Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 46 Lexington Christian Academy 44 (11th Region Final)
Final from Richmond.
Possibly was the state championship game.
Don’t forget about Cov. Cath, Trinity, or Ballard
Mountain Wrote:Don’t forget about Cov. Cath, Trinity, or Ballard

This was not a fun game to watch. Both teams had a tough time scoring. Even the officials were off their game. Scott County was very fortunate to win.
rojas Wrote:This was not a fun game to watch. Both teams had a tough time scoring. Even the officials were off their game. Scott County was very fortunate to win.

Agree on it being sloppy from the team play. Didn't see all of it, so don't want to comment on the refs. But yes, very tough to watch. Carter Henderickson going down for Lexington Christian was a tough blow.
surprisingly close.
13th region: “so you’re saying there’s a chance???!!!!”

Hah
Hound05 Wrote:13th region: “so you’re saying there’s a chance???!!!!”

Hah

There's always a chance. However, the LCA team that SC eased by tonight is not the same team that Corbin beat at the beginning of the season at NL.
pjdoug Wrote:surprisingly close.

Mark my words... Lexington Christian Academy has some staying power in the 11th Region hierarchy. They've been building up for awhile now. They were a relatively new school for recent history. In the past, I believe that both Pitino and Tubby's children attended Lexington Catholic. When Sutton was at UK, his son attended Henry Clay. That Brad Calipari attended Lexington Christian should tell you a little bit about the school's standing.

If they weren't sharing a district with Lexington Catholic, Lafayette, Tates Creek, and Dunbar, then it would have likely been a much quicker ascent.

They were big across the board, had some kids that could really stroke the ball, and had a kid in Rode that was a star.
Pitino would never send his sons I remember several years ago both LCA and Lex Cath we’re fined several thousand dollars by the KHSAA de recruiting violations. I think in LCA’s case it was $30,000 or $35,000.
Hound05 Wrote:13th region: “so you’re saying there’s a chance???!!!!”

Hah

Have to get by the 14th region champ first!
It very well could be Trinity vs Knott Central.
Scott Co. is ready for the show down next week, cant wait!
Didn't LCA beat Trinity on the road? Might have been to 2 best teams in the state right there- People in Scott County and in central Ky knew it was going to be a dog fight, so shouldn't have been a shock to anyone that the game was so close. IMO- SC never looks great when they play- Its a lot of helter-skelter- IMO could be wrong, Cov. Cath is only team that can beat them- bad matchup for the Cards just like LCA- FYI- that was LCA's 7 game on EKU court this year
Not many realize Scott County only has 2 Sr. on the team, and only 1 gets any minutes- So maybe last night was an upset-lol
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Not many realize Scott County only has 2 Sr. on the team, and only 1 gets any minutes- So maybe last night was an upset-lol

They'll be tough to beat for sure.
rojas Wrote:Pitino would never send his sons I remember several years ago both LCA and Lex Cath we’re fined several thousand dollars by the KHSAA de recruiting violations. I think in LCA’s case it was $30,000 or $35,000.

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that one of the Pitino's had played at Lexington Catholic (Middle). If nothing else, at least "Lexington Catholic Middle"... I want to say Christ the King (yes all, I know that there's no Lex Cath Middle, but they do have sports teams, or at least did at one time).

As for the violations on Lexington Christian Academy's end, I guess you may infer that some powers-that-be were getting a little nervous?

Weren't some of the more serious infractions that they ended up falling for connected to some minor sports?
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that one of the Pitino's had played at Lexington Catholic (Middle). If nothing else, at least "Lexington Catholic Middle"... I want to say Christ the King (yes all, I know that there's no Lex Cath Middle, but they do have sports teams, or at least did at one time).

As for the violations on Lexington Christian Academy's end, I guess you may infer that some powers-that-be were getting a little nervous?

Weren't some of the more serious infractions that they ended up falling for connected to some minor sports?
Yes. I mistyped that. I meant to type `Pitino would never allow his son to go to a non Catholic school.`
Congrats to Coach Hicks.
rojas Wrote:Yes. I mistyped that. I meant to type `Pitino would never allow his son to go to a non Catholic school.`

Gotcha.

I've always thought that the way the Lexington-Fayette (Public) Schools seem to cycle through their attendance demographics was rather unique.

Haven't really seen many other places like Lexington where each of the schools seem to have a 'life cycle' (for lack of a better term). I honestly think it'd be a rather interesting case study.

Living in nothing but Midwestern sprawl now, so the bougie schools just build newer ones and their older models generally get repurposed or sit until they deteriorate completely; the have-nots seem to just kind of stay rougher for extremely lengthy periods comparitavely).