Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
23 more hours, go HOUNDS
:mop::mop:I want be updating tomorrow night hope somebody will take the bull by the horn and update for BGR posters. :policeman:policeman:policeman Go Hounds :Cheerlead
killbilly usmc Wrote:Alcoa has 2 losses so they are probably 12-2. Think they are in state championship this weekend.

13-2 Champs .
Hound05 Wrote:When I start feeling a little down, I just get back up listening to Greg Taylor's speech on the Corbin/Central highlight videoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Thanks man, appreciate it. we'll do our best to bring it back to the mountains. It wont be easy, Boyle is a solid team. But I think we'll take it. Our schedule the past couple of years have prepared us more I believe for this type game. Hopefully it pays off tomorrow. I'll be in the Blue lot tailgating if anyone wants to swing by and have a cold one:1:
I'm thirsty.
A few questions for everybody. What is the difference in a college field to high school field? I know both are 100 yards but isn't a college field wider? Hash marks same or different? what about the goalpost and are they the same measurements as high school?
Get'r done boyle county!
Rebel55 Wrote:A few questions for everybody. What is the difference in a college field to high school field? I know both are 100 yards but isn't a college field wider? Hash marks same or different? what about the goalpost and are they the same measurements as high school?

I think only difference is goal post are more narrow for sure.... hash marks are possibly different also.
Rebel55 Wrote:A few questions for everybody. What is the difference in a college field to high school field? I know both are 100 yards but isn't a college field wider? Hash marks same or different? what about the goalpost and are they the same measurements as high school?

http://www.courtdimensions.net/football-field/index.php
Hatz Wrote:To piggy back on that, I think it's clear that Corbin has played a better schedule than Boyle.

Corbin

Whitley County 7-5
Alcoa TN 14-1 (?)
Pulaski 4-7
Beechwood 11-2
Mayfield 13-1
McCreary Central 2-7
Jackson County 2-9
Bell 7-5
Casey 10-2
Knox Central 7-5
Knott Central 5-6
Powell 8-5
Central 11-3

Boyle
John Hardin 5-6
Waggener 5-7
Danville 14-0
Wayne County 12-2
Collins 11-3
North Hardin 3-8
Garrard 4-8
Lex Cath 7-6
Western Hills 8-4
Mercer 7-6
West Carter 5-6
Elizabethtown 12-2

Boyle has played 7 teams with winning records.

Corbin has played 9 teams with winning records.

Advantage Hounds. :Thumbs:

Corbin has played 3 teams that will be competing for state championships, Boyle 0.
Lake Trash Wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Aug 18, 01 Washington County at Danville (W) 48 - 0 Bob Allen Pigskin Classic
Aug 24, 01 South Laurel home (W) 54 - 0
Aug 31, 01 Breathitt County away (W) 47 - 6 Kentucky River Medical Center Honey Bowl
Sep 7, 01 Lincoln County home (W) 51 - 0 Renfro Valley Jamboree Bowl
Sep 14, 01 Estill County away (W) 55 - 0
Sep 28, 01 Knott County Central home (W) 79 - 7
Oct 5, 01 Perry County Central away (W) 76 - 0
Oct 12, 01 Knox Central home (W) 60 - 0
Oct 19, 01 Cawood home (W) 56 - 0
Oct 26, 01 Bell County away (W) 34 - 2
Nov 2, 01 Greenup County at Rockcastle Co. (W) 55 - 0 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 9, 01 Ashland Blazer home (W) 29 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 16, 01 Bell County home (W) 28 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Nov 24, 01 Covington Catholic away (W) 17 - 14 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA
Dec 1, 01 Boyle County at Ky. Fair & Expo Center Cardinal Stadium (L) 14 - 49 Class AAA Football State Tournament
Class AAA State Championship

There fans were quite confident this year too. Not that it means anything, but I see some similarities and some that are not so similar. Really just going with my gut.

What is this.
campbellfield Wrote:Corbin has played 3 teams that will be competing for state championships, Boyle 0.

Not that it matters but Danville is playing saturday.
campbellfield Wrote:Corbin has played 3 teams that will be competing for state championships, Boyle 0.
After long thought I feel Chuck Smith and his 6 State Championship game experience and Asst. Coaches with 8, will find a way to pull the Rebels through this game. I just feel Boyle is the better overall team and bringing #8 back to Titletown.

Boyle 24
Corbin 14
Who Corbin beat early in the year, Chuck Smiths past titles....none of that matters tomorrow. It's all about what happens on that field.

Corbin puts this debate to rest by 14 points.

Good luck and safe travels to Boyle fans. It's been fun.
RV :bike::bike::bike::bike:is pulling out of London at 2.00pm Friday :truestory:

The length and width are the same. College hash marks and goal posts are more narrow.
19 hrs 40 min to kickoff.go HOUNDS
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:19 hrs 40 min to kickoff.go HOUNDS

18 hours 30 minutes til the hounds get turned loose for the hunt.

COME GET IT!!
HUNT4SIX
RED BUNCH GONNA BRING IT
Good luck corbin bring the GOLD home
64SUR Wrote:RV :bike::bike::bike::bike:is pulling out of London at 2.00pm Friday :truestory:

Can I hitch a ride on the RV? lol
I've picked these teams most of the year. I don't think I'll pick in this one unless I already did Confusednicker:
They beat Alco Tn tornadoes which just won the 3A state title last night in TN 31- 20.
12 hours...

Missed on that one. :Thumbs:

campbellfield Wrote:What is this.

My guess is it is Rockastle’s schedule from 2001. :Shaking:
CS17 Wrote:not sure why you took my response that way... you didn't really explain yourself in the post, so there wasn't any animosity in my response... but if you want to to go that route... Have at it!

Do you think they are going to clear the parking lots as well as the stadium? I think showing up during the earlier game will be fine.

I am not quite sure how things will work, but the official website does say that your game ticket allows you entry to the parking lot and that, on Friday, they will start allowing you in 2 hours prior. It is possible that they might not let cars into the lot until 5PM for this game if they are checking tickets.

Remember that UK students park in those lots for class and they are typically very full. In fact, for the Friday games, the KHSAA has an alternate lot out on Tates Creek at a church with a shuttle bus.

Again, I'm not exactly sure how things are going to work, but I'm assuming that we won't be able to park at the stadium until 5PM.
[SIZE="5"]IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

GAME DAY ON KROGER FIELD!!![/SIZE]

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

[SIZE="3"]
This is probably THE most competitive game today. The Rebels of Boyle County face the Redhounds of Corbin!!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]GO HOUNDETTES!! BRING HOME THE HARDWARE!!!

[/SIZE]

kapcat Wrote:Boyle Co by 14

I believe it will be corbin 21 boyle 14 do to corbin beat the 3A state champion in Tennessee
know1 Wrote:I am not quite sure how things will work, but the official website does say that your game ticket allows you entry to the parking lot and that, on Friday, they will start allowing you in 2 hours prior. It is possible that they might not let cars into the lot until 5PM for this game if they are checking tickets.

Remember that UK students park in those lots for class and they are typically very full. In fact, for the Friday games, the KHSAA has an alternate lot out on Tates Creek at a church with a shuttle bus.

Again, I'm not exactly sure how things are going to work, but I'm assuming that we won't be able to park at the stadium until 5PM.
You've got to stop using logic, facts and good ole common sense as well as just trying to be helpful. Some don't like it and get testy...
Lots open 2 hours prior to 1st game of day.
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next