Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyatt Battaile of Pikeville commits to UoL
Did Wyatt Baittle change his mind about Morehead and know headed to U of L?
Yes
Went from getting some PT to being s full time practice player. The kid is a heck of a player, just doesnt meet the eye test for a U of L type player.
Shouldn't have to travel any further than the Pikeville Gym to find out what is in his future at UofL.
Was he to be a scholarship player at Morehead? Says he is a preferred walk-on at U of L.
I believe he was a walk on at Morehead and he will be a walk on at Louisville.
^ ok, that clears that up then. thanks
The rate UofL lost players this summer and the skeleton crew of players returning, Wyatt may get some serious minutes.

Even though I despise the Dirty Birds, I hope Wyatt kills it in the ACC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congratulations Wyatt Battaile :Cheerlead
This one just doesn’t make sense from an outsider looking in. But all it needs to do is make sense to him and his family.

Good luck to the young man!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Went from getting some PT to being s full time practice player. The kid is a heck of a player, just doesnt meet the eye test for a U of L type player.
Jeff Hall from Ashland Fairview? Wyatt has a lot of upside.
Preferred walk on at UL. One year, chance for scholly his second year. No believe it was the same at Morehead too. Same as Elisha did. Can anyone really argue with him? Chance to play on TV, etc. not knocking Morehead, but when you compare the two opportunities, it was a smart choice. How many of you all basically saying this makes no sense, yet will get on a football forum and say "can't blame a kid for picking Alabama over Kentucky. Look at the programs". Be happy for he and his family instead of pretending you know better than him.
t4p3r8 Wrote:Shouldn't have to travel any further than the Pikeville Gym to find out what is in his future at UofL.
What exactly does that mean? You referring to the fact Elisha transferred to University of Pikeville and is now coaching high school? Wyatt has the potential. Needs to add strength and muscle to his frame to handle major D1 banging, but he has something Elisha didn't have. Height. Can't coach height, either have it or don't. As good as Elisha was, he was still a 5'11 PG going up against 6'2 and taller for most programs, and many even are 6'6, etc.
I wish Wyatt all the best....whether it is at Morehead, Louisville etc. Very few people understand what a D1 athlete truly is.....The time, the commitment, the effort and the level of competition on a daily basis. I would love to see one of our "mountain" boys have a "successful" four year career.....Having said that.....When was the last time that it happened? Once again....I wish Wyatt the best..Time will tell. Good Luck young man!
Starbucks Wrote:I wish Wyatt all the best....whether it is at Morehead, Louisville etc. Very few people understand what a D1 athlete truly is.....The time, the commitment, the effort and the level of competition on a daily basis. I would love to see one of our "mountain" boys have a "successful" four year career.....Having said that.....When was the last time that it happened? Once again....I wish Wyatt the best..Time will tell. Good Luck young man!
Go look up Justin Johnson, JR Vanhoose, John Pelphry, the young man at NC State that's from Knott County, etc. All played D1, all had good careers. I don't know what you define as successful, but for me, it's getting a degree. Playing time is SO competitive, since you can only have 5 at a time on the court, so I don't focus solely on that or points scored. If they go contribute, get their degrees, and become productive members of society, that's a successful career to me. I'm positive I've missed some. I didn't include some who started off D1 but transferred ( Todd May, Elisha, etc) because that was the point. But I DO include them in that group as well.
PHSForever Wrote:Go look up Justin Johnson, JR Vanhoose, John Pelphry, the young man at NC State that's from Knott County, etc. All played D1, all had good careers. I don't know what you define as successful, but for me, it's getting a degree. Playing time is SO competitive, since you can only have 5 at a time on the court, so I don't focus solely on that or points scored. If they go contribute, get their degrees, and become productive members of society, that's a successful career to me. I'm positive I've missed some. I didn't include some who started off D1 but transferred ( Todd May, Elisha, etc) because that was the point. But I DO include them in that group as well.

Braxton Beverly from Perry County.
I've seen a lot of people questioning this decision. Me? I'm just happy this young man is doing something with his talent.

Make us proud!
^ If he was a walk on at Morehead and is now a walk on at the U of L, I wouldn't question that for a moment. Great decision and I hope he does great there!
After watching him play the last few years I gotta say I think committing to Louisville is a good move. Wyatt has never really been challenged in eastern KY, just practicing with that kind of talent is gonna develop his game. Also Louisville is rebuilding, its a perfect time to play there. Smart move.
I look forward to watching him progress as a Cardinal.
what the hell is wrong with yall? why would you discourage this kid? unbelievable.
This kid is getting the chance to play at a college most ppl dream of playing at. Why hate on this kid for playing there?
Good Luck to Wyatt! Wish him nothing but the best!