Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Cheerleading Squad in 15th Region
I think to make KAPOS more fair that no squad should declare what division they are entering untlil they arrive to compete.  That way everyone will compete where they feel more comfortable and not be worrying about who they are going against. 
It would be best if you submit your division early WITHOUT any changes and not know who else is in your division. Of course thats never going to happen though because people talk, especially us girls and everyone will find out one way or another.
I've never understood why/how squads choose their own division. 

Why doesn't KAPOS decide which division squads compete in based on enrollment or co-ed,etc??
That may be a good idea.  But what happens if you are school with a large enrollment but nobody comes out for cheerleading, then I guess it wouldn't be fair to not let them compete because 20 girls didn't come out,  But when you think of all the other sports they have to have a certain number to play and are put in divisions based on that.  I don't know the answer, I guess the answer is life just isn't fair sometimes.
[quote author=luvcheer link=topic=20373.msg212899#msg212899 date=1142620332]
That may be a good idea. But what happens if you are school with a large enrollment but nobody comes out for cheerleading, then I guess it wouldn't be fair to not let them compete because 20 girls didn't come out, But when you think of all the other sports they have to have a certain number to play and are put in divisions based on that. I don't know the answer, I guess the answer is life just isn't fair sometimes.
[/quote]
I'm not a cheerleading expert by any means...I just thought someone in authority should decide which division schools should compete.

Why not have divisions which are set by the state, with limited number of cheerleaders based on this...seems more fair to everyone involved.
Magoffin
i think from the state results we can all know that Pikeville is the best and represent their region well where ever they go
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=20373.msg211059#msg211059 date=1142347621]
Yeah Belfry and Johnson Central both have good cheerleading programs! But I still say that South Floyd is still pretty awesome considering how young they are. Most of them are sophomores and freshmen. So I expect good things from them the next two years. Its so hard to rank the squads though because there isn't a competition where ALL the teams compete against each other in the same division. Kapos is divided up into Small, Medium, Large, Traditional, etc. And during District Championship its just those schools in that district. And we all know that district is a little off sometimes... And then there is the fact that some teams are better at game cheering, than competitions. For example, IMO Pikeville is the best at competitions like Kapos and such, but they practice for this all year. But they're not the best at games. Its impossible to rank all these awesome squads!

[move]Go Valley![/move]
[/quote]

okay south floyd it doesnt matter if you thank your awesome because you won an in game cheering award once
saying pikeville isnt good at cheering games is just jealousy they work hard and are awesome at everything they do you dont even compare to them no one in this region does so why do they act like it
im just saying pikeville has been at the top at kapos state and at uca nationals so the best compare with them
just because you won something doesnt mean you have to be ignorant about it a lot of squads win more than that and dont go on and on like you do
i think we can infer pikeville is the best
and as for being young pikevilles jrhigh/jv is young and stays at the top at nationals and actually won in 2003 and stays at the top at state so theres no excuse for being young
What division was Magoffin in at State?
magoffin county was in the large division
Quote:
I'm not a cheerleading expert by any means...I just thought someone in authority should decide which division schools should compete.

Why not have divisions which are set by the state, with limited number of cheerleaders based on this...seems more fair to everyone involved.

Quote:

Cant do it.  Since cheerleading isnt considered a sanctioned sport by the KHSAA they cant enforce those kinds of rules. 

They wouldnt do it anyway.  They dont force dance teams to compete like that, swim teams can pick whatever event they want to compete in, track members can run whatever event they want, and other sports where there are multiple divisions or events. 

If they did make it so a certain school had to compete in a certain division, they would have to say "well this school has to go traditional, and this school has to go 2 1/2 min."  Also, it IS a matter of participation.  Some smaller schools might have a large interest in cheerleading while larger schools dont have as much interest if any at all.
[quote author=cheer_leader link=topic=20373.msg213864#msg213864 date=1142799088]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=20373.msg211059#msg211059 date=1142347621]
Yeah Belfry and Johnson Central both have good cheerleading programs! But I still say that South Floyd is still pretty awesome considering how young they are. Most of them are sophomores and freshmen. So I expect good things from them the next two years. Its so hard to rank the squads though because there isn't a competition where ALL the teams compete against each other in the same division. Kapos is divided up into Small, Medium, Large, Traditional, etc. And during District Championship its just those schools in that district. And we all know that district is a little off sometimes... And then there is the fact that some teams are better at game cheering, than competitions. For example, IMO Pikeville is the best at competitions like Kapos and such, but they practice for this all year. But they're not the best at games. Its impossible to rank all these awesome squads!

