Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (2018 Sweet 16 Championship)
Cov. Cath. wins the 2018 Sweet 16 in dominating fashion. They end their season with a record of 35-4.

1st Round vs. Apollo 71-47
Quarterfinals vs. Fern Creek 66-58
Semi-finals vs. Oldham County 67-28
Championship vs. Scott County 73-55
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
2nd state title in 5 years for Covington Catholic
No doubt who the better team is
How many of Cov Cath players sre from Ohio ?
Well, I was hoping the public school would win, but they ran into a better team. Congrats to Cov Cath.
Gunslinger Wrote:How many of Cov Cath players sre from Ohio ?

Geezz!!!!! what does it matter south Laurel beat this same Covington Catholic last year 62-56 Covington Catholic is now the state champs of Kentucky 2018 :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Geezz!!!!! what does it matter south Laurel beat this same Covington Catholic last year 62-56 Covington Catholic is now the state champs of Kentucky 2018 :Cheerlead

Just a simple question, i personally wish that any player who does not reside in the state of Ky not be eligible ....JMO....large private schools already have an advantage as far as "recruiting" goes...no opinion there, that is a fact!
Congrats to Cov Cath
64SUR Wrote:Geezz!!!!! what does it matter south Laurel beat this same Covington Catholic last year 62-56 Covington Catholic is now the state champs of Kentucky 2018 :Cheerlead

Didn’t Cov Cath have a key player out for that one? Maybe two guys out?
A friendly reminder..... References to any 'other' discussion forums will result in those posts being deleted.

What is said or posted outside of BluegrassRivals.com is out of our control.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A friendly reminder..... References to any 'other' discussion forums will result in those posts being deleted.

Really
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A friendly reminder..... References to any 'other' discussion forums will result in those posts being deleted.

Ok no problem. I didnt know that rule. Ill rephrase it
Rumor at State Tourney was that Zion Harmon might be at CovCath soon....anybody else confirm or deny?
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Didn’t Cov Cath have a key player out for that one? Maybe two guys out?
no they all played
Gunslinger Wrote:How many of Cov Cath players sre from Ohio ?
How many transfers has Scott County had over the last 20 years?? The Best team won
diablo stewart was a scott co transfer this year
Cov Cath probably has 0 kids from Ohio on the roster. Some of the best private schools in this part of the country reside right across the river in Cincinnati. Why come to Covington at all?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Cov Cath probably has 0 kids from Ohio on the roster. Some of the best private schools in this part of the country reside right across the river in Cincinnati. Why come to Covington at all?

Their #1 Lives in Cincy....i agree with the rest of your post....i agsin will say that IMO ....Ky kids should win KHSAA state championships, not Ohio kids.... Personally i dont care for Scott Co or CovCath.....not trying to troll just was initially a simple question. HS basketball is NOT life, just a pasttime for me.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:How many transfers has Scott County had over the last 20 years?? The Best team won

Didnt say they werent the best team, just asked a SIMPLE question for someone in the know. If there is nothing wrong with the transfer then why so defensive? I couldnt care less who won or lost. Yes Scott Co has had many transfers.
ky playmaker Wrote:diablo stewart was a scott co transfer this year

From where ?
Gunslinger Wrote:From where ?
Franklin County
Congrats to Jeff Ruby. Better luck next year Toyota.
Way to go Colonels!
Scott County has had only 7 transfers in 25 years on the basketball team, there is not a lot of teams in Kentucky period that can say that.

Bet that is a shock to most- The transfers and the High School are just so high profiled people like to use that excuse a lot, plus they like to throw in Toyota, which is totally un-true

If someone can name more than 7 have at it, If I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Scott County has had only 7 transfers in 25 years on the basketball team, there is not a lot of teams in Kentucky period that can say that.

