Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 14 Hazard 9
I think hazard had three turnovers in the red zone. They shot their self in the foot but pikeville played well and capitalized. Both smith boys were out and maybe another player from hazard
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!

The Panthers capture their 22nd Region Championship in the 1,000th Game on current record in Program History. Through 1,000 games PHS has amassed a record of 686-289-25.

PHS is now 23-11 All-Time in Region title games, 4-3 versus Hazard.

Chris McNamee wins his 6th Region Championship. 2nd best at PHS behind Hillard Howard's 12.

Awesome to see this team grow up over the course of the season. A lot of room to get better. But they are right on schedule. Hoping they have a couple more wins in the tank for 2017!
hitter Wrote:I think hazard had three turnovers in the red zone. They shot their self in the foot but pikeville played well and capitalized. Both smith boys were out and maybe another player from hazard
Both Smith boys have been out for quite some time now. Pikeville has not had Bataille all year nor one of their top DBs (Dawahare) due to injury. Every team has injuries and so forth. Pikeville got better as the season went on and the coaches were able to move pieces around to find the right mix from start to rotation. Pikeville also has at least two linemen just coming back from injuries as well. Shooting themselves in the foot at this stage of the season happens sometimes. Pikeville missed chances in the first matchup.

Hazard had a hell of a season, congrats. Now it’s time for the Panthers to give all their attention to one thing only, the Rams. Block out the noise, boys.
The key in this game was No turnovers for Pikeville except stopped on downs. I don’t really consider them turnovers though.

Hazard had 6+ turnovers and still had a shot at the end if they could have got the onside kick.

You do not win ball games with turnovers like that or really shouldn’t be in the game.

I have to credit that defense for hazard for getting them the ball to try to go down and score so many times.
Panther Thunder Wrote:HAIL PIKEVILLE!!

The Panthers capture their 22nd Region Championship in the 1,000th Game on current record in Program History. Through 1,000 games PHS has amassed a record of 686-289-25.

PHS is now 23-11 All-Time in Region title games, 4-3 versus Hazard.

Chris McNamee wins his 6th Region Championship. 2nd best at PHS behind Hillard Howard's 12.

Awesome to see this team grow up over the course of the season. A lot of room to get better. But they are right on schedule. Hoping they have a couple more wins in the tank for 2017!

Great video!!! Glad to see the catch by the little man for Hazard on there.
Pikeville was the better team Friday. They were in control the whole game. Congratulations to Pikeville, they deserved it. Also, a shout out to zaga on an excellent call on the radio.
Congrats to Pikeville on the win. From the start Hazard appeared to be rattled and out of sync. Pikeville has improved a lot this year and is playing good ball. The coaching staff had the team ready to play and the players executed. Hazard coaching staff needs to evaluate the game and have more control of their players. I've never seen so many players come off the field during the game and just throw and slam their helmet. But it also shows what type of team they are when a parent has to go tell the team to take a knee when Pikeville's player was injured and carted off the field by ambulance. and several still didn't take a knee
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville on the win. From the start Hazard appeared to be rattled and out of sync. Pikeville has improved a lot this year and is playing good ball. The coaching staff had the team ready to play and the players executed. Hazard coaching staff needs to evaluate the game and have more control of their players. I've never seen so many players come off the field during the game and just throw and slam their helmet. But it also shows what type of team they are when a parent has to go tell the team to take a knee when Pikeville's player was injured and carted off the field by ambulance. and several still didn't take a knee

So you’ve never seen any Pikeville players throw/slam there helmets any at all or any other team? Not sure that Hazard had to be told by a parent to take a knee but every time I saw an injury both teams took a knee. I walked the hazard sideline all night.
But I do remember a Pikeville fan screaming when two kids where blocking one another and they slammed each other to the ground and the Hazard player was hurt for the P*ssy to get up he was the one who did that...

But this thread needs to be in the back burner as the Hazard and Pikeville game is over and this week features Raceland vs Pikeville
I wasn't going to say nothing, but the post BAC2369 post about. PIKEVILLE need to thanks the 7 refs in this game. Pikeville first drive of the game, the Pikeville player was up in the air when he fumble the ball. the refs call him down. when Hazard player was laying on the ground the ball come out, the refs said it was a fumble. and all the other calls that the refs didn't call on Pikeville. get a copy of the game tape, if you don't believe what I said.
cj2561 Wrote:I wasn't going to say nothing, but the post BAC2369 post about. PIKEVILLE need to thanks the 7 refs in this game. Pikeville first drive of the game, the Pikeville player was up in the air when he fumble the ball. the refs call him down. when Hazard player was laying on the ground the ball come out, the refs said it was a fumble. and all the other calls that the refs didn't call on Pikeville. get a copy of the game tape, if you don't believe what I said.
Blah blah. Move on. Questionable calls in every game. Bac pointed out someone said something questionable towards a Hazard player on the ground (I don’t condone that, by the way). Lord knows there have been PLeNTY of Times Pikeville has had a chance to complain about refs at Hazard. The 2015 game when we had about 10 unsportsmanlike penalties for players jawing at each other (that works both ways, ya know), and so on. It’s over.