[move]Go Valley![/move]
[/quote]

okay south floyd it doesnt matter if you thank your awesome because you won an in game cheering award once
saying pikeville isnt good at cheering games is just jealousy they work hard and are awesome at everything they do you dont even compare to them no one in this region does so why do they act like it
im just saying pikeville has been at the top at kapos state and at uca nationals so the best compare with them
just because you won something doesnt mean you have to be ignorant about it a lot of squads win more than that and dont go on and on like you do
i think we can infer pikeville is the best
and as for being young pikevilles jrhigh/jv is young and stays at the top at nationals and actually won in 2003 and stays at the top at state so theres no excuse for being young
[/quote]

I'm just wondering... do you understand how idiotic you sound and how stupid you make cheerleaders look? APPARENTLY I'M NOT FROM SOUTH FLOYD STUPID! Do you not see the GO VALLEY thing rolling on the bottom? No, actually I just put that on there to throw people off, and I'm sure my name "True Blue" represents South Floyd well. GROW UP! I didn't say Pikeville was bad, I said they were great. Can you not take a compliment? Everyone knows they're good so shutup about it already! But as for in game competing they're not the best apparently. But that doesn't mean they're not good cheerleaders. How about you wait a couple years until you mature a little before you begin to post anymore.

Oh Yeah. P.S. I'm from Valley... if you haven't figured that one out yet.
good post
:confused:Can squads alter their size during the season? If you have girls that are on the squad at the start of the season, then for one reason or another they are removed or quit with no replacement, how would that work, If squad size is important to the division your in?
What about Sheldon Clark
Magoffin
Pikevill, hands down. No one else comes close...:Cheerlead
The only reason Pikeville is even known for cheerleading is because they did good... IN THE PAST.... This season was by far a let down for Pikeville and they really didn't do to well... I was disappointed by them because they are usually GREAT! I saw there Kapos routine and they did win it. But for real their only competition was Valley and everybody knows that Valley doesn't even compare to anybody because there stunts are awful! The only thing I can say good about Valley is that they can all do a back-handspring... So bottom line.... Pikeville <b>USED</b> to be the best!
Valley did not have aweful stunts this year. Their stunts were not as good as Pikeville's but better most definately better than the other school in the 59th district. Valley worked hard on their stunts and a lot of people were quite impressed by the majoy improvement Valley had this year. I really think you need to grow up and stop downing them.
go SF lol
hmmm I really dont think so... They didnt do anything special... They didnt do anything that everybody else in the 59th district couldnt do...Pikeville BLOWS valley out of the water bad.... and they aren't even that great!
I am going to vote for Pike Central casue that is where I'm from.

*But who knows who the best is? I'm sure that all region squads are awesome. And all squads perform different from when they are at practice, to when they are performing. EVERY SQUAD is awesome! And I'm proud to be from a region where we have such great cheerleaders! <3 :Clap:
oh really East ridge could barely stick a lib. I never seen East Ridge do any thing that remotely resembled a pyramid.
Pikeville & Prestonsburg
Mc they give all they have for what they love to do
Pikeville!!!
Def. P-burg. Prestonsburg Cheerleaders are the best hands down. They have won their district 5 years straight. They have the best tumblers & stunts around.
south floyd is a great cheerleadin squad defendin all a state champs
hornet32 Wrote:Magoffin
:1: GO HORNETS
Pikeville...I mean they practice every day except for sundays..and they sometimes even practice on sundays near nationals time! they practice 2-4 hours a day..and sometimes they even have 2 day practices when school is out..so they deserve being the best bc they work harder than any other team. i have ever seen...thats just my opinion...