Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of the Top Qb in your area
Maybe nobody cares but for those who live on the KY/WV border Jeremy Dillon is a beast. So far this year he has thrown for 2150 yards and 33 TD, 2 INT, and rushed for 647 yards and added another 9 scores on the ground. He has to be one of the Top QB'S in the Southern WV, Virginia, and Kentucky area
redstone1127 Wrote:If you have seen Bailey Blair from Hazard play I don’t see how he’s not on the list.
He and Sizemore are the best I’ve seen.
Blair is a quick dangerous runner and accurate on the run.

Blair is an excellent QB. Put him up there with anyone in the mountains. I'm looking forward to watching Jake Hyden grow at Paintsville. As a freshman he has done an outstanding job for the Tigers.
cherokee Wrote:Ratings according to qb calculator rating on the above mentioned qb's

Sizemore 128.7
Marinelli 122.4
Stinson 119.5
Worley 114
Wilson 113.2
Jones 111.3
Jaggers 110
Stacey 108.1
Fultz 105.9
Boone 100.2
Poore 99.27

Honestly the ratings are worthless. Smaller schools play worst teams than big schools in district play. Its just a numbers game. Hence, what might look like an average 6A QB is probably better than a good 1 or 2 A player.
smoke1015 Wrote:I was wondering how good that kid was. We'll have a battle of QBs this Friday then. Casey's JR Qb, Austin Campbell has over 2000 yards, 300 rushing, 19 TD passes, and 4 TD runs. He is averaging about 240 yards per game through the air, a lot in 3 quarter games cause our schedule (other than Corbin) hasn't been great either, but that can work for, and against. I think our biggest struggle through the air was against 6A Jtown, and they were actually not good at all, just had an off game passing it. Your QB has an amazing completion %.

He has an accurate arm. He isn't very big, at 5"10 170 pounds. Morgan has played an extremely weak schedule, and his completion % comes from the quick hitters in Morgan's offense. He sat out the last game due to a concession. I assume he will be back for the playoff game against you guys, but don't look for it to be much of a game. Our defense is terrible. Michael Prater #12 is an extremely gifted athlete and can make some plays, but I look for this game to be over with quick.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Honestly the ratings are worthless. Smaller schools play worst teams than big schools in district play. Its just a numbers game. Hence, what might look like an average 6A QB is probably better than a good 1 or 2 A player.

Agree
cherokee Wrote:Ratings according to qb calculator rating on the above mentioned qb's

Sizemore 128.7
Marinelli 122.4
Stinson 119.5
Worley 114
Wilson 113.2
Jones 111.3
Jaggers 110
Stacey 108.1
Fultz 105.9
Boone 100.2
Poore 99.27

Based on that same formula what is the kid from Morgan Co rating? Thanks
Fighter09 Wrote:Based on that same formula what is the kid from Morgan Co rating? Thanks

Garrett Adkins QB Morgan County Rating 138.5
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Honestly the ratings are worthless. Smaller schools play worst teams than big schools in district play. Its just a numbers game. Hence, what might look like an average 6A QB is probably better than a good 1 or 2 A player.

Unless that QB plays for Mayfield know what I mean :1:
Joseph Cambron ( Daviess County) 9 int 174/317 3279 yd passing 43Td 1Td rushing

:truestory:
For what Belfry does with all the reads I’ll take Browning we don’t throw a lot but half of his passes has went for TD’s.
For running and passing I’d take Sizemore great kid and a great football player
Reed Lanter QB@Boyle County
He is only a sophomore.
123-183 (68%) 1850 yards. 19 TD 3 int. 127.9 QB rating
He has only played 1st half in 3 of last 4 games due to blowout leads. Don't give him time to survey the field or it's over!
Beau Allen (Soph) at Lexington Catholic is the best in CKY and probably the most talented in the state. He has an offer from UK and has taken visits all over the US, apparently.

175-275 2,257 yards, 25 TDs 8 INTs
Lex Cath kid is good. Boyle Co. kid is good. May not have the stats to match up to those but Linsey from Wayne is a playmaker with his arm and legs. He makes Wayne a matchup nightmare for defenses.
oldschool77 Wrote:Lex Cath kid is good. Boyle Co. kid is good. May not have the stats to match up to those but Linsey from Wayne is a playmaker with his arm and legs. He makes Wayne a matchup nightmare for defenses.

Who all is recruiting Linsey ?
Card4Lyfe Wrote:QB from Wayne moved in freshman year but in your defense Wayne also had a pretty solid QB as a middle schooler who I believe started QB his freshman year and now plays the slot

Really! Wow so this kid has to be something special if he was able to pass up that other kid as QB. That kid in 7th grade was the starting 8th grade QB and looked to be something special at the position. This is saying a lot from what I saw of that kid years ago.
Fighter09 Wrote:He has an accurate arm. He isn't very big, at 5"10 170 pounds. Morgan has played an extremely weak schedule, and his completion % comes from the quick hitters in Morgan's offense. He sat out the last game due to a concession. I assume he will be back for the playoff game against you guys, but don't look for it to be much of a game. Our defense is terrible. Michael Prater #12 is an extremely gifted athlete and can make some plays, but I look for this game to be over with quick.

