Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 63 Waggener 26
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They scored more that Corbin did on us and Central fought down the stretch something Corbin didn’t do so yea i think they were clearly #2 team

We beat them already last year. We had youdown 17 at the half. I’ll give ya that they did let up after you got up two scores in the 4th.
Hound05 Wrote:We beat them already last year. We had youdown 17 at the half. I’ll give ya that they did let up after you got up two scores in the 4th.

Who cares it’s in the books I’m interested in this year
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Who cares it’s in the books I’m interested in this year

That’s fine, I’m with ya. This year! But that was a rebuttal to your post which was about the PAST. Hahah. Trust me I wanna forget it more than you do.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They scored more that Corbin did on us and Central fought down the stretch something Corbin didn’t do so yea i think they were clearly #2 team
I do not think so. Central never had the lead, scored more but it wasn't as close. And if I recall, Corbin beat Central last year. My definition of 'better than' may be different than yours, but when one team beats the other I think they are, better than. Had Corbin been on the other side, good chance they'd have put Central out. In 2014, Corbin again started out strong, and pulled the reigns back in the 2nd half vs Central (I was there), and Central came back. But Corbin had been the best team all night. A huge, crazy, most least likely play I've ever seen happened, and then a huge call against Corbin to give Central a chance with no time on the clock (the play was right in front of me)...But in the end, Central won the game so I'll stick with them being the better team, that year. Ref assist or not.

Either way, I don't agree with all the seeding. I think your final four this year should have been, Belfry/Corbin, Boyle/Central (maybe Central). But what if Etown proves to be a semi-finalist. Central is a big unknown to me this year. Every year they face tough competition, then breeze through whatever 3A schools they play, until they face a Corbin or Belfry. They breezed right through us for 3 years or so, first round...So I know them just as well, if not better, than anyone that isn't from Central. We go watch them play, almost every year, on a bye week, or, in past years when they have put us out of the playoff. They are hard to judge, just off of record. Seeing them firsthand is how I like to gauge them. This year, they are solid, but IMO, not as good as some of the other top 3, and not that much better, if any, than Etown. Definitely not better than Boyle. We'll find out about Belfry in just 5 days. I agree, Belfry and Central shouldn't be playing this early, but when 3A is pretty much LOADED with solid teams, that's just how it works out. If the intent was to stop a Belfry vs Central final, that is bad intent in my opinion. But I simply don't think that Central is the can't miss team that would for sure be there. And if they are the best, and Belfry beats them, it should be easy peasy for them their final 2 games. The seeding is all kindsa screwed up from who should be seeded where, to cross state matchups, etc..
smoke1015 Wrote:I do not think so. Central never had the lead, scored more but it wasn't as close. And if I recall, Corbin beat Central last year. My definition of 'better than' may be different than yours, but when one team beats the other I think they are, better than. Had Corbin been on the other side, good chance they'd have put Central out. In 2014, Corbin again started out strong, and pulled the reigns back in the 2nd half vs Central (I was there), and Central came back. But Corbin had been the best team all night. A huge, crazy, most least likely play I've ever seen happened, and then a huge call against Corbin to give Central a chance with no time on the clock (the play was right in front of me)...But in the end, Central won the game so I'll stick with them being the better team, that year. Ref assist or not.

Either way, I don't agree with all the seeding. I think your final four this year should have been, Belfry/Corbin, Boyle/Central (maybe Central). But what if Etown proves to be a semi-finalist. Central is a big unknown to me this year. Every year they face tough competition, then breeze through whatever 3A schools they play, until they face a Corbin or Belfry. They breezed right through us for 3 years or so, first round...So I know them just as well, if not better, than anyone that isn't from Central. We go watch them play, almost every year, on a bye week, or, in past years when they have put us out of the playoff. They are hard to judge, just off of record. Seeing them firsthand is how I like to gauge them. This year, they are solid, but IMO, not as good as some of the other top 3, and not that much better, if any, than Etown. Definitely not better than Boyle. We'll find out about Belfry in just 5 days. I agree, Belfry and Central shouldn't be playing this early, but when 3A is pretty much LOADED with solid teams, that's just how it works out. If the intent was to stop a Belfry vs Central final, that is bad intent in my opinion. But I simply don't think that Central is the can't miss team that would for sure be there. And if they are the best, and Belfry beats them, it should be easy peasy for them their final 2 games. The seeding is all kindsa screwed up from who should be seeded where, to cross state matchups, etc..

Thanks for your in sight but I’ll go with my opinion Corbin and Central played the second game of the year both teams was completely different at the end of the year Corbin played us as good as they could as soon as they meet adversity they feel apart like a soup sandwich Central was a good team they was probably about the same but Central didn’t give up the rest of it your probably right. Now I’m done talking about last year it’s about Belfry and Central now
Hound05 Wrote:We beat them already last year. We had youdown 17 at the half. I’ll give ya that they did let up after you got up two scores in the 4th.

It was 17-7 at the half.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Thanks for your in sight but I’ll go with my opinion Corbin and Central played the second game of the year both teams was completely different at the end of the year Corbin played us as good as they could as soon as they meet adversity they feel apart like a soup sandwich Central was a good team they was probably about the same but Central didn’t give up the rest of it your probably right. Now I’m done talking about last year it’s about Belfry and Central now

That's fine I will be there, cheering no one in particular. Already have my state tickets purchased as well. Will I get to see Belfry twice in one season? Time will tell. I feel my season was cut at least a game short, so I'm watching every game I can until the championship is decided.