• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2018
Thoughts on Whitley County 2018 season after losing 18 seniors off the team is this a rebuilding year or reload year. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Thoughts on Whitley County 2018 season after losing 18 seniors off the team is this a rebuilding year or reload year. :popcorn:

it's not looking good is it?
From what I’ve heard that whole district is in rebuild mode, Whitley probably stands as good a chance as any but I’d say the region crown will move back to Pulaski this year
Perry May win that district next year.. but Whitley always s fields a tough team.
Whitley has some good young players returning. How many linemen do they have returning? What kind of talent do they have coming from the middle school ?
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley has some good young players returning. How many linemen do they have returning? What kind of talent do they have coming from the middle school ?

I was hoping you could tell us. :HitWall:
I'll save you some time. MOST of the football programs are rebuilding in 2018. Not ALL of them, but most. Some will be in better shape while rebuilding. HC loses 20+ Seniors but will retain our QB and a couple in the talent positions.
64SUR Wrote:I was hoping you could tell us. :HitWall:

I'm not telling you anything. You'll be sneaking around trying to recruit the players :yikes:
Granny Bear Wrote:I'll save you some time. MOST of the football programs are rebuilding in 2018. Not ALL of them, but most. Some will be in better shape while rebuilding. HC loses 20+ Seniors but will retain our QB and a couple in the talent positions.

remember the name Zach Saylor. He will be like a bowling ball next year :HitWall:
Whitley will return 8 starters on defense. That is way more than any team in their district! Offensively, they lost some key players, but they have the kids that can fill those spots. Whitley will be fine.
Whitley will field another 6-4 or 5-5 mediocre team.
Good news for them is the district is so weak they can still get lucky and win it
Don’t forget we will have to put up with a genius like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

I read on here where you picked up a Corbin girlfriend ? What is that all about? 64 reason to love Corbin, #1 Gut is a bandwagon guru.
TheRock Wrote:Don’t forget we will have to put up with a dumbass like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

I read on here where you picked up a Corbin girlfriend ? What is that all about? 64 reason to love Corbin, #1 Gut is a bandwagon guru.

You can say what you want. You know my prediction is true.
You can say what you want ,we all know you are a dumb *** . Can I ask you just one favor, PM me who fired you or skipped over you or just what happened to you that makes you such an ass. Try to remember one thing , you are now a Corbin fan, you fit in well.
TheRock Wrote:You can say what you want ,we all know you are a dumb *** . Can I ask you just one favor, PM me who fired you or skipped over you or just what happened to you that makes you such an ass. Try to remember one thing , you are now a Corbin fan, you fit in well.

I think you've had too many chances to be cordial.
TheRock Wrote:Don’t forget we will have to put up with a genius like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

Why 64 why not a 100 reason Confusednicker:
TheRock Wrote:You can say what you want ,we all know you are a dumb *** . Can I ask you just one favor, PM me who fired you or skipped over you or just what happened to you that makes you such an ass. Try to remember one thing , you are now a Corbin fan, you fit in well.

What will Whitley County do to get better next season?
Whitley will be okay...Chappell and Company will have them primed
bigscreen Wrote:Whitley will be okay...Chappell and Company will have them primed

Do they have some good freshmen coming in? Smile
Think gut summed it up pretty nicely not exactly sure what North is gonna have next year but the district is very winnable for Whitley, think Harlan will be better than expected and Perry Central is probably about on the same level as Whitley.
We will be in full rebuild mode at North. Larkey has done a great job getting the numbers up, and there have been some pretty good (not great) middle school teams in the last few seasons, so it shouldn’t be a total washout, but too many seniors that played on this years team to think it’s not gonna drop off for a season or two.
bigscreen Wrote:Whitley will be okay...Chappell and Company will have them primed

I agree , may even be better. Whitley will win District.

Gut has an axe to grind, like the other guy said he forgets he is a Corbin fan for some reason. We wish Coach Chappell the best and good luck.
Whitley lost a lot but Coach Chappell has done a good job getting the numbers up. They will be in the hunt next year.
NextGeneration Wrote:I agree , may even be better. Whitley will win District.

Gut has an axe to grind, like the other guy said he forgets he is a Corbin fan for some reason. We wish Coach Chappell the best and good luck.

No axe to grind. What i said is 100% true.
Just sad that a school like Whitley, with some of the best facilities in the state and pretty much unlimited money continues to push itself backwards to satisfy the few.
They'll never even beat Corbin with this staff.
What ? Never even beat Corbin? Corbin has a pretty good football team and would venture to say have much better players and not to mention so called transfers in the younger grades. Why do you want them to beat Corbin? You are a Corbin fan right? Something not right with you. I really don’t care , but Whitley’s staff is doing a pretty good job. Whitley has never been a powerhouse. You on the other hand have some kind of different agenda. I will end it here this isn’t my school or concern . Good luck Colonels and STAFF.
NextGeneration Wrote:What ? Never even beat Corbin? Corbin has a pretty good football team and would venture to say have much better players and not to mention so called transfers in the younger grades. Why do you want them to beat Corbin? You are a Corbin fan right? Something not right with you. I really don’t care , but Whitley’s staff is doing a pretty good job. Whitley has never been a powerhouse. You on the other hand have some kind of different agenda. I will end it here this isn’t my school or concern . Good luck Colonels and STAFF.
Why does Corbin have a better team than Whitley? I'll have to wade through BS after asking this question.
Many reasons, I guess you could start in the 50’s - 80’s with the Railroad.Tradition. Location has a lot to do with it , lately school system has helped. Most importantly has been players not from the city limits playing there. (With and without an invitation). Many reason at this point. Just to name a few things not even football related.

Not sure what you mean about wading through BS? I have watched football in this area for many years. JMO
pjdoug Wrote:Why does Corbin have a better team than Whitley? I'll have to wade through BS after asking this question.
How many people other than parents with kids on the team and a select few, you for example, actually care if Whitley’s team is better than Corbin’s?
That’s no BS that’s a big part of the problem what gut eludes to and people get mad at him for is true, Whitley administration for the most part simply doesn’t care, unless theyve got a kid on the team.
You guys have just gotten outside my scope of things. I do find it funny that so many from Corbin knows how to fix Whitley? I will say this PJ and therock are the only two on this site taking up for Whitley. They may not care.
Read carefully I never stated how to fix Whitley only what I felt was wrong. I never bashed your program actually stated thought you all had a pretty good chance of winning the district. Yes I’m 100% percent Corbin but except for one game a year I pull for Whitley too, a lot of Corbin does it’s just not reciprocated!!Confusednicker:
  • 1(current)
  • Next