We also took a weaker schedule, other than district play with a mediocre Bell team, a 'should have been' decent McCreary team, and an exceptional Corbin team. Hope you guys have your QB and we have a good, non injury game. Wish they weren't giving rain but maybe it'll hold off.
Eli Sammons, Sophomore from Greenup County. Leads 4A in completions, second in passing yards and TDs.
Thanks for Qb information from your area :worthy:
NoPicks Wrote:Eli Sammons, Sophomore from Greenup County. Leads 4A in completions, second in passing yards and TDs.

He is a stud!
pjdoug Wrote:Why has Kentucky or no other big name school offered him ?

Can't comment on that. Could possibly be that AJ has already verbally committed to Miami. Maybe AJ is not interested. I know UK has looked at Mayer. Maybe he will end up going there? Regardless....AJ Mayer is the hands down best QB in the state this year and it's not really debatable.
oldschool77 Wrote:Lex Cath kid is good. Boyle Co. kid is good. May not have the stats to match up to those but Linsey from Wayne is a playmaker with his arm and legs. He makes Wayne a matchup nightmare for defenses.

Actually Linsey's numbers will match up. These are not exact numbers. He has over 2100 yards passing and over 400 rushing. He has 24 TD's vs. 7 int. He is the real deal. Super hard working and a great kid and student.
smoke1015 Wrote:Really! Wow so this kid has to be something special if he was able to pass up that other kid as QB. That kid in 7th grade was the starting 8th grade QB and looked to be something special at the position. This is saying a lot from what I saw of that kid years ago.

The kid you are talking about is Stetson Simpson. Linsey moved to Wayne as a freshman. Simpson started his freshman year in front of Linsey. Linsey won the job their sophomore year.

I have huge respect for Simpson. While I'm sure he was upset he took it like a man and never showed any signs. Simpson moved to receiver. Linsey was hurt in the opening game. Simpson started the second game and threw 4 TD's and was the Cumberland Valley Bowl offensive MVP. The next week Linsey started and back to back Region championships followed.
But Simpson was rewarded for his selflessness. He is Wayne County's leading receiver with 12 TD's and 748 yards. Simpson will have several offers to continue his career.

Coach Thompson made the right choice for both players and it was not easy. Simpson is a special receiver and Linsey is a special QB. I think it is a neat unknown story ( outside Wayne County) that shows Coach Thompson's ability to lead and indication to how this whole team is dedicated to being a special TEAM.
pjdoug Wrote:Who all is recruiting Linsey ?

Most all local NAIA schools are recruiting him. EKU is showing significant interest.
Lorenzo Linsey from Wayne County is the best dual threat QB in the state. If any QB in this class succeds at the next level , it will be him. That kid is a beast.
Go_big_red Wrote:Lorenzo Linsey from Wayne County is the best dual threat QB in the state. If any QB in this class succeds at the next level , it will be him. That kid is a beast.

I'll gladly take that bet.
Woodsman Wrote:Can't comment on that. Could possibly be that AJ has already verbally committed to Miami. Maybe AJ is not interested. I know UK has looked at Mayer. Maybe he will end up going there? Regardless....AJ Mayer is the hands down best QB in the state this year and it's not really debatable.
The reason he hasn't received any other D1 offers isn't because he's not "interested". If he's as good as advertised, D1 schools are going to offer him. That's a fact and "not really debatable".
How familiar are you with his recruiting progress? Has he been talking to any other schools? Have they visited practice? Have they watched him play? Have they talked with his family? His coaches? You clearly don't know the answers to these questions and that's a non-debatable fact! You can deflect with whatever issue you choose. The FACT remains....AJ Mayer is the best 2017 Qb in the state of Kentucky.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:For what Belfry does with all the reads I’ll take Browning we don’t throw a lot but half of his passes has went for TD’s.
For running and passing I’d take Sizemore great kid and a great football player

You know I never even considered the belfry QB. But what you said is 100% true. Your offense from a QB standpoint takes a lot of football knowledge. A lot of kids can hand the ball off or throw it but to make those reads you have to have some skill. And I agree he does a great job. I’d have to say if we ran your offense I’d take your QB as well. It’s hurts me to say that, not because it’s belfry, but because Sizemore is just so freaking tough and the kid has heart. But for our offense I wouldn’t trade the kid for anyone in the state, some may do things a little better but there isn’t a QB out there that is tougher than this kid
Woodsman Wrote:How familiar are you with his recruiting progress? Has he been talking to any other schools? Have they visited practice? Have they watched him play? Have they talked with his family? His coaches? You clearly don't know the answers to these questions and that's a non-debatable fact! You can deflect with whatever issue you choose. The FACT remains....AJ Mayer is the best 2017 Qb in the state of Kentucky.
Nobody's saying he isn't the best in the state. I'm just saying if he's good enough , he will get D1 offers and it won't be because he isn't interested. Take it easy.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Nobody's saying he isn't the best in the state. I'm just saying if he's good enough , he will get D1 offers and it won't be because he isn't interested. Take it easy.

Absolutely! Have not seen that fail over the years if they are good enough, they will find them! :welcome: