•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
KYHSFB Wrote:You're literally the one bad egg in what is a nice and friendly fan base.

The worst thing to happen to Raceland is that Grizzle is the head coach at Greenup, if TJ leaves a couple years later and Grizzle is hired Raceland would have a much brighter future. Grizzle would've pushed them to the next level. Raceland won't decline now but they'll stay the same.

As for Greenup, they'll be the best team in the county if they stick with Grizzle.

I look for Greenup to take that top spot in the county sooner than later, maybe even next season. The athletic kids in Greenup County that had traditionally wound up at Russell or Raceland will be landing at GCHS. He has the football knowledge and the county has the football talent base to be a power.
KYHSFB Wrote:You're literally the one bad egg in what is a nice and friendly fan base.

The worst thing to happen to Raceland is that Grizzle is the head coach at Greenup, if TJ leaves a couple years later and Grizzle is hired Raceland would have a much brighter future. Grizzle would've pushed them to the next level. Raceland won't decline now but they'll stay the same.

As for Greenup, they'll be the best team in the county if they stick with Grizzle.

One bad egg lol .. i just enjoy messing with greenup posters I really don’t have anything against them or their team . I 100% disagree with you about grizzle leaving being so bad for Raceland , when Grizzle left hoof came back to coach at Raceland and he was a god send for Nathaniel. Grizzle has a lot of potential to be a great coach and he’s definitely a players coach but Hoof has about 30 years experience on and him .
So what does Greenup lose this upcoming season and what do they have coming back?
You should have started with this. All these kids bust their @$$ everyday in practice and in games. It's OK to not be an @$$ and give objectionable feed back. I don't have a dog in this fight but last I checked you went home with a loss and based on what you are saying your eggs are all in the basket of one guy. It takes all of them to win and tbey all work their butts off no matter what team. Go be king of the mountain in 2017 when none of ya brought home the trophy. Hate to be this way but man be positive for other teams and not an @$$
That comment was for anotherfootballnut
BCHSrebs Wrote:You should have started with this. All these kids bust their @$$ everyday in practice and in games. It's OK to not be an @$$ and give objectionable feed back. I don't have a dog in this fight but last I checked you went home with a loss and based on what you are saying your eggs are all in the basket of one guy. It takes all of them to win and tbey all work their butts off no matter what team. Go be king of the mountain in 2017 when none of ya brought home the trophy. Hate to be this way but man be positive for other teams and not an @$$

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever read , you shouldn’t smoke left handed cigarettes before commenting
anotherfootballnut Wrote:One of the dumbest things I’ve ever read , you shouldn’t smoke left handed cigarettes before commenting

I'm sure it is man.
BCHSrebs Wrote:I'm sure it is man.

Glad we agree
How will GC moving in 2019 from the smallest 4a school to the biggest 3a school effect the program? It will have to be a better district, getting away from Ashland and JC.
Coupon21 Wrote:How will GC moving in 2019 from the smallest 4a school to the biggest 3a school effect the program? It will have to be a better district, getting away from Ashland and JC.

If JC stays 5A if I were Greenup I would make sure I stayed 4A with Ashland, Rowan, Boyd, and whoever else. They could compete every year for the district.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If JC stays 5A if I were Greenup I would make sure I stayed 4A with Ashland, Rowan, Boyd, and whoever else. They could compete every year for the district.
You dont think they would compete in the russell, east carter, fleming, lewis district?
Coupon21 Wrote:You dont think they would compete in the russell, east carter, fleming, lewis district?

They would as well. Not saying that. Saying without JC and with Grizzle they could win where they are in 4A and honestly the opposite 4A district in the playoffs is easier than 3A.
If lex cath and fredrick douglas come to the 4a district with ashland, not sure i would want to stay 4a.
Coupon21 Wrote:If lex cath and fredrick douglas come to the 4a district with ashland, not sure i would want to stay 4a.

"New" numbers out have FD solidly in 5A now and LC has many 4A district options on the west side of Lexington that are much closer proximity. I do not see how they could be in the district. I expect some transitioning of the Bourbon/ Harrison district.
How many are coming out for weights for Greenup?
Just heard some sad news , this year will be last game between Raceland and Geeenuo , Greenup has already scheduled another team week 3 for 2019 , Ī guess a ass whooping from from a bigge School is easier to take than a ass whipping from 1A Raceland . Price Racelsnd pays for being on a different level than Greenup it’s gotta be hard to get kicked around by little brother every year . Ì wonder when grizzle is going to grow a pair and let Racelsnd know they aren’t scheduling them in 2019 .
Lmao.
Glad you think ending a long time series between two teams 10 minutes apart in the same county is funny to you
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Glad you think ending a long time series between two teams 10 minutes apart in the same county is funny to you

Is this confirmed?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Just heard some sad news , this year will be last game between Raceland and Geeenuo , Greenup has already scheduled another team week 3 for 2019 , Ī guess a ass whooping from from a bigge School is easier to take than a ass whipping from 1A Raceland . Price Racelsnd pays for being on a different level than Greenup it’s gotta be hard to get kicked around by little brother every year . Ì wonder when grizzle is going to grow a pair and let Racelsnd know they aren’t scheduling them in 2019 .

