•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
I would be VERY shocked if Salmons came to Perry Central. I don't see it happening unless he's being ran out of WV.
As soon as Friday. Mark it down
Bigballerbrand Wrote:As soon as Friday. Mark it down

Not saying it's not happening, just saying if it does there is more to this story than him wanting to leave one of the best jobs in WV to come to PCC.
I agree. He would be leaving a team with 80-90 players and coming to a team that varies from 30-40 players. Perry has no quarterback coming in that has any experience. Speed is also at a loss with graduating seniors. Players have been used to running up the middle with maybe 1-2 passes per game.
Just hard to trust a guy going by Big Baller Brand lol and that's coming from a guy going by DarthVader.
Have you saw the teaching salaries in West Virginia? They are a JOKE!! Id say they barely pay the guy to coach in West VA. Probably make more money at Perry Central.
That's up to you darthvader. Put I do know the next coach is salmons from midln
Bigballerbrand Wrote:Trigger I already pulled

They interviewed someone else yesterday. I don't know how it would already be pulled if that was the case.
Yea he was the guy from LCA
Was he 64SUR's cousin?
Of course not!! It was his uncle.

Wink
LCA offensive coordinator I believe
A new hire other than Ovie Canady will only set the program back again. I dont care if Bear Bryant comes to Perry Central to coach, it aint gonna matter. Winning the big games will always be hard. Ovie has the kids in place and the program is growing/improving. Everyone talks about rebuilding the program, well there has never been a program to rebuild to begin with. The most success PCC has had since Haddix was this year. Ovie Canady was a part of that. Hope you get the job Canady. You DESERVE it.
Bigballerbrand Wrote:That's up to you darthvader. Put I do know the next coach is salmons from midln

Put? midlin? What in the wide, wide world of sports? :biglmao:
Today is the big day. Mark it down biggest hire in pcc history besides Haddix
Salmons is not as big as hire as Larkey. Not that big of name at all, not sure a great fit if everything on this board about Ovie is correct. His teams are BGR Classic threads, some good and some not so good. If this is the same guy from Lawrence County a few years back.
Yes, its the same one that coached Lawrence Co.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Salmons is not as big as hire as Larkey. Not that big of name at all, not sure a great fit if everything on this board about Ovie is correct. His teams are BGR Classic threads, some good and some not so good. If this is the same guy from Lawrence County a few years back.

Played on the O-Line for Marshall in the early 2000s.
Went from 0-10 in to 10-0 from his first to second year at Lawrence County. Lost in the third round to Bell County on their way to the state title game. 8-2 the next (and final year) and lost to Bell County in the second round on their way to the semis. Left for WV in 2011 and won two state championships in his tenure there.

So, yep. Terrible coach.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:They bring in another new coach, Hazards program will prosper again. Know a many that said Ovie dont get it, blue and gold will be the new colors of choice.

EDIT: Read that wrong lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Played on the O-Line for Marshall in the early 2000s.
Went from 0-10 in to 10-0 from his first to second year at Lawrence County. Lost in the third round to Bell County on their way to the state title game. 8-2 the next (and final year) and lost to Bell County in the second round on their way to the semis. Left for WV in 2011 and won two state championships in his tenure there.

So, yep. Terrible coach.

Didn't say he was terrible. Ovie should be coach, period. PCC needs to show some loyalty.
zaga_fan Wrote:Played on the O-Line for Marshall in the early 2000s.

So, yep. Terrible coach.

He seems to be a fine coach. I think he would be a great hire but he hasn't won any state titles. Played in title game in 2012 losing to Martinsburg 14-38. In 2015 made it to semis losing to Capital 13-35. Other than those two years hasn't made it past second round.
If it’s Joey Thacker from LCA, that is a big deal. Great coach and great person.
If it's not Ovie Canady this is really a disservice to the community and the school. I doubt to say no one has invested more time in their program than Ovie has the last 3 years. He has earned this job. I understand that the others are deserving also but it would really be a big mistake to not give someone as dedicated as he is the job if he wants it.
Will they name someone today? Seems soon. Has that been the plan?
Today is the day.
Bigballerbrand Wrote:Today is the day.

Are they doing it at weightlifting today?
johnnyd Wrote:If it's not Ovie Canady this is really a disservice to the community and the school. I doubt to say no one has invested more time in their program than Ovie has the last 3 years. He has earned this job. I understand that the others are deserving also but it would really be a big mistake to not give someone as dedicated as he is the job if he wants it.

Is it possible that Canady wanted to remain an assistant IF they could make a big time hire? I don't know anything about the situation genuinely asking. Maybe he knew a Thacker or Sammons would be a great hire and best for the overall program and decided he didn't want it for the best interest of the program. IF you can keep Canady fully on board AND make a splash with the head coaching hire that's a huge win.
Any word yet?
News conference soon
If Perry Central pulls this off with the Coach from West VA in three years they will dominate mountain high school football...I would love to play for Salmons or be apart of that coaching staff...could be exciting times for PCC
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next