Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevon Faulkner named 2018 Mr. Basketball
Congratulations to Mr. Faulkner of Mercer County High School.

Seygan Robins of Mercer County was also named Miss Basketball, marking the first time in the history of the award(s) that both Mr. and Miss Basketball came from the same school.
http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...01999.html

Lexington Herald Leader (link above) stated that this was only the third time that the winners came from the same region, which I thought was rather surprising.
Congrats to Trevon.
Congrats to Trevon. Seems like a great kid.
Congrats to Faulkner, headed to Northern Kentucky University!
Andrew Taylor is better. What a joke.
Leader Wrote:Andrew Taylor is better. What a joke.

You really should stop drinking Leader...your last few posts have been off the chain....
Willie Turnover Wrote:Congrats to Trevon. Seems like a great kid.

Absolutely true....cant understand why UK and UL didnt show interest in Trevon, Fitz, and Taylor???? All 3 can flat out ball!
Taylor is mid level player..Trevon is high level player in college
Bobcat4years Wrote:Taylor is mid level player..Trevon is high level player in college

Both will struggle at the next level. Taylor probably more because he isn't a very good outside shooter and if he drives it will get smacked down his throat
Superfly Wrote:Both will struggle at the next level. Taylor probably more because he isn't a very good outside shooter and if he drives it will get smacked down his throat

It’s a shame they didn’t have you as a scout for Furman. Guess you have a knack for college scouting and recruiting. Enlighten us more!
Superfly Wrote:Both will struggle at the next level. Taylor probably more because he isn't a very good outside shooter and if he drives it will get smacked down his throat

LOL!! That is a ridiculous statement. Obviously u are a Knox fan( player ? ). Havent seen Taylor a lot but he is a baller, as for Trevon he will be a pro, not saying NBA, but he will be paid to play in. 4 yrs or less,.... You could insert him today in any NCAA tourney lineup and he could play, if u think he struggles in college i just dont see that happening
Gunslinger Wrote:Absolutely true....cant understand why UK and UL didnt show interest in Trevon, Fitz, and Taylor???? All 3 can flat out ball!

Gunslinger Wrote:LOL!! That is a ridiculous statement. Obviously u are a Knox fan( player ? ). Havent seen Taylor a lot but he is a baller, as for Trevon he will be a pro, not saying NBA, but he will be paid to play in. 4 yrs or less,.... You could insert him today in any NCAA tourney lineup and he could play, if u think he struggles in college i just dont see that happening

If we're going to call others out, then I see one statement that we can start with. No disrespect to any of the young men, but to the first comment's mention of interest from Kentucky and Louisville... no. Just no. Unless I'm mistaken, there wasn't a Power 5 conference offer for any of the three.

Good high school players? Check.

Getting a free education to play in college? Check.

Let's not go overboard though.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:If we're going to call others out, then I see one statement that we can start with. No disrespect to any of the young men, but to the first comment's mention of interest from Kentucky and Louisville... no. Just no. Unless I'm mistaken, there wasn't a Power 5 conference offer for any of the three.

Good high school players? Check.

Getting a free education to play in college? Check.

Let's not go overboard though.

Ok i respect your opinion. What would Trevon need to
Improve on to be that caliber? I see him as jet fast with the ball , tough physically, legit 6-4 ..190 lbs ,long arms , plsys as hard as humanly possible, excellent passer, above avg ballhandler, eccellent range and lift ,solid rebounder, 80 % FT , 53% FG, 34% 3 PT, 27 ppg , 9 rebs, 6-7 assistis(?) 3 steals (?). Dunks in traffic easily, 360's in warm ups. Defensive stud...great kid and teammate. VERY unselfish to a fault sometimes. This is my take only ....JMO ... I think he is the best in Ky....in your opinion what s missing? Thanks id really like to know others opinions that hsve seen him plsy 6 times or more not just once or twice
Gunslinger Wrote:Ok i respect your opinion. What would Trevon need to
Improve on to be that caliber? I see him as jet fast with the ball , tough physically, legit 6-4 ..190 lbs ,long arms , plsys as hard as humanly possible, excellent passer, above avg ballhandler, eccellent range and lift ,solid rebounder, 80 % FT , 53% FG, 34% 3 PT, 27 ppg , 9 rebs, 6-7 assistis(?) 3 steals (?). Dunks in traffic easily, 360's in warm ups. Defensive stud...great kid and teammate. VERY unselfish to a fault sometimes. This is my take only ....JMO ... I think he is the best in Ky....in your opinion what s missing? Thanks id really like to know others opinions that hsve seen him plsy 6 times or more not just once or twice

