•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Regional Championship: Belfry @ Louisville Central
#55PirateFan Wrote:About the same attitude and disrespect that Waggner had, see what it got them!

Belfry 49
Central 24

Our rushing attack hasn't been stopped all year and I don't think that will change this Friday. Go Pirates!

I don’t see it as a disrespect. I’m not slamming you or anything like that by thinking that. I’m just politely disagreeing with you. A lot of coaches would probably say the same thing. Now if they said “those little pampered, had everything handed to them, don’t know what struggle is, etc” I could see that. They’re just motivating their team. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. Prob could used better language but I wasn’t there so..... I’d also hope they do have an attitude that they could win, just as if hope belfry would. If you don’t.... well you all have seen teams come in knowing they can’t win and the outcome of the game. I’m glad they’re fired up, I hope belfry is fired up. It’ll make for a good game. Good luck guys. Be careful traveling. Trying to say this the best way possible, but outside of the stadium is a little sketchy, staff there have always treated us well.
Hound05 Wrote:I hope belfry is fired up. It’ll make for a good game. Good luck guys. Be careful traveling. Trying to say this the best way possible, but outside of the stadium is a little sketchy, staff there have always treated us well.

I'm sure they've pretty much planned on playing Central since the brackets came out. We all have saw it coming. I' sure our boys will be ready and hopefully Pond Creek will show up in full force like they did last year at Corbin.

Thanks for the well wishes and if all goes well, we may see ya on Pond Creek next week!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:You're not giving this Belfry team enough credit. They were up 21-6, took their foot off the gas a bit, lost a couple players and that allowed Waggener to get back into the game, they never took the lead. Belfry was up 28-20 at the half. The defense adjusted and in the second half they steamrolled The Wildcats.

Belfry is fine...I have no qualm about them scoring 63 points per game in the playoffs! haha

That Waggener team wasn’t that good. Waggener went punch for punch with them for a half. After belfry scores on the first play of second half. Waggener had a touchdown on fourth down and the kid dropped it or they’d have brought it back within one possession again. Belfry is good by all means, but this isn’t the team from last year. I think you can tell that by how much success Waggener had running the ball up the gut first half.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:That Waggener team wasn’t that good. Waggener went punch for punch with them for a half. After belfry scores on the first play of second half. Waggener had a touchdown on fourth down and the kid dropped it or they’d have brought it back within one possession again. Belfry is good by all means, but this isn’t the team from last year. I think you can tell that by how much success Waggener had running the ball up the gut first half.

No need to compare teams...this isn’t last year’s or the year before. It is a very good team and plenty enough good to win it all again IMO. Belfry could have hung 100 on Waggener if there was no running clock rule. Waggener got some yards, no big deal. All points count but 2 TDS we’re without 2 of Belfry’s players on the field and one TD and yardage was against the JV/freshman. Belfry will be ready come Friday. BTW Coach, just curious as to whom you coach?
Oh yes the night they went toe for toe against Danville they weren’t any good either, but that’s none of my business.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, hmm. Scroggins wouldn't have let that stuff go if he was still there.

You obviously haven't been to Central. The flowery language is profuse starting with the music on the loudspeaker.

Better cover your ears. Confusednicker:
Whatever Central does the first half, Belfry Will figured it out at halftime game over :Cheerlead

Belfry 45
Central 14
bucslover68 Wrote:No need to compare teams...this isn’t last year’s or the year before. It is a very good team and plenty enough good to win it all again IMO. Belfry could have hung 100 on Waggener if there was no running clock rule. Waggener got some yards, no big deal. All points count but 2 TDS we’re without 2 of Belfry’s players on the field and one TD and yardage was against the JV/freshman. Belfry will be ready come Friday. BTW Coach, just curious as to whom you coach?

Flag football at Pisrist
Belfry wins by score of 34-16
Cardfan1 Wrote:You obviously haven't been to Central. The flowery language is profuse starting with the music on the loudspeaker.

Better cover your ears. Confusednicker:

I don’t give crap about what Central says. They should be focusing on the game Friday
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh yes the night they went toe for toe against Danville they weren’t any good either, but that’s none of my business.

You really think that Waggener team is that good of a team? The Brent’s kid is. Stud, but outside of that they’re very average. All I’m saying is all I’ve seen is Belfry fans boast how this years team is better than last years, etc etc. I’ll give Belfry credit they’re a dang good team, but if they play Central the same way they did Waggener, Central will pull the upset. It’s a whole other atmosphere at Central.
Roll on Pirates
Belfry will win this game by 2 scores. On a side note, former Pirate Cole Bentley looked really good today for Louisville against Virginia. I believe that he locked up the starting guard position from here on out.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:You really think that Waggener team is that good of a team? The Brent’s kid is. Stud, but outside of that they’re very average. All I’m saying is all I’ve seen is Belfry fans boast how this years team is better than last years, etc etc. I’ll give Belfry credit they’re a dang good team, but if they play Central the same way they did Waggener, Central will pull the upset. It’s a whole other atmosphere at Central.

