•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
I’m really not sure he’s done this at Perry and Boyd co now Ironton , just really odd
Sounds to me like someone trying to show that they are being sought after to their current administration.
Sources saying Grizzle has been offered the Ironton position.
I hope Grizzle turns it down. That is not the Ironton that we used to know. It is a sinking ship.
I heard he turned it down.
A year removed from 7-3
Has Greenup been 7-3 since 1975?
I agree 100%!

:fedup:

“Disclaimer”
My true views and comments can be given but you have to PM me because I’m being suppressed on this site.
It’s a good move for him.I hear Ironton is about to step down another class.I think he will do a great job there!! Then when Mike gets tired at Raceland Grizzle will come home! Once a Ram always a Ram!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It’s a good move for him.I hear Ironton is about to step down another class.I think he will do a great job there!! Then when Mike gets tired at Raceland Grizzle will come home! Once a Ram always a Ram!!

I agree 100%!

“Disclaimer”
My true views and comments can be given but you have to PM me because I’m being suppressed on this site.
But from a teaching standpoint isn’t this a bad move when it comes to his retirement??
i don't know....Ohio teachers aren't staging walkouts. must be better over there
I agree 100%!

“Disclaimer”
I will tell u all what i told scott. I cant see Ironton being a good move with the way things are going over there right now. Its a step up in name only and with the new alignment, Scott has all the chances in the world to build up his reputation as a coach and improve his value even morenthan he already has.
What bigger job will be open in two years?
Ironton is still a big job. Athletes galore over there. They had zero coaches is what the problem was. Watched several games last year. They had more talent than any kentucky team i watched.
I can agree that it will only take the right coach to get them rolling again!! Nothing like the past but they will be good again soon.... especially if they drop another class.This will be a great move for Scott!
Grizzle turned it down
Yep. They will always have more talent year to year than gc
I would say it was tuff on him...but as far as I know the retirement had to play a part in this.He has to start over when he goes to another state..could be wrong and I would for a teacher to chime in here and set me straight
I would say only two years in retirement had little say in the decision.
He teaches at Raceland for 3 years before Greenup. Maybe more retirement not sure how that works. Good day for Greenup County
I wonder if the teaching situation has anything to do with what’s going on? This is the second candidate to back out.I heard Vass is still teaching and so are all the other assistant coaches.Maybe they aren’t offering a teaching spot?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I wonder if the teaching situation has anything to do with what’s going on? This is the second candidate to back out.I heard Vass is still teaching and so are all the other assistant coaches.Maybe they aren’t offering a teaching spot?

They created a teaching position similar to an alternative school teaching position I think. Vass is their PE teacher so even if Vass left his teaching position, they could not have offered it to Scott.
I’m sure it was a tough decision to make but he really cares about his players and he knows exactly what he has at Greenup player, parent, booster, etc. if you read the 35 pages from the Ironton message boards wow...I think they eat their young over there. We jaw back and forth with the rams and devils but man the Ironton people can’t stand their own.
It’s going to be a mess for Ironton for quite a while. Good luck to whatever coach takes that on.
Friday Night Wrote:They created a teaching position similar to an alternative school teaching position I think. Vass is their PE teacher so even if Vass left his teaching position, they could not have offered it to Scott.
I’m sure it was a tough decision to make but he really cares about his players and he knows exactly what he has at Greenup player, parent, booster, etc. if you read the 35 pages from the Ironton message boards wow...I think they eat their young over there. We jaw back and forth with the rams and devils but man the Ironton people can’t stand their own.
It’s going to be a mess for Ironton for quite a while. Good luck to whatever coach takes that on.

Ironton message boards?
thecoacher Wrote:Ironton message boards?

Southeast Ohio preps.
Heard today that Greenup will be scrimmaging Mason County on August 4th.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Heard today that Greenup will be scrimmaging Mason County on August 4th.

Schedule says Aug 6th
Greenup vs Mason Scrimmage will be on Saturday August 4th, 10:00am @ GCHS.

August 6th was tentative due to at the time of scheduling the state had not released official information on teams having the second scrimmage. Once KHSAA made it official, the scrimmage was worked out between both schools to be played on Saturday August 4th.
Fred Sanford Wrote:A year removed from 7-3
Has Greenup been 7-3 since 1975?

When was the last time Greenup beat Russell two years in a row? I don’t see any way the Devils go to Greenup and win this year. Grizzle’s scheme will work anywhere he coaches at. Grizzle has an for execution very similar to vanderhoof, Lutz, and McGlone. Scott doesn’t need a lot of talent because he understands how to put kids in good positions to achieve great, but watch out if he ever does get some real talent in Lloyd.
He has real talent in lloyd this year.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next