Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Co. 2018
Predictions?
I don't see a lot of improvement for them in 2018
Head Coach just stepped down. Can't get a lot worse....
So much up in the air with this one that goes beyond just who they hire as their next coach.

New super to be hired (district is taking apps right now), and there is serious talk that Nelson County & Thomas Nelson will go back as one (w/ TN possibly becoming a 9th grade center or MS). The making of TN has killed both schools. They never should have split in the first place and many are realizing that now. The decision to go back as one will be largely on the new super. If they go back as one (if they did it wouldn’t be until 2019 I wouldn’t think) then this becomes a good job again...6A, but nonetheless a good job. Right now in its current state and especially with them dropping into 3A with the possibility of being thrown into a district with DeSales, CAL and Central; well......

Nelson was a 4A school last realignment that chose to play up in 5A...flash forward a few years later and they’ve dropped to 3A numbers. Meanwhile Bardstown is firmly in 3A (the split of Nelson County has largely impacted their growth). I