Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 14 Hazard 9
Pikeville moves on to face Raceland at Raceland next week for a trip to Kroger Field!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Way to go Panthers ! Jetpilot is flying high.
Final.
Impressive season Panthers!!! Great Job!!
Congrats Pikeville
Very impressive. Congrats and good luck Panthers
Congrats to Panthers
Great game for these panthers
This win tonight was a testament to Coach Mac, his staff and these young men who wear Maroon! From a 1-4 start against a brutal first half schedule to a Region Title won on the road against a tough Hazard team took a tremendous amount of hard work from all the above mentioned! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Pikeville has hit its stride st the right time
Where are all the haters that kept saying Pikeville was overrated and ranked too high all year? Congrats Panthers.
Great game. Pikeville was cool and collective all night. Their defense battled tough in the red zone. Hazard drove most of the night on them but No points met except a field goal and a touchdown at the end. Pikeville exploited size mismatchs and won the battle. Pikeville converted several fourth downs and 3rd and Longs to continue drives. Pikeville is playing good at the right time. Congrats to Pikeville on a big win!!
Good to see the Panthers win tonight, especially after falling to Hazard earlier in the season.

My takeaways from the game:

- Penalties and interceptions killed Hazard's chances
- Pikeville defense has got to find a way to stop the run
- Pikeville offense seemed to balance the running game and passing game well, which eventually led to some big plays through the air. That touchdown pass was big time.

Also, a question: this is the first Pikeville game I've watched all season. What's up with their kicking? Seemed most kickoffs were onside or squib kicks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panthers! So proud of these boys! No one wanted to acknowledge what a tough schedule they’ve played, just wanted to look down their noses at the 4 losses. When it matters, they shut down the run (red zone). And the pass D, well I think they did pretty good.
Pikeville’s defense bent some tonight but when it came to the red zone they played great. Someone always made a play to stop Hazard. Time to celebrate this weekend then back to work. Raceland is a very good team that you will have to really prepare for.
Sounds like one heck of a game.
Congrats to Pikeville...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good season Dawgs !!!! Nice game Pikeville
What was the difference this game to the earlier match up?
How many seniors do Hazard and Pikeville have?
I've read that Pikeville only has 1 or 2 seniors on the team.

Playing on Thanksgiving Weekend in my what almost everyone assumed was a rebuilding season is impressive.
Pikeville has 2 seniors , one that starts.
Coach Booth Wrote:How many seniors do Hazard and Pikeville have?
Pikeville has 3 on roster. Two play. One has not been able to.
E's Army Wrote:What was the difference this game to the earlier match up?
Turnovers and Penalties
Congratulations Panthers!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This win tonight was a testament to Coach Mac, his staff and these young men who wear Maroon! From a 1-4 start against a brutal first half schedule to a Region Title won on the road against a tough Hazard team took a tremendous amount of hard work from all the above mentioned! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!

it most certainly did take a lot of hard work. some people don't realize just how tough hazard is. even without Smith in the backfield they make you give all you have and then some to beat them. big time win for The Panthers.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Turnovers and Penalties
What was the final stat line on TOs? Think was like 4 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries for Pikeville?
As I look back on this year, with all the great victories and success this young Panthers have had the one that stands out to me is when they let the young man from Harlan (Kyle Allison) have his dream come true is the greatest moment for me. Last night he was there in his Pikeville shirt cheering for his maroon brothers and at Williamsburg also. Winning this weekend against Raceland or the state championship will never to me be greater than that moment.
Life lessons! Great coaches not only instruct on football, but they make good citizens!! I will never forget that game either!
A lot of missed opportunities for the Bulldogs in this one and the Panthers capitalized on ever opportunity in front of them.

I think the Panthers have a great shot at winning next week.