Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Hump Day!!!!

Can you all make til Friday???

This will be the BEST game of the tournament!!!
pjdoug Wrote:How many times has Chuck Smith lost a state championship game? Smile

1 time... 2004 to Highlands
bac2369 Wrote:1 time... 2004 to Highlands

The year that Highlands had to forfeit most of their games for playing an ineligible player :biggrin:
I think this is the game of the weekend. The way I look at it, three games will be blowouts. Corbin vs. Boyle will be a game, and Danville vs. Mayfield will be a game. Trinity will beat St. X, but it'll probably be close for a while.

I think Boyle pulls it out, but wouldn't be surprised to see Corbin come away with a win. Either way, it should be fun.
pjdoug Wrote:The year that Highlands had to forfeit most of their games for playing an ineligible player :biggrin:

Yep, but he didn't play against Boyle in the championship.
pjdoug Wrote:I haven't told this yet, but Smith is my cousin :biggrin:

Oh no. Well, there went some of my respect for him. Haha
It seems as though Corbin's concession stand was better than Boyle's the last time I was there for a game.

That being said Boyle's Chain Gang has been ranked top 10 in the state by the Ky Football Officials Group for several years in a row.

So I guess that 1 for Boyle and 1 for Corbin
HighViz Wrote:Everything on here is a competition..... c’mon!

Hound05 Wrote:It was Black Friday crowds without the trash and fights haha. I don’t know about people being turned away. I got out there as fast as I could and we’ll just say mine were being “held”. I do know they did sell out though and are trying to get more

Well just this morning the Danville Wal-Mart got in 501 pairs of "Chuck Smith" pajamas. You talking about Black Friday crowds in Boyle County! I got out there as fast as I could and lucky to be walking right now. They didn't even have time to hit the shelves. They did say they are trying to get more. My son wanted a superman outfit for Christmas and that he got!
Haddix Hounds the quest for 6 t-shirts in Corbin.
Small print “ it might have been 52-0 last time we were here but he’s on our side this time” �� ����
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yep, but he didn't play against Boyle in the championship.

He did beat Bell County to make it to Boyle though Smile
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Oh no. Well, there went some of my respect for him. Haha

He doesn't respect you :biggrin:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yep, but he didn't play against Boyle in the championship.

Dudley and I had a good conversation regarding the situation at the BC vs. FTH State Championship game that year. It was quite entertaining.
Lake Trash Wrote:Dudley and I had a good conversation regarding the situation at the BC vs. FTH State Championship game that year. It was quite entertaining.
I'm sure that he didn't have many kind words for KHSAA Confusednicker:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Oh no. Well, there went some of my respect for him. Haha

Not sure, but I believe that was dougie's tribute to 64SUR!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Not sure, but I believe that was dougie's tribute to 64SUR!!
Confusednicker:

I have documented proof of Smith lines in my family tree Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Not sure, but I believe that was dougie's tribute to 64SUR!!
Confusednicker:

I'm not sure if I'm kin to 64 or not .
64black&gold Wrote:It seems as though Corbin's concession stand was better than Boyle's the last time I was there for a game.

That being said Boyle's Chain Gang has been ranked top 10 in the state by the Ky Football Officials Group for several years in a row.

So I guess that 1 for Boyle and 1 for Corbin

There must be a severe talent drop off from high school to the ones who done the middle school title game then. Hahah
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure that he didn't have many kind words for KHSAA Confusednicker:
Let's just say he was less than amused by it all.
Looking forward to seeing this game, hope Boyle county destroys them.
HighViz Wrote:Everything on here is a competition..... c’mon! So you were sharing data to show your ratios, and how it’s almost twice as high as the other team. The way I see it that’s not much of a comparison. 64Sur shows data that doesn’t compare to your team and its now a competition to see who’s best... Too funny!

Hatz was only giving the Official Stats that the KHSAA have on file that the Corbin and Boyle coaching staffs have turned in each week the numbers don't lie it is what it is. It's not the first pregame thread that he has posted stats on this year for Boyle county.
Speaking of which, how does one navigate the KHSAA stats? I see where you can go to 2017 season stats leaders. However, that just lists info from regular season.
mysonis55 Wrote:Speaking of which, how does one navigate the KHSAA stats? I see where you can go to 2017 season stats leaders. However, that just lists info from regular season.

For individual playoff info I guess you would have to click on stats for each game and do the math.
So far this is the longest week ever. :why::why:
Here is the KHSAA program for this weekends games. Save a few bucks here. http://khsaa.org/Publications/Programs/2...index.html
rookie57 Wrote:Looking forward to seeing this game, hope Boyle county destroys them.

Hope you aren’t looking to hard, cause boyle WILL NOT destroy them. Nor will corbin destroy Boyle.

If you’re looking for destruction, Cov cath vs MS maybe.......
pjdoug Wrote:He doesn't respect you :biggrin:

Now you have no way of knowing that. You're probably correct though. Lol
Rebel55 Wrote:Here is the KHSAA program for this weekends games. Save a few bucks here. http://khsaa.org/Publications/Programs/2...index.html

Thanks for the link Reb. Not a bad little program.
pjdoug Wrote:He did beat Bell County to make it to Boyle though Smile

I almost wrote the same thing but I didn't know for sure. Seems like he scored the go ahead touchdown really late in the game.
Here’s Wymt’s video for the state title for corbin and Johnson Central. With part of Corbin’s Greg Taylor speech before Louisville central.

rookie57 Wrote:Looking forward to seeing this game, hope Boyle county destroys them.

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next