Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 2018
ironfist13 Wrote:Truth! I had a FD coach PM on here about the things being said... Again no one has said anything that wasn't truth, or played out in the public eye at other places.

A high school coach is sending private messages to people on message boards because they don't !like what people are posting? That's too funny. :lame:
Frank Martin Wrote:It would be a good game. I would love for Boyle to put a running clock on them...or for anyone to put a running clock on them...but I don't think that would be the case. They now have bookend D1 tackles, 2 options at qb (scrambler/playmaker and huge pocket passer), as much speed as anybody and more than most, by far more resources than any other Fayette Co. school and probably most schools in the state not named Trinity. They also seem to be immune to any transfer issues with KHSAA.

I don't care how good their tackles are or about their speed.

It would be a running clock and I am as sure about that as I am the sky being blue.

But we'll never know.
FoSho Wrote:I don't care how good their tackles are or about their speed.

It would be a running clock and I am as sure about that as I am the sky being blue.

But we'll never know.

:blabbermo
FD should have a good year.
FoSho Wrote:I don't care how good their tackles are or about their speed.

But we'll never know.

For the record I am not a FD fan, in fact, as I stated earlier I would be rooting for a running clock on them. That being said, better look outside because the sky is gray today. I think Boyle is really good and has talent but the difference if any, is coaching. Boyle's coaching is exceptional. This FD team is not anything like the one that played Danville last year. It would be a game and it would not surprise me if FD won but my money would be on Boyle by a TD.
Scott County put a running clock on them twice last year FoSho, you are acting like Boyle is the only team around that can expose them and I promise you SC is better than last year. FD does have a solid coaching staff though. Heard through the grapevine that LCA Coach has applied for a couple of jobs and the parents and players, do not think he is committed, but I'm sure that's not the only reason some are leaving be surprised if a couple of former coaches from LCA are not on FD staff this year.
Frank Martin Wrote:For the record I am not a FD fan, in fact, as I stated earlier I would be rooting for a running clock on them. That being said, better look outside because the sky is gray today. I think Boyle is really good and has talent but the difference if any, is coaching. Boyle's coaching is exceptional. This FD team is not anything like the one that played Danville last year. It would be a game and it would not surprise me if FD won but my money would be on Boyle by a TD.

I'm not going to get into specific reasons for me feeling the way I do. I'll just say that Boyle has the better coaching staff and all three aspects of the game (offense/defense/kicking game) favor Boyle. Boyle has enough speed to handle anything FD would try to do on offense and defensively I'm not sure they ever stop the Rebels.

We'll see how the season plays out.

The Ballard game will tell us a lot about what Boyle is capable of, Ballard is loaded with better talent than FD.
Imo- FD coaches and talent are better than Ballard- I seen both play last year, but this is a new year so we will see. For the record Boyle's staff should be better than most on their schedule, average age of their coaches have to be around 55 and yes I'm friends with 3 of them. Boyle bye 21+
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Imo- FD coaches and talent are better than Ballard- I seen both play last year, but this is a new year so we will see. For the record Boyle's staff should be better than most on their schedule, average age of their coaches have to be around 55 and yes I'm friends with 3 of them. Boyle bye 21+

Ballard has a better RB, QB, LBers and they have a DB and WR with UK offers.

FD OL/DL should be better.

Coaching staffs? I have no idea who is better at game prep and x and o's?!?!

But as for Boyles staff being "better than most on their schedule"?!?! Lol, ya think! 😂😂😂
Boyle will running clock FD
On FD summer schedule it says Mini Camp @ Danville... Could someone enlighten me?
I'm guessing that's where they are having a few days of camp this year a lot of teams do it or use to. Kind of useless to do it anymore with the restrictions on practices, good for team bonding though, from reading stuff about FD on here, they might have other motives to go to Danville- lol
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I'm guessing that's where they are having a few days of camp this year a lot of teams do it or use to. Kind of useless to do it anymore with the restrictions on practices, good for team bonding though, from reading stuff about FD on here, they might have other motives to go to Danville- lol

Bring it. 😎

But seriously, why would FD come to "camp" with Danville since they play them this season?!?!

Boyle won't be there. They go away to camp alone and again, we play Danville during the season so would not Camp with them.

Btw Danville is going to be nothing like they were last year.
FoSho Wrote:Bring it. 😎

But seriously, why would FD come to "camp" with Danville since they play them this season?!?!

Boyle won't be there. They go away to camp alone and again, we play Danville during the season so would not Camp with them.

Btw Danville is going to be nothing like they were last year.

