Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jc lineman
[quote author=Tough Turf link=topic=18085.msg210158#msg210158 date=1142217523]
[quote author=White_Shadow link=topic=18085.msg210139#msg210139 date=1142215900]
Willis WILL start at tackle because he is the best lineman we have behind of Baldwin.
[/quote]

Am I talking to Tony Burchett or Jim Matney? I'll tell you the ones who will play.
    The ones that bust their butt's every day in the weight room and out there on the field and in the class room. Ask anyone Tony Burchett is fair. if he see's you in the weight room in during school or after school  He's gonna notice  that you want to play and have the desire to play and you are just not a hamburger eater. We will have some what of a general ideal who will start after spring practice.
[/quote]
Great post Tough Turf you're exactly right.
[quote author=Golden Eagle link=topic=18085.msg210322#msg210322 date=1142257475]
[quote author=Tough Turf link=topic=18085.msg210158#msg210158 date=1142217523]
[quote author=White_Shadow link=topic=18085.msg210139#msg210139 date=1142215900]
Willis WILL start at tackle because he is the best lineman we have behind of Baldwin.
[/quote]

Am I talking to Tony Burchett or Jim Matney? I'll tell you the ones who will play.
     The ones that bust their butt's every day in the weight room and out there on the field and in the class room. Ask anyone Tony Burchett is fair. if he see's you in the weight room in during school or after school  He's gonna notice  that you want to play and have the desire to play and you are just not a hamburger eater. We will have some what of a general ideal who will start after spring practice.
[/quote]
Great post Tough Turf you're exactly right.
[/quote]

everyone will have to step it up to take place of the boys we lost.
Hey, I know plenty about my teammates and especially my linemen. And especially about my center!  :lol:
[quote author=White_Shadow link=topic=18085.msg210929#msg210929 date=1142309682]
Hey, I know plenty about my teammates and especially my linemen. And especially about my center!  :lol:
[/quote]

You must own a team.......... :clap:
jarrod willis had to take honors chemistry II and he has been doing academics all years so i'd say he works his ass off for that school and will do the same for the football team. Some kids have to put academics first so they can go to college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote author=blahblahblah link=topic=18085.msg214409#msg214409 date=1142893232]
jarrod willis had to take honors chemistry II and he has been doing academics all years so i'd say he works his ass off for that school and will do the same for the football team. Some kids have to put academics first so they can go to college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

HELLO......anybody that wants to play football whether it be high school or college.......will indeed work their tails off. It is nothing new that academics come first....but.....do good in school for yourself not for anybody else. :thumpsup:
People say academics comes before sports, but never have i seen the outcome of an academic performance affect a coach's view of an athlete and their talents
[quote author=The X link=topic=18085.msg214472#msg214472 date=1142897622]
People say academics comes before sports, but never have i seen the outcome of an academic performance affect a coach's view of an athlete and their talents
[/quote]

:pirateshoot:AMEN Brother :pirateshoot:
sports in high school are extra curricular and academics should come first i just hope all those players can score an 18  on their ACT or life after high school is just a big beer belly  and reliving  high school
:flame:amen sister!!!!

Academics does all ways comes first with the JCHS football program
                Coach Jim matney puts academics before anything else
          Since coach matney has been there all of his football players have    graduated.
[quote author=blahblahblah link=topic=18085.msg214409#msg214409 date=1142893232]
jarrod willis had to take honors chemistry II and he has been doing academics all years so I'd say he works his ass off for that school and will do the same for the football team. Some kids have to put academics first so they can go to college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

My sure he will .He is a hard working kid but what were saying is that there is nothing wrong with lifting weights after school or after academics practice helps gets a jump start on getting stronger for next season. but I think he will get in there this summer and work like last summer.
i agree
[quote author=Tough Turf link=topic=18085.msg214556#msg214556 date=1142905103]

Since coach matney has been there all of his football players have    graduated.
[/quote]who couldnt graduate with 4 gym classes?
[quote author=The X link=topic=18085.msg214680#msg214680 date=1142912370]
[quote author=Tough Turf link=topic=18085.msg214556#msg214556 date=1142905103]

[/quote]who couldnt graduate with 4 gym classes?
[/quote]

I'm not getting what you are talking about. Does someone have 4 gym classes? Confusedhh:
Tough Turf Wrote:I'm not getting what you are talking about. Does someone have 4 gym classes? Confusedhh:
that was a bad exaggeration on my part. What i meant was most people have nothing but pie classes their senior year. But i have seen people with 3 gym classes. I just thought the graduation statement wasnt very appropriate
I have to think it will be ousley,baldwin,willis for sure and preston and pennington splitting time i dont see mason meek in the equation hes just weak
Westley Preston has had more time than Cody Castle as a lineman at the varsity level. Don't you think it is odd during spring practice that he has been on the first team offensive line at right guard? Needless to say he did a superb job against a district rival after Shawn Ousley aquired an ankle injury as they went on to score 5 TD's while Preston was at center.
.......what it all boils down to is..... who works the hardest.
cheif Wrote:I have to think it will be ousley,baldwin,willis for sure and preston and pennington splitting time i dont see mason meek in the equation hes just weak

ok thats only three people...and I believe preston and pennington can fill those other two spots. these guys work hard