Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 55 Todd County Central 00
Final :Cheerlead
Congrats to Mayfield.
what has happened to all of the Mayfield fans? Have they gone back to the dark side?
What's to discuss we played a team that was not as good as us a lot of our varsity players got rest our younger players did great now we move on to week two congrats to Todd for a great season and playing us to there ability GO CARDS
This is what I would say.

First, sorry for the young men from Todd Co Cent for the way their year ended. However, they showed a lot of heart in playing to the best of their abilities until the final buzzer.

Second, this is the first time in a long time that I remember our jv actually winning their portion in a convincing manner.

Third, glad to see the boys back in black. That is huge considering that we have never lost a game in the black jerseys. We unveiled them in the playoffs of 2009 and still have never lost a game in those jerseys.
Wait a minute, I have to add to that. Where are all those who were trashing us for our schedule earlier this year. First Union City, still in playoffs. Hopkinsville, went on the road and still in the playoffs. PT, convincingly still in the playoffs. McCracken Co, still in the playoffs. Graves Co, fought hard for one half but, done. Corbin, still in playoffs. Murray, still in playoffs. Caldwell Co, still in playoffs. I suspect Union City, McCracken, Corbin and Caldwell well still be in playoffs next week too. I also think that Murray and Hopkinsville will not go quietly into the night.
No problems with Mayfield's schedule. They have always been a want some get some type.
I'd give Tilghman a small chance at winning this week. Hoptown has a 50/50 chance of beating Logan County. Murray will get beat badly, and I'd say Mccracken, and Caldwell both have a game On their hands this week. I think Caldwell survives, and Mccracken is a 50/50. On this game nothing to be said. It went how everyone expected it to go. Mayfield schedule isn't as weak as some would like to believe.
Mayfield played about everybody with a pulse in their part of the state. Plus Corbin and Union City.
Killbilly you may be wrong about Murray. I think it will be a game.
My sense is MF fans are quietly optimistic about this postseason. They aren't saying much, but it's not due to a lack of confidence.
mysonis55 Wrote:Killbilly you may be wrong about Murray. I think it will be a game.

Ocath by running clock. Owensboro Catholic is a better team than they looked early in the year. I think Ocath is dangerous partly because they are good, but also because everyone is overlooking them. Wouldn't be surprised if Mayfield has there hands full with them. You will see Friday when they run the clock.
Once again, you are getting caught up in the smoke and mirrors. It's easy to be playing better when the competition gets worse. Just because they look smooth don't mean a lot unless you look at what they are spreading that butter on.
mysonis55 Wrote:Once again, you are getting caught up in the smoke and mirrors. It's easy to be playing better when the competition gets worse. Just because they look smooth don't mean a lot unless you look at what they are spreading that butter on.

Sorry i was unaware South Warren is weak competition. I thought a 5 point loss to a team that handled Graves fairly easily showed they can play ball. Most are picking South to beat Christian, so apparantly people think they have a good team, so i would have to consider OCATH a pretty good team to.
mysonis55 Wrote:This is what I would say.

First, sorry for the young men from Todd Co Cent for the way their year ended. However, they showed a lot of heart in playing to the best of their abilities until the final buzzer.

Second, this is the first time in a long time that I remember our jv actually winning their portion in a convincing manner.

Third, glad to see the boys back in black. That is huge considering that we have never lost a game in the black jerseys. We unveiled them in the playoffs of 2009 and still have never lost a game in those jerseys.

Just a correction on the year... it was 2011 when we got the black jerseys. Still doesn’t change the fact that we haven’t lost a home playoff game since 2009...
I think you will be disappointed this evening mysonis55. I'm hearing Red Jersey with Black Pants.

Black jerseys may be back next week with white pants, but I think they are saving Black on Black for Thanksgiving week.