A lot of changes coming in 2019, schools moving classes and cross bracketing in districts. So who knows what the schedules will be in place for either school. That is a huge gate for both schools so if they (Greenup or Raceland) don’t renew the contract, I’m sure there’s a good reason.
With that being said, how about we discuss 2018 football and we’ll cross that scheduling bridge when we get there. As of now, it’s up in the air whether Greenup will stay 4A or move to 3A, that’s going to be a whole new schedule for Greenup if they move to 3A. All that is for certain is Greenup/Raceland will play each other in 2018. Now can we move this discussion back to 2018 Greenup. You can go to discuss Raceland on their thread.
Friday Night Wrote:A lot of changes coming in 2019, schools moving classes and cross bracketing in districts. So who knows what the schedules will be in place for either school. That is a huge gate for both schools so if they (Greenup or Raceland) don’t renew the contract, I’m sure there’s a good reason.
With that being said, how about we discuss 2018 football and we’ll cross that scheduling bridge when we get there. As of now, it’s up in the air whether Greenup will stay 4A or move to 3A, that’s going to be a whole new schedule for Greenup if they move to 3A. All that is for certain is Greenup/Raceland will play each other in 2018. Now can we move this discussion back to 2018 Greenup. You can go to discuss Raceland on their thread.

Greenup played 4 of 5 teams this season that they would probably be in a 3A district with in 2019 (East Carter, Fleming, Russell, Lewis). I would anticipate that Mason Co would be the other team to add, but it could be Lawrence or even West Carter if they decide to play up. I would anticipate they would retain non district games with 4A Boyd Co, Rowan Co, and Ashland. That's 8 games. If they are not playing Raceland, Lawrence, or West Carter then they will need 2 non district games and both would have to be with teams over an hours drive away because no one else is left.

As far as 2018 they will be ok but they some key contributors in 2017.
Friday Night Wrote:A lot of changes coming in 2019, schools moving classes and cross bracketing in districts. So who knows what the schedules will be in place for either school. That is a huge gate for both schools so if they (Greenup or Raceland) don’t renew the contract, I’m sure there’s a good reason.
Absolutely nothing to do with district play or moving classes , they scheduled a Ohio team week three which is the week the play Raceland
KYHSFB Wrote:Is this confirmed?

Confirmed by the team they picked up , greenup has not told Raceland
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Confirmed by the team they picked up , greenup has not told Raceland

I'm pretty sure nothing can be signed yet for schedules. The KHSAA has put a stop up until the districts are set. They may have a verbal agreement to play but nothing can be official yet.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Confirmed by the team they picked up , greenup has not told Raceland
Who cares. That game means nothing to either team in terms of playoffs. The only thing is it is a big gate for both schools. As stated above nothing can be signed until the classes and districts are set including games outside of your district. Let’s move on.
Friday Night Wrote:Who cares. That game means nothing to either team in terms of playoffs. The only thing is it is a big gate for both schools. As stated above nothing can be signed until the classes and districts are set including games outside of your district. Let’s move on.

A lot of people care , it’s more than a big gate it’s a rival game a in county rival game. It’s going to cost both school more money in travel and smaller gate , really surprising that grizzle is running from this game. I’m sure there are some greenup players who aren’t happy about this as well
anotherfootballnut Wrote:confirmed by the team they picked up , greenup has not told raceland

get your facts straight. Football nut has no idea what he's talking about. This is 100% inaccurate information from the nut job.
Would you like to put some money where your big mouth is
In 2019 greenup will play wheelersburg week 3 instead of Raceland .. now let’s put some money on that pick your nose
anotherfootballnut Wrote:In 2019 greenup will play wheelersburg week 3 instead of Raceland .. now let’s put some money on that pick your nose

I’m sure glad you are the expert on Greenup scheduling. Thanks for the info but I’m going to wait and see when the 2019 schedule comes out. As of now, I could care less if Greenup/Raceland ever played each other again. As far as gate and travel expense, if Greenup were to pick up Wheelersburg it would be the same for them as playing Raceland.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next