Hold up Nellie!!! Show me one post, one, where a Belfry fan has said this year’s
team is better...bet you can’t find one...this team is faster and quicker...they do lack that Big D line playmaker like Horton, but they sure can fly to the ball. BTW, Belfry gave up a few points to Waggener that Central didn’t, but the Big Red lit them up for 63 and it could have been worse. Central scored 28. And you still haven’t told me what school you coach or follow. BTW. Brents did squat against Belfry. The RB Jones was their best player last night.
Btw, Belfry and Central are the class of 3A and the toughest to handle in the playoffs. They have a lot of respect for each other and they play hard and have one of the best rivalries the last decade. Either team could win Friday night!
Central is scary good defensively, but their lack of a big playmaker on the offensive side will be their demise. Belfry pulls away late and the Belfry/Corbin rematch over Thanksgiving that we are all hoping for comes to fruition.
We're struggling a bit on the defensive front, I'll give some of you that but if you think for a minute that Central is going to stop Belfrys offensive from scoring then you don't know what your talking about. For a team to beat us this year their going to have to outscore us and I just don't see that happening. And before some of you get your panties in a wad that's just my opinion. And I agree with bucslover68, I don't recall any Belfry fan saying that this team is better than last year's. That's coming from some of you Trolls! I will say this, this year's team is averaging more points a game and more rushing/totals yards a game than we did last year. That's not saying we're better this year in anyway. In my honest opinion, I think last year's team had better individual talented players but I think this year's team is better as a whole unit, with the exception of our D-Line.
Will they have their injured starters back this week? #5 is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.
bcpc Wrote:Will they have their injured starters back this week? #5 is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.

Fields is fine, he returned to the game. I am not sure of the status of #5 Derrick Wellman. He did return to the sidelines after the half in full pads, but he never got back in the game. Honestly didn't need him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Central 28 Belfry 21
bcpc Wrote:Will they have their injured starters back this week? #5 is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.

All players will be locked and loaded ready to roll!
Belfry is pound and ground but get their points off big plays. They wear you out and make teams have to overload the box. Then bam they explode through a hole 64SUR could run through and go 50 yards for a touchdown. If teams don't sell out up front they walk it in to the endzone. They feed off other teams mistakes and lack of patience.
All i am saying is, fully expect Belfry to win this matchup. But, they need all their kids suited up and playing. If Wellman and Fields are out, this changes things quite a bit. hope they play, if we get by Powell I’m lookin forward to being at Cam... To be the best, you have to beat the best. Good luck to you guys in the Ville.
bcpc Wrote:All i am saying is, fully expect Belfry to win this matchup. But, they need all their kids suited up and playing. If Wellman and Fields are out, this changes things quite a bit. hope they play, if we get by Powell I’m lookin forward to being at Cam... To be the best, you have to beat the best. Good luck to you guys in the Ville.

From the post above from bucslover68, everyone is good and ready to go. Like I said, Fields returned to the game two plays after he went out and was very productive. Wellman was on the sidelines in full pads the second half, Belfry just didn't need him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fish sammich!! Someone make me one.
bcpc Wrote:All i am saying is, fully expect Belfry to win this matchup. But, they need all their kids suited up and playing. If Wellman and Fields are out, this changes things quite a bit. hope they play, if we get by Powell I’m lookin forward to being at Cam... To be the best, you have to beat the best. Good luck to you guys in the Ville.

Like I said everyone should be ready to roll come Friday night. Belfry has had a pretty good year injury wise , knock on wood, Braxton Miller breaking his hand has been the most serious, but he’s back and playing well.
bucslover68 Wrote:Like I said everyone should be ready to roll come Friday night. Belfry has had a pretty good year injury wise , knock on wood, Braxton Miller breaking his hand has been the most serious, but he’s back and playing well.

Man I’m Friday nights game and yes the only way they were in the game was with our linebackers were out or it would have got ugly early
Jarons Wrote:This game should not be a regional final.

Alot of teams get a 3rd round matchup thats tough almost every year. Imagine being a team like Owensboro Catholic, that wins their district every year. This year may be an exception as Murray is down, but most years they have to face top 8 type teams from 2nd round on. Murray, then Mayfield, then if they get by Mayfield, the winner of Desales/CAL in semis, then in the Championship either a Danville/NCC/LCA. Some teams have been fortunate to have an easier road, but thats why they are mixing it up. Unfortunately OCATH still has the same type road.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Alot of teams get a 3rd round matchup thats tough almost every year. Imagine being a team like Owensboro Catholic, that wins their district every year. This year may be an exception as Murray is down, but most years they have to face top 8 type teams from 2nd round on. Murray, then Mayfield, then if they get by Mayfield, the winner of Desales/CAL in semis, then in the Championship either a Danville/NCC/LCA. Some teams have been fortunate to have an easier road, but thats why they are mixing it up. Unfortunately OCATH still has the same type road.

If there going to mix it they need to do it a cross the board and it’s not i think it should be hard for everyone your playing for a Championship
killbilly usmc Wrote:Alot of teams get a 3rd round matchup thats tough almost every year. Imagine being a team like Owensboro Catholic, that wins their district every year. This year may be an exception as Murray is down, but most years they have to face top 8 type teams from 2nd round on. Murray, then Mayfield, then if they get by Mayfield, the winner of Desales/CAL in semis, then in the Championship either a Danville/NCC/LCA. Some teams have been fortunate to have an easier road, but thats why they are mixing it up. Unfortunately OCATH still has the same type road.

Totally agree with your point, except they left half the state out...really unfair. If you are gonna do 4 districts then do the other 4 as well. Not that hard.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next