• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Regional Championship: Belfry @ Louisville Central
Well, here we go! This is the matchup that the KHSAA setup to knockout one of the two teams, thus sending atleast one new team to Lexington in 2 weeks.

Belfry (11-1) will face off with well known rival Central (10-2) for the Region Championship. The winner will host the State Semi-Final.

Belfry has outscored their 2017 playoff opponents 126-52
Thomas Nelson - 63-26
Lou. Waggener - 63-26

Central has outscored their 2017 playoff opponents 100-0
Pike Central - 50-0
Floyd Central - 50-0

This is going to be an all out WAR!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big Red 35-20!!
As I said last week, I'll take a mountain team over a Louisville team any day. This is basically the state championship game. Go Pirates!
Westside Wrote:As I said last week, I'll take a mountain team over a Louisville team any day. This is basically the state championship game. Go Pirates!

I would'nt quite say its the State Championship game just yet. Outside of the Powell over Casey Co. upset, all the top teams in 3A are still in the mix to end up in Lexington in 2 weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Belfry plays like they did last night they’ll go home.
This game should not be a regional final.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:This game should not be a regional final.

We can all agree on that one...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoachNM0523 Wrote:If Belfry plays like they did last night they’ll go home.

You're not giving this Belfry team enough credit. They were up 21-6, took their foot off the gas a bit, lost a couple players and that allowed Waggener to get back into the game, they never took the lead. Belfry was up 28-20 at the half. The defense adjusted and in the second half they steamrolled The Wildcats.

Belfry is fine...I have no qualm about them scoring 63 points per game in the playoffs! haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pond creek nation is gonna "RAID" yellowjacket nation.
Belfry- 20
Lou. Central-12
BelfryPride Wrote:I would'nt quite say its the State Championship game just yet. Outside of the Powell over Casey Co. upset, all the top teams in 3A are still in the mix to end up in Lexington in 2 weeks.

You're right. Boyle is playing really well.
Westside Wrote:You're right. Boyle is playing really well.

Yep
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry is better offensively and Central has the better defense. Which team can enforce their will up front will win. Classic Belfry/Central game. Belfry by 3.
I'll go with Central at home. Hard place to go in and get the W.
Belfry needs to come out with more energy in the first half. The last three games they have not played well in the first quarter into the second. I like Belfry in this game.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry is better offensively and Central has the better defense. Which team can enforce their will up front will win. Classic Belfry/Central game. Belfry by 3.

Belfry's offense is explosive, they had two TD's in :58 seconds last night. You may win the Time of posession against Belfry but they score so fast....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zudith Wrote:Belfry needs to come out with more energy in the first half. The last three games they have not played well in the first quarter into the second. I like Belfry in this game.

There was a small falloff last night at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and Belfry was up 21-6. Wellman and Fields left the game with injuries and their offense woke up and had our defense on its heels for a few minutes. Fields returned to the game and Belfry still led at the half 28-20.

Belfry is just fine. Central is not as talented offensively as in the past, but their defense is tough against the run. They will be challenged to stop the run all night long because Belfry has three horses that will run, run and run some more. I think it will be a close game at the half and Belfry gets some breathing room in the third. As long as we hold onto the ball and there's no stupid penalties, I can see Belfry winning by 10-14 points
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ColtPride Wrote:Hard place to go in and get the W.

It's not the first time this season Belfry has been in a hostile environment in a true road game. This will be a hard fought game between two mutually good teams. The teams are not strangers at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
just 1-0 fri night
This will definitely be the game of the week at least in 3A. Boyle wins easily, E-Town has made me a believer tonight and I believe they move on. Corbin gets past Powell and I plan to go see this game and I'm going with the Champs until Central proves to me why I shouldn't.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:If Belfry plays like they did last night they’ll go home.

Based on?
Belfry gave up some yards and points against Waggener, but Central is no offensive juggernaut. Their D is solid and may definitely cause the Pirates some trouble. I stick with what I normally say...Belfry holds on to the ball and executes they win.
Belfry should win by 14-17 points, but Central is one of the toughest places in the state to get a win I don't think Central has enough offense to beat Belfry. On a side note Central will have some of the best food and hospitality you'll find anywhere.
Belfry
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I would LOVE to watch this game.. if it wasn’t @ Central.. I would. I’m not making a prediction, but all I can say is GO PIRATES.
Belfry fans- I’m not going to lie.. it was pretty sketchy outside of the stadium. Parking wise there is parking spots on the upper endzone side of the field (about 20) and there’s a one way street on the visitors side where you can park also, but you still have to walk around to the home side to get into the gate. Once you’re into the stadium the bathrooms/concession are on the away side. The people are very nice I thought. Good luck Belfry

(I got lost in Louisville)...:igiveup:
And to add a little fuel to the fire... the away and home locker rooms are right beside each other. After the game some of Centrals coaches were overheard saying “we owe Belfry one” “We owe those mother truckers a few” except the didn’t say truckers... and also “they’ll see how it taste next week” more things were said but not fit to repeat. There’s one thing about it we’ll see next week lol.
MountainBall44 Wrote:And to add a little fuel to the fire... the away and home locker rooms are right beside each other. After the game some of Centrals coaches were overheard saying “we owe Belfry one” “We owe those mother truckers a few” except the didn’t say truckers... and also “they’ll see how it taste next week” more things were said but not fit to repeat. There’s one thing about it we’ll see next week lol.

About the same attitude and disrespect that Waggner had, see what it got them!

Belfry 49
Central 24

Our rushing attack hasn't been stopped all year and I don't think that will change this Friday. Go Pirates!
I'll be in the Central crowd, eating a fish sandwich. I'd rather be playing, but at least I won't have to work, just sit back and relax. I'll tell anyone, with 100% honesty, whether this was 'the state championship game' or not...
MountainBall44 Wrote:And to add a little fuel to the fire... the away and home locker rooms are right beside each other. After the game some of Centrals coaches were overheard saying “we owe Belfry one” “We owe those mother truckers a few” except the didn’t say truckers... and also “they’ll see how it taste next week” more things were said but not fit to repeat. There’s one thing about it we’ll see next week lol.

Well, hmm. Scroggins wouldn't have let that stuff go if he was still there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 1(current)
  • Next