Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Song Thread
What's the one song you always hear that you think that's my favorite song? I literally love about a million songs but every time I hear this one I think "That's my favorite song."

jetpilot Wrote:What's the one song you always hear that you think that's my favorite song? I literally love about a million songs but every time I hear this one I think "That's my favorite song."

I had never heard that song before.
Westside Wrote:I had never heard that song before.

That's because you're not old lol. The Clash are in the Rock & Roll HOF and Joe Strummer died long ago and has a Memorial in Manhattan. Tell us your favorite Westie.
jetpilot Wrote:That's because you're not old lol. The Clash are in the Rock & Roll HOF and Joe Strummer died long ago and has a Memorial in Manhattan. Tell us your favorite Westie.

I've been trying to think of my favorite song since you posted this and have yet to pinpoint one. It depends on the mood I'm in. My teen years are from the late 80's and early 90's. That means I love the hair bands and metal, but I also like Blugrass. My favorite band is probably Metallica. They are one of the best band I've ever seen live. To me their ... And Justice For All album is almost like classical music. I've seen a few of the hair bands and metal bands live ( Motley Crue, AC\DC, Guns N Roses, Ratt, Warrant, Cult, Aerosmith, Kiss, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Pat Benatar, Loverboy, 3 Doors Down, etc) but I think I like Metallica best (or Aerosmith). I also like rock and a great show I saw twice was the Face To Face Tour was Billy Joel and Elton John. I saw it twice, once in Lexington and once in Columbus. I went to it liking Billy Joel more, but Elton John played longer and surprisingly was more crowd friendly. Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Pearl Jam and Doobie Brothers.

I'll try to pinpoint a few songs when I think about it more.
duplicate post
[YOUTUBE="Bulls On Parade"]wSoq3ZDTlVc[/YOUTUBE]
I'll post some more as we go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:

Where are you pulling these songs from, JP? I've never heard of this one either.
[YOUTUBE="Wish You Were Here"]3j8mr-gcgoI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="These Lyrics Are So Deep"]f4apWJMVR0c[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Gridlock"]lJ2bgoQZRsg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Kill The King"]iI-6dHc-EwM[/YOUTUBE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite guitar riffs pt 1 at 2:29
GOAT guitar song favorite riff 2:17
These are two songs I love to listen to when I relax.

Westside Wrote:These are two songs I love to listen to when I relax.

Like both, LOVE the SRV.
And loved this Vaughn Brothers song from right before Stevie Ray got killed. Has actual old Vaughn family video in it. Still brings a tear...

jetpilot Wrote:And loved this Vaughn Brothers song from right before Stevie Ray got killed. Has actual old Vaughn family video in it. Still brings a tear...

oops...Vaughan
[YOUTUBE="Aimee Mann: Voices Carry"]gQABsCZm350[/YOUTUBE]
What are you listening to - Chris Stapleton

Hands down my favorite song and one that a lot of Stapleton fan's don't talk about
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I've been listening to this David Bowie song a lot lately.

Westside Wrote:I've been listening to this David Bowie song a lot lately.

Love that song. Reminds me of this which I also love. I believe they came out around the same time.

My current radio...

[YOUTUBE="NOVACAINE"]1glGnGOpf6c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="MY NAME IS HUMAN"]l5-gja10qkw [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="The Grey"]CCowWugcmHQ [/YOUTUBE]
JP, for years I thought I on!y liked one David Bowie song which was Blue Jean. Turns out I liked a lot of his songs. I just didn't know he was the one singing them.

GUT, I listened to all three songs. I liked the first one. The other two may be the type of songs you have to listen to a few times before they grow on you.

Spud, Chris Stapleton is quite popular. Back in 2005 or so, I bought a Steele Drivers CD because I liked the song East Kentucky Home. I haven't listened to much of his solo stuff. He does have a really good voice though.
I heard this today, reminds me of college girlfriend. Still tear up...b!tch:biggrin:
Read comments on youtube, one was "I'm Chris Isaak, I melt panties." Big LOL.

Westside Wrote:JP, for years I thought I on!y liked one David Bowie song which was Blue Jean. Turns out I liked a lot of his songs. I just didn't know he was the one singing them.

GUT, I listened to all three songs. I liked the first one. The other two may be the type of songs you have to listen to a few times before they grow on you.

Spud, Chris Stapleton is quite popular. Back in 2005 or so, I bought a Steele Drivers CD because I liked the song East Kentucky Home. I haven't listened to much of his solo stuff. He does have a really good voice though.

Alt Rock is something you either have a taste for or don't.
The garage scene nirvana type rock is responsible for most of what I listen to.

I loathe country music. If chris Stapleton was playing a concert in my living room I'd sleep in the barn. I honestly dont know of any country I've ever liked.
You can add those 80s artist to the list as well. I've got a very particular taste in music and if I dont like it I'll know 5 seconds in.