad.
FoSho Wrote:Pulaski is a perfect example at how 7v7 or that "middle state tourney" mean nothing in high school.

I think it can give you a good idea of what you have coming up the pipes for the future. I wouldn’t say it means “nothing”, because those kids worked hard and were state champs, but I agree it has no effect on the High school level who won or who didn’t. Corbins senior group won the middle school title in 8th grade, and I wouldn’t put them as the “favorite” this year in 3A. 7on7 I absolutely agree. It means literally nothing. It’s just another way to get some reps in against some different competition and looks. I like them though, because it is very useful.
Nice win for Wayne County. Congratulations Cardinals.

Bull crap if Boyle Co had won that 8th grade state championship you’d have made life on here unbearable for anyone associated with Corbin and you know it. Constantly making deprecating statements about it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a big deal for most programs and Boyle would be right back up there if they thought they had a chance to win it.

As for Pulaski I think they’re still kind of in rebuild mode I don’t believe they have a very strong Senior class but I still see them wining that region a lot of football yet to be played sometimes early season guffaws just happen.
pjdoug Wrote:I missed this one in pick em.

64SUR Wrote:Dummy no you didn’t it wasn’t in the pick’em maybe in you’re Predictions :lmao:

Dougie, I think you have those smoked butts on your mind instead of football.

Confusednicker:
chs crazy Wrote:Bull crap if Boyle Co had won that 8th grade state championship you’d have made life on here unbearable for anyone associated with Corbin and you know it. Constantly making deprecating statements about it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a big deal for most programs and Boyle would be right back up there if they thought they had a chance to win it.

As for Pulaski I think they’re still kind of in rebuild mode I don’t believe they have a very strong Senior class but I still see them wining that region a lot of football yet to be played sometimes early season guffaws just happen.

They're well behind Southwestern at this point.
Westside Wrote:Dougie, I think you have those smoked butts on your mind instead of football.

Confusednicker:

I have worse things that on my mind.
chs crazy Wrote:Bull crap if Boyle Co had won that 8th grade state championship you’d have made life on here unbearable for anyone associated with Corbin and you know it. Constantly making deprecating statements about it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a big deal for most programs and Boyle would be right back up there if they thought they had a chance to win it.

Did you win the championship in middle school?

This is simply not true.

I have never been an advocate for the tourney and never will.

It's not a REAL State Title. It's not sanctioned by the KHSAA and not every school participates. It's a great accomplishment but NEWSFLASH it's not a state championship.
RED&BLACK Wrote:That middle state tourney sent them to 4 championship games and a title at the high school level. Middle school program success translates. Look at Jonson Central, Corbin, Belfry, Wayne County to name a few.

And the Maroons are not bad.

Boyle Co has 8 state championships and only participated in the "state tournament" one time (last season).

A strong middle school program can impact the high school without question but only if they are preparing the kids for the next level. That tourney has literally ZERO impact on KHSAA state titles in high school.
Nice win Wayne. Pulaski is not a bad team.
FoSho Wrote:This is simply not true.

I have never been an advocate for the tourney and never will.

It's not a REAL State Title. It's not sanctioned by the KHSAA and not every school participates. It's a great accomplishment but NEWSFLASH it's not a state championship.

sanctioned by KHSAA is hilarious Confusednicker::biglmao::hilarious:
pjdoug Wrote:sanctioned by KHSAA is hilarious Confusednicker::biglmao::hilarious:

😊

Meaning....it's not something that some schools are going to participate in unless there is some kind of governing body to organize it properly.

😬

The holdback years are more beneficial in middle school than high.. Pulaski will be fine but something is just off right now.
FoSho Wrote:😊

Meaning....it's not something that some schools are going to participate in unless there is some kind of governing body to organize it properly.

😬
I knew what you meant but KHSAA is a joke. lol
Pulaski is not going to do much without any focus on a running game. They have a couple of nice backs over there that need more touches.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Pulaski is not going to do much without any focus on a running game. They have a couple of nice backs over there that need more touches.

Wayne's front 7 is the real deal. Watching the game they controlled the LOS. TBH they will most of the season.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Wayne's front 7 is the real deal. Watching the game they controlled the LOS. TBH they will most of the season.

How good are they as a team compared to last year's team?
pjdoug Wrote:How good are they as a team compared to last year's team?

We played them last year @ Boyle and won 38-14 and we go there next Friday...I'll give you a full report then.