Same here. I respect your opinion as well. I just don't know if Faulkner has the combination of elite, elite size, athleticism, and scoring ability that UK is usually looking for in a recruit.

In whole, there are probably only 40 or so kids in each class that has that, so it's not really a knock on him.

I think that, as time goes on, NKU will only continue to grow and achieve more success.
A very deserving player of the award.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:It’s a shame they didn’t have you as a scout for Furman. Guess you have a knack for college scouting and recruiting. Enlighten us more!
Watch and see Coach. You will eat your words. I guarantee I know more basketball than you do. I bet you never played but like to talk smack like an knuckle head from Corbin.
Gunslinger Wrote:LOL!! That is a ridiculous statement. Obviously u are a Knox fan( player ? ). Havent seen Taylor a lot but he is a baller, as for Trevon he will be a pro, not saying NBA, but he will be paid to play in. 4 yrs or less,.... You could insert him today in any NCAA tourney lineup and he could play, if u think he struggles in college i just dont see that happening
Just wait and see what happens.
I may be a recruiter, I may be a coach. You never know
I agree with superfly. Neither Taylor nor Faulkner will be successful at the D1 level. They both are excellent HS players but not going to as good in college.
Grannyshot Wrote:I agree with superfly. Neither Taylor nor Faulkner will be successful at the D1 level. They both are excellent HS players but not going to as good in college.

Grannyshot is a genius
I have been called many things and now genius is one .. ha
Superfly Wrote:Just wait and see what happens.

So what NAIA school will Turner be playing at?
Grannyshot Wrote:I agree with superfly. Neither Taylor nor Faulkner will be successful at the D1 level. They both are excellent HS players but not going to as good in college.

So which NAIA school will Turner be playing for?

Why do you think Furman and NKU recruited them instead of the other players they could have?
Doesn’t matter if it’s low division 1 or NAIA hopefully the kids get a degree with the scholarships that they were offered.
congrats
have any of you people ever been to a national tournament where the best of the best high school players are playing? Faulkner is well deserving and Taylor is good but these other players are on a different level. Look at Cameron justice a few years ago. Everybody thought he was great but he couldn't play at Vanderbilt hardly and he was a hell of a shooter in high school. These high d1 players are freaks of nature
hitter Wrote:have any of you people ever been to a national tournament where the best of the best high school players are playing? Faulkner is well deserving and Taylor is good but these other players are on a different level. Look at Cameron justice a few years ago. Everybody thought he was great but he couldn't play at Vanderbilt hardly and he was a hell of a shooter in high school. These high d1 players are freaks of nature

I don't think anyone is trying to say that these players are and should be high d1 players. But the kids aren't going to high d1 programs. I'm just curious as why Furman and NKU would recruit these kids if they're bound to fail anyways. I think both boys will be fine and have success at their respective programs.
hitter Wrote:have any of you people ever been to a national tournament where the best of the best high school players are playing? Faulkner is well deserving and Taylor is good but these other players are on a different level. Look at Cameron justice a few years ago. Everybody thought he was great but he couldn't play at Vanderbilt hardly and he was a hell of a shooter in high school. These high d1 players are freaks of nature

So Quade Green is a "freak of nature" ?? I certainly dont think so. Hami Diallo ...yes....but not a very good offensive player, inconsistent and cant shoot, freaks of nature on ALL D1 teams but not every player is a freak of nature, BUT there are LOTS of great players that arent