Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn at Powell County 11/28
Can the Wildcats go into Stanton and defeat the Pirates to "Seek Revenge" to make up for the 83-67 loss that Powell handed the Wildcats at the beginning of last season?
Should be a fun game to watch!
Powell County lost 7 seniors. They are not the same team as they were last year. They are not on the same level. They still have talent. Powell returns what could only be described as three role players. The only returning player that played in the District Championship game, was Williams. Williams played maybe 5 minutes due to the fact that Lindon was in foul trouble. It appeared that Williams was not ready for such a big stage, it overwhelmed him. He actually started last season on the JV team. Fraley didn't trust anyone on this year's team in that moment last season, they weren't even role players. Because when it came to crunch time they weren't in. He trimmed down his rotation to just the seniors. Coach Fraley believes that there is more talent in his younger players than with last year's senior latent team. As far just athleticism he is right, for sure. I've heard rumors that Nate Skidmore will play this season. If he does, man is he a baller, I will have a different outlook for the basketball team. I don't know how much Skidmore will be able to affect the Buckhorn game because he will only have a week to learn the system, style of play, practice with the team, and only have a week to wear off the rust. Also Drew Ginter also will be dealing with the same dilemma. This will cause Powell to have a slower start to the season than they would have had if the football team's season had ended earlier. Because of a complete turnover in the roster, and the lack of practice time for Skidmore and Ginter, Buckhorn will steamroll the pirates on opening night. That being said it will be a great atmosphere down in Stanton.
The Ole Man Wrote:Powell County lost 7 seniors. They are not the same team as they were last year. They are not on the same level. They still have talent. Powell returns what could only be described as three role players. The only returning player that played in the District Championship game, was Williams. Williams played maybe 5 minutes due to the fact that Lindon was in foul trouble. It appeared that Williams was not ready for such a big stage, it overwhelmed him. He actually started last season on the JV team. Fraley didn't trust anyone on this year's team in that moment last season, they weren't even role players. Because when it came to crunch time they weren't in. He trimmed down his rotation to just the seniors. Coach Fraley believes that there is more talent in his younger players than with last year's senior latent team. As far just athleticism he is right, for sure. I've heard rumors that Nate Skidmore will play this season. If he does, man is he a baller, I will have a different outlook for the basketball team. I don't know how much Skidmore will be able to affect the Buckhorn game because he will only have a week to learn the system, style of play, practice with the team, and only have a week to wear off the rust. Also Drew Ginter also will be dealing with the same dilemma. This will cause Powell to have a slower start to the season than they would have had if the football team's season had ended earlier. Because of a complete turnover in the roster, and the lack of practice time for Skidmore and Ginter, Buckhorn will steamroll the pirates on opening night. That being said it will be a great atmosphere down in Stanton.

I think you are wrong about these pirates, once you see them play you'll probably delete this post. Very solid team, very athletic, and good size. They start 5'10,6'1,6'5,6'4, and 6'3. Not a bad team at all and definitely will not get steamrolled by Buckhorn IMO
I don't think Buckhorn is out for revenge for an early loss from last year.
Grace13 Wrote:I think you are wrong about these pirates, once you see them play you'll probably delete this post. Very solid team, very athletic, and good size. They start 5'10,6'1,6'5,6'4, and 6'3. Not a bad team at all and definitely will not get steamrolled by Buckhorn IMO

They aren't that tall. Can you tell me the names of those players?
Williams-5'10, Hernandez-6'1, Barnett-6'5, Merion-6'4, Ajuonuma-6'3.
Hernandez can play and I think he will be a factor for the Pirates this season. Is he Max Hernandez' brother or relative?
Grace13 Wrote:Williams-5'10, Hernandez-6'1, Barnett-6'5, Merion-6'4, Ajuonuma-6'3.

Maybe so, I don't recognize Ajuonoma or Barnett. The other's seem close enough, maybe got an inch or two. Anyways good luck Pirates.
Strikeout King Wrote:Hernandez can play and I think he will be a factor for the Pirates this season. Is he Max Hernandez' brother or relative?

Little brother. A year younger, but the same build and height. Brother is a guard while max was a big man.
Powell should be a alright team i think that if skidmore goes out that should be good but really most of those players lack experience. Hernandez has been in his brothers shadow i have my doubts about that kid being any good.