KyKy Tandy, 6-1 junior guard, is one of state’s quickest players

23. Knox Central 13th 27-6

Senior Markelle Turner leads way for solid backcourt

24. Owensboro Catholic Third 22-11

Senior Luke Hayden may be the best player in the region

25. Anderson County Eighth 21-12

Bearcats are expecting big things from Bellarmine signee Cobe Penny

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...871266001/
If Adair county is the 13th best team in Kentucky, then basketball in the state of Kentucky is in real trouble. I honestly can't think of a region in the state that I'd comfortably put them #1 in the region.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:If Adair county is the 13th best team in Kentucky, then basketball in the state of Kentucky is in real trouble. I honestly can't think of a region in the state that I'd comfortably put them #1 in the region.

They got Zion Harmon this offseason, that alone will boost anyone's rankings
Strikeout King Wrote:They got Zion Harmon this offseason, that alone will boost anyone's rankings

I've watched the kid play a few times, including his last game against North Laurel. Afraid he's about to learn that it's a lot tougher for a 5'9"-5'10" guard to shine without a ton of talent around him. His AAU team is full of older, bigger kids so who are you going to sag off of and give better looks to? Bowling Green was the exact same way. The kid can absolutely handle the ball, but at the same time, Adam Sizemore can too and had a lot less turnovers than Harmon. I'm sure the way his AAU situation is set up, he'll receive some good offers by his senior year, but there's no way he's the #1 player in his class. There is also no way he makes this Adair team anywhere near a top 25 team.
We will see as the season progresses. I do know that his basketball coach has his team scheduled for several high profiled tournaments to get him recognized. Also, he's already received offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Creighton. Kentucky, Louisville and Kansas are interested but have yet to offer. However, I don't think he'll spend all of his high school career at Adair County.
Strikeout King Wrote:We will see as the season progresses. I do know that his basketball coach has his team scheduled for several high profiled tournaments to get him recognized. Also, he's already received offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Creighton. Kentucky, Louisville and Kansas are interested but have yet to offer. However, I don't think he'll spend all of his high school career at Adair County.

I'd say you're 100% right about that. I'd say he goes the prep school route next year.
Didn't think the 13th would have 2 schools in. Knox Central lost 5 seniors. But they do have one of the best coaches in the state. Patterson was the best hire for Knox since the beginning of Andy Griffith show
That’s a lot of division 1 players. Anyone have a complete list of guys going D1?
I will be at the Trinity @ Bullitt East game tonight. I figured Bullitt east would be top 25?
Leader Wrote:Didn't think the 13th would have 2 schools in. Knox Central lost 5 seniors. But they do have one of the best coaches in the state. Patterson was the best hire for Knox since the beginning of Andy Griffith show

How can you say Knox has one of the best coaches in the state when year in and year out they have the best if not close to the best talent in the region and never do anything with it?
Lol. How many kids in his tenure are playing college basketball anywhere. Or for that matter in the past 10 years. Talent or athletes don't make a good basketball player. Go ask duke or kentucky or North Carolina etc etc etc
Leader Wrote:Lol. How many kids in his tenure are playing college basketball anywhere. Or for that matter in the past 10 years. Talent or athletes don't make a good basketball player. Go ask duke or kentucky or North Carolina etc etc etc

I thought it was the coaches job to develop that talent and coach the team? Or no? No one underachieves as bad as Knox does year in year out.