Bet that is a shock to most- The transfers and the High School are just so high profiled people like to use that excuse a lot, plus they like to throw in Toyota, which is totally un-true

If someone can name more than 7 have at it, If I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong

Not trying to bash Scott County or anything, but I counted around 15 off the top of my head (but I am a bit of an 11th Region savant too).

Some were kids who attended many different schools, and when you have the success that Scott County has had, kids want to come play for you, so I hope that this isn't taken as anything but something who has lots of respect for Billy Hicks.

As for the 11th, Lexington Catholic probably has just as many from Lafayette and Bryan Station alone.

Henry Clay hasn't had a ton of transfers lately, but in the early 2000's, had Dunaway, Hardin, and another big time player from Frankfort whose name escapes me right now.

In all honesty, probably just as many at most of your other top 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, or 11th Region schools for a similar period. Probably could say the same for the 13th through the 16th.

It's just the landscape of the game today.
No way there are 15, I'm kind of new on this board, so if you can private msg me with the names please do, I was actually wrong, there have been 8 and I can name everyone of them- just seems like more because they are so high profiled
I know this is a basketball forum, but I'm more of a football fan Scott County Football team hasn't had a high impact transfer on the football team in the last 15years and have won at least 10 games for the last 10 years- The reason I say this is because I truly don't think the coaches at Scott County get enough credit and they win with mostly with home grown talent- sure the school is big and you have more to choose from which is a big advantage but I can name about 15 schools in Ky that have close to 2000 students, that are horrible in sports, another thing most of Scott County is still rural so there are not a lot of athletes walking the halls, like people think- Side note about SC sports- people think since Toyota is in Georgetown/Scott County there is all this money that helps out with facilities- SC only owns its gym, track and practice field, everything else they have to pay a fee to rent other places
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:No way there are 15, I'm kind of new on this board, so if you can private msg me with the names please do, I was actually wrong, there have been 8 and I can name everyone of them- just seems like more because they are so high profiled

At least 15.

1. Rick Jones (Corbin)
2. Scott Hundley (Dunbar)
3. Rodney Haddix (Lexington Catholic)
4. Ge'lawn Guyn (Henry Clay)
5. Tanner Shotwell (LCA)
6. Christen Cunningham (Sayre?/Henry Clay)
7. Austin Flannery (Boone County)
8. Chad Jackson (Rose Hill)
9. Dakotah Euton (Rose Hill)
10. Isaiah Ivey (Frankfort)
11. Trent Gilbert (Wolfe County)
12. Raekwon Long (North Carolina)
13. Teddy Ware (Henry Clay)
14. DJ Jenkins (Harrison County)
15. Diablo Stewart (Franklin County)

Don't know exactly what criteria you are using, but for kids like Trent Gilbert, he played on the varsity team at Wolfe County High School, though as a middle schooler, so I'd count him. For kids like Haddix or Shotwell, they may have originally been from Scott County (I honestly don't know), but part of Haddix losing his eligibility as a Senior was tied to his days at Lexington Catholic and I think Shotwell also had to sit after transferring from LCA. Not 100% sure on exactly when Ivey came, but can say that he was probably being counted on to be in one of the Franklin County schools as late as middle school (unsure if he played any varsity or exactly when he came). Regardless, there are still more than 7-10 however you slice it.
I was totally wrong there have been 11 in 25 years forgot Long, Ivey, Gilbert: Cunningham,Haddix born and raised never moved- Jenkins? He maybe played 1-2 games. Kind of confused on Shotwell I almost sure he played MS ball in SCMS- You do no your stuff JokerWild- that's what I like about you and Rojas you guys do your research before posting stuff- half the people that post do not have a clue what they are talking about
Not to be confused- A transfer to me is if they moved schools after their 9th grade year- So In my eyes Ivey wouldn't be a transfer, Cunningham played 8th at Sayre and 9th at Scott County, but he never moved from the county, so he could go either way- Kind of high jacked the topic- but congrats again to Cov. Catholic- I think if they played 10 times Cov. Catch would win 7