FD does not play Danville this year. They play Wayne at Danville.
I like Boyle as much as the next guy but the level if hype with Boyle fans is off the charts even for Boyle fans. Yes, they will be very good but they are not the Patriots and they are beatable. They have great coaching and good talent that has experience (due in part to the fact that several if not most of the rising juniors are would be seniors). Bright future for them.
I Rule The World Wrote:On FD summer schedule it says Mini Camp @ Danville... Could someone enlighten me?

I guess it depends on when it is...? pretty sure this could be the old "behind the gates" at 4H camp days.:eyeroll:
Frank Martin Wrote:.

FD does not play Danville this year. They play Wayne at Danville.
I like Boyle as much as the next guy but the level if hype with Boyle fans is off the charts even for Boyle fans. Yes, they will be very good but they are not the Patriots and they are beatable. They have great coaching and good talent that has experience (due in part to the fact that several if not most of the rising juniors are would be seniors). Bright future for them.

"Good talent"....lol. 😂

I'm one Boyle fan and I said we'd put a running clock on FD...on a message board. Sue me.

I'll let the outcome of the next two seasons speak for themselves.
[quote=FoSho]"Good talent"....lol. 😂

I'm one Boyle fan and I said we'd put a running clock on FD...on a message board. Sue me.

I'll let the outcome of the next two seasons speak for themselves.[/

Don't be so sensitive. Yes, good talent, is that a bad thing? I thought good talent was a positive statement. They have some kids with D1 talent and a lot of kids who can really play high school football. Not a thing wrong with that. Collectively they are special. Like I said, bright future.
Frank Martin Wrote:[quote=FoSho]"Good talent"....lol. 😂

I'll let the outcome of the next two seasons speak for themselves.[/

Don't be so sensitive. Yes, good talent, is that a bad thing? I thought good talent was a positive statement. They have some kids with D1 talent and a lot of kids who can really play high school football. Not a thing wrong with that. Collectively they are special. Like I said, bright future.

Good?

Great?

Time will tell I guess.
Anyone else hear that 3 of FD transfers got ruled ineligible? If true I bet that gets overturned before the first game sort of happened last year. If I'm wrong sorry, just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Anyone else hear that 3 of FD transfers got ruled ineligible? If true I bet that gets overturned before the first game sort of happened last year. If I'm wrong sorry, just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this

Heard the same. It was the three kids that came from LCA.
[quote=Fear the Nation]Heard the same. It was the three kids that came from LCA.[/QUOTE

The way I see it the only way they can get around this is to claim financial hardship. There is no other "box" they can check. Even if they are in the right district, I believe because it's private to public they would still have to sit out a year. All that being said, I am probably wrong and they will find some way to get them eligible by the season. Also, until they are ruled eligible I don't think they can practice or participate in any team functions....but again, I am sure they will find a way around this to.
Frank Martin Wrote:[quote=Fear the Nation]Heard the same. It was the three kids that came from LCA.[/QUOTE

The way I see it the only way they can get around this is to claim financial hardship. There is no other "box" they can check. Even if they are in the right district, I believe because it's private to public they would still have to sit out a year. All that being said, I am probably wrong and they will find some way to get them eligible by the season. Also, until they are ruled eligible I don't think they can practice or participate in any team functions....but again, I am sure they will find a way around this to.

KHSAA has been spineless and powerless. More schools should just drop the pretense and play by the same rules and fight fire with fire.
Besides Parks, who are the other 2 transfers from LCA to FD???
I’d say they are all eligible as they are transferring from private to public I don’t see how they wouldn’t be no matter the circumstances.
Football_Maniac Wrote:I’d say they are all eligible as they are transferring from private to public I don’t see how they wouldn’t be no matter the circumstances.

Because that's not the rules per KHSAA and I believe Fayette County has their own rule requiring them to sit out a year. The only way I see they can get around it is financial hardship.
throw deep Wrote:Besides Parks, who are the other 2 transfers from LCA to FD???

Don't know, I read it was the LCA transfers but they didn't mention names. But that falls into the heard catagory. I can't substantiate the info.
Maybe it was the amount of kids that transferred to the school that caught their attention. Or maybe it was the ppl on staff, or maybe it was the recruiting visits with jerseys to kids houses... who knows.
Looks like all 4 kids that "transferred" from LCA are now eligible per KHSAA. Wow. Just, wow. Whatever...
^You're surprised???
TheRingsTheThing Wrote:Looks like all 4 kids that "transferred" from LCA are now eligible per KHSAA. Wow. Just, wow. Whatever...

I mean jt and gm are boys so...