Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon Co. 2018
Predictions?
Malcolm Ex Wrote:Predictions?

Football is losing its footing at Bourbon. Hodge has been dying to get out of there for the past 2-3 years. Had their chances a few years ago. IMO....this ship has sailed.
Hodge is a good coach. I'm not sure what the situation is there at Bourbon Co but I do know he knows his stuff.
Bourbon Co backsliding. They were loaded about 5-6 years ago with Hopkins and company in 3A. 4A been much tougher. Roster number have also declined since then. Paris programs have flourished over the past few years hurting BC as well.
FoSho Wrote:Hodge is a good coach. I'm not sure what the situation is there at Bourbon Co but I do know he knows his stuff.

Yes he is and does, can't help but know his stuff. It just goes to show that everybody (programs) go through it. Oddly enough one would think, well not think, but 4A has been more doable than 3A.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Bourbon Co backsliding. They were loaded about 5-6 years ago with Hopkins and company in 3A. 4A been much tougher. Roster number have also declined since then. Paris programs have flourished over the past few years hurting BC as well.

What were their roster numbers last year. It’s a shame Bourbin should be a consistent region contender.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:What were their roster numbers last year. It’s a shame Bourbin should be a consistent region contender.

53 if my math is correct. Unless there is a large freshman push will be about the same this season.
Paris has definitely been on the uptick for the past couple of years. BC had relied on some transfers from surrounding counties during their stint in 3A. While some transfers continued.....the success has not.
Bourbon had a pretty easy path and schedule back in 3A. I think Hodge was there for 2? 3A years, so I doubt he had much control over the schedule.
Hodge and his staff do a great job with those kids !!
OchoOcho Wrote:Hodge and his staff do a great job with those kids !!

I agree. Hodge has done a nice job. For whatever reason, it just seems that football has lost it's mojo within the community. Once the Adena Springs connection fizzled out, there's been a noticeable drop.
I think the school not giving them the good backbone like they have in the past has hurt a lot. I think Hodge does a great job there. I think he will tough it out unless an amazing opportunity comes open. Plus all the parents need to get on board and respect the coach on what they are Trying to teach the kids. Yeah coaches scream and yell at the kids cause they don’t give 110%, don’t pay attention and goof off in practices classroom. Then the kids want to whine and complain to their parents. Football make your kids tougher. FOOTBALL IS LIKE LIFE. YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN AND YOU GOTTA LEARN TO GET BACK UP. YOU WIN SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES YOU DON’T.
Hodge is a terrible disciplinarian. All the kids from Paris transferring to BC walk all over him and he does nothing to them. Wide receiver that graduated this year was a cancer. Should have been kicked off the team a couple of years ago when he swung at an assistant coach on the sidelines. Instead, he was back out on the field next play. Bad leadership by Hodge.
Paris is on the uptick because they DON'T PLAY ANYBODY. Of their opponents,only one had a winning record. (Holy Cross) Raceland mudstomped em.
The kid you are referring to did not swing @ a coach, he got upset about something that happened on the field came to the sideline and slammed his helmet to the ground & was grabbed by several teammates and a coach unfortunately he pushed every ones hands off of him that tried to grab and calm him down, he did not go back in that game his helmet was taken away, he was disciplined the following week in practice...
Couldn't imagine Hodge not holding kids accountable.
FoSho Wrote:Couldn't imagine Hodge not holding kids accountable.

Hodge is actively looking at other coaching opportunities
Go Colonels!
Coaches are always looking for opportunities...
Cledog30 Wrote:Coaches are always looking for opportunities...

for sure.
pjdoug Wrote:for sure.

Yes?
Cledog30 Wrote:Coaches are always looking for opportunities...

That's true. However.....Hodge wants out of Bourbon Co.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's true. However.....Hodge wants out of Bourbon Co.

You are right. I know he interviewed at LEX Cath
I wouldn’t blame him. If he did. Bourbon Doesn’t back the Football program like they used to. Football used to get the gate money from every home game. But not now but yet the band get the concessions every game.