But if you REALLY want to go there, look at the video where the Hazard player twisted the leg of the Pikeville WR after he was already tackled, and the player had to come out the rest of the first half. That was pretty blatant.
cj2561 Wrote:I wasn't going to say nothing, but the post BAC2369 post about. PIKEVILLE need to thanks the 7 refs in this game. Pikeville first drive of the game, the Pikeville player was up in the air when he fumble the ball. the refs call him down. when Hazard player was laying on the ground the ball come out, the refs said it was a fumble. and all the other calls that the refs didn't call on Pikeville. get a copy of the game tape, if you don't believe what I said.
Blah blah. Move on. Questionable calls in every game. Bac pointed out someone said something questionable towards a Hazard player on the ground (I don’t condone that, by the way). Lord knows there have been PLeNTY of Times Pikeville has had a chance to complain about refs at Hazard. The 2015 game when we had about 10 unsportsmanlike penalties for players jawing at each other (that works both ways, ya know), and so on. It’s over.

But if you REALLY want to go there, look at the video where the Hazard player twisted the leg of the Pikeville WR after he was already tackled, and the player had to come out the rest of the first half. That was pretty blatant.
Sorry. For some reason it double posted
These playoff games are really emotional especially for this seniors.what the Hazard player did was blatant and it shouldn’t have been done and the same thing with throwing the helmets and the bad remarks by some fan. You can see the emotions of a player but fans are ridiculous. I get upset some times at the refs and yes they make bad calls sometimes we disagree with but they are human as we are so we all make mistakes. It was a really good game from both sides and I know you are thinking well he is Pikeville fan so that why he is saying this which maybe true but I think I would have reacted the same way if the shoe would been on the other foot or at least I hope I would have. Hazard has a lot of talent coming back as does Pikeville. Just hope I am around to watch these great battles next year.
PHSForever Wrote:Blah blah. Move on. Questionable calls in every game. Bac pointed out someone said something questionable towards a Hazard player on the ground (I don’t condone that, by the way). Lord knows there have been PLeNTY of Times Pikeville has had a chance to complain about refs at Hazard. The 2015 game when we had about 10 unsportsmanlike penalties for players jawing at each other (that works both ways, ya know), and so on. It’s over.

was they jawing at game. if they was it is a good call, if not it wasn't. how do you know what they are saying on the field. what I am saying, you have been blind not to see it. but I guess the people in Pikeville is blind if they didn't see these plays I am talking about.
I don't see the best, but I did see the scoreboard at the end of the game.
There will always be complaints in a huge rivalry/regional championship game. Time to move on...
jetpilot Wrote:I don't see the best, but I did see the scoreboard at the end of the game.
There will always be complaints in a huge rivalry/regional championship game. Time to move on...

I agree. This games over and its a new week and a different game.
cj2561 Wrote:was they jawing at game. if they was it is a good call, if not it wasn't. how do you know what they are saying on the field. what I am saying, you have been blind not to see it. but I guess the people in Pikeville is blind if they didn't see these plays I am talking about.
Last comment on this. The Hazard fumble, unless you were the ref looking directly at it, is not conclusive on video because the video is from the box, and the fumble happened in a pile of players and went forward towards the goal line, and is not visible on film until the player pounces on it. How do you know the ball was not loose as he was going down? As for the Pikeville fumble, it LOOKS like, based on the video, his knee was doing. Again, these are bang bang plays without benefit of hindsight or replay. It is what it is. The jawing I was talking about WAS going both ways, from people who were standing on the sidelines and even said both sides were running their mouths that year. Just seemed to me that a disproportionate number were called on Pikeville.

Doesn’t have a thing to do with blindness, it has everything to do with you being unable to shake that Hazard tint off your glasses and acknowledge you got beat. Plain and simple. Hope you’ve had a Happy Thanksgiving. I’ll wave as we drive past 80 on our way North in 23 tomorrow.
PHSForever we could have said the same thing in the first meeting between these two teams when we fumbled on the one which might have changed that game and we would be playing at home instead of on the road I think. But like everyone says on this thread it’s over with let it go,except a few
Patriot1 Wrote:PHSForever we could have said the same thing in the first meeting between these two teams when we fumbled on the one which might have changed that game and we would be playing at home instead of on the road I think. But like everyone says on this thread it’s over with let it go,except a few

I wasn't going to say nothing. until that post by (SPORT FAN 101).
cj2561 Wrote:I wasn't going to say nothing. until that post by (SPORT FAN 101).

You have ever right in the world to say what you feel and I might not agree but that’s your right. I didn’t take it as a bad thing I just disagree. I appreciate your view as everyone should other peoples views may not agree but that’s just the way it is. Good luck to you in what ever you do.
Two good games by very evenly matched teams. Hazard wish it was best of three. Pikeville won the important one.
ask BAC2369. I told him before last week games. that Raceland will beat Paintsville, and the winner of the Hazard/Pikeville game will win the east.
cj2561 Wrote:ask BAC2369. I told him before last week games. that Raceland will beat Paintsville, and the winner of the Hazard/Pikeville game will win the east.

His exact words.... we shall see if he’s right.
I just wish everyone on both sides had stayed healthy.
In 1A injuries are big.
It’s hard to see seniors especially on the sideline.
Happened to key players on both teams this year
Any of 4 teams could of won East. All 4 would have pounded runner up in West. They were head and shoulders above the rest of the east. Shook out Raceland's way. Hope they hold up the big trophy in Lexington. Would have been for any of the other 3.
cj2561 Wrote:ask BAC2369. I told him before last week games. that Raceland will beat Paintsville, and the winner of the Hazard/Pikeville game will win the east.

You almost got it cj2561! It was a heck of a game!
jetpilot Wrote:I don't see the best, but I did see the scoreboard at the end of the game.

:Thumbs:
Good luck to Raceland.