• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Mason County
Biggs resigns as Mason County boys’ basketball coach

https://maysville-online.com/sports/1498...ball-coach
Explorer Wrote:Biggs resigns as Mason County boys’ basketball coach

https://maysville-online.com/sports/1498...ball-coach

Any word on the possible replacement?
I have no information on this one.

I think its a great job, with an amazing gym, and solid history.

That should attract a ton of applicants.
Rumor Has It.... That a top coach out of the 13th region has been contacted. This could get interesting.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It.... That a top coach out of the 13th region has been contacted. This could get interesting.

I'll never understand post like these.

Say the name or don't say anything.
Explorer Wrote:I'll never understand post like these.

Say the name or don't say anything.

I am going to guess Jeff Davis.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:I am going to guess Jeff Davis.

Rumor Has It... Close, but wrong Coach.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It... Close, but wrong Coach.

Bell Co Coach on the move again? Only Top Coach that could/would leave!
CoachWMills Wrote:Bell Co Coach on the move again? Only Top Coach that could/would leave!

Rumor Has It... This Coach is a proven winner year in and year out. Has won the district and region.
Best coach in the 13th is Coach P from Corbin. Hands down.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Best coach in the 13th is Coach P from Corbin. Hands down.

Rumor Has It.... Agree to Disagree.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It... This Coach is a proven winner year in and year out. Has won the district and region.

So not Davis. That leaves:

Tony P
JD Strange (I think he has won a region?)
Mike Jones
Lewis Morris
Frankie Smith
Brad Sizemore
Has Dinky ever won a region?

Am I forgetting anybody?
Frankie Smith reminds me of Larry Brown in the sense of moving around often, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the conversation there.
ArJay Wrote:So not Davis. That leaves:

Tony P
JD Strange (I think he has won a region?)
Mike Jones
Lewis Morris
Frankie Smith
Brad Sizemore
Has Dinky ever won a region?

Am I forgetting anybody?

Rumor Has It... The correct name is on the list.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It... The correct name is on the list.

Frankie or Sizemore is my guess. Couldn't go wrong with anyone on this list.
Maybe they should go with a Mason County alum. Jason Thompson is coaching across the river at Felicity and understands the dynamic of Mason County, but would he be interested in leaving his situation?
I'm guessing Dinky.
ratherbefishin Wrote:I'm guessing Dinky.

Rumor Has It.... Good guess but wrong, you want to go further North
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It.... Good guess but wrong, you want to go further North

Mason would Love to have Feldhaus but that is not going to happen.
CoachWMills Wrote:Mason would Love to have Feldhaus but that is not going to happen.

Rumor Has It... Too Far North, You don't get off the Hal Rogers parkway, and as you drive-by make sure you play "Welcome to the Jungle."
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It.... Agree to Disagree.
How many years did it take Coach P to get the redhounds back to state?
North Laurel I am assuming by your hints.
I don't think that the person who ends up being hired has been mentioned here. Don't know exactly who that will be, but just have a very hard time seeing the names mentioned above.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:I don't think that the person who ends up being hired has been mentioned here. Don't know exactly who that will be, but just have a very hard time seeing the names mentioned above.

Rumor Has It...Not so fast my friend. One of those names, that you have a hard time seeing, has applied and is the front runner.
What is the time table to announce a coach?
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It...Not so fast my friend. One of those names, that you have a hard time seeing, has applied and is the front runner.

Best of luck to them then.

I would think that it might be an uphill battle, as Mason County seems to be one of those jobs that values hiring someone with ties to their program and/or to the Northern Kentucky area in general (particularly the 10th or 16th).

Not sure that there's an obvious connection with anyone in the 13th, but I may be missing something.
Would the 13th region coach be a former 13th region coach with Northern Kentucky ties? Maybe a Steve Wright?
Wolverine Wrote:Would the 13th region coach be a former 13th region coach with Northern Kentucky ties? Maybe a Steve Wright?

Rumor Has It... If by playing for and coaching under Steve Wright, then yes it is Steve Wright.
Anything new on this job?
Rumor Has It.... Brad Sizemore from North Laurel has an interview today. Mason Co. looking to make a big time splash with this hire!