Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset player ruled inelgible
I see the thread has been started. I knew people would eventually get tired of talking off topic on other threads. Although this thread was created for good intentions, it wont stay that way. People will begin to post defamatory remarks about people and other schools. The only thing to be said to this is it is wrong. Whoever started this situation from Southwestern did so because their feelings got hurt. Nothing more and nothing less. The KHSAA allowed this to happen and continue on because they believe their vetting process to clear a player is perfect. However, nothing can be further from the truth. They end up hurting a lot of innocent athletes at cost of trying to appear to bigger than common sense. This whole situation is ridiculous.
A kid has 9 grades to choose what high school they wish to play for, after that sorry but some sort of consequences should be observed.
Fault is at the adults alright, the ones who invite kids out of their district into their school districts recruiting. Khsaa allows kids to transfer when rules aren't broken therefore some rule must've been violated. They don't just punish kids to punish them

If a kid wants to play for a certain school be prepared to sit one calendar year point blank
So if you work at a job for 9 years and you decided this wasn't the job for you, or you wanted to make a change in your life to try better yourself or even if you wanted a less stressful job. What if you had a board telling you, you cant change. I can understand most do it for sports and most parents thinks little johnny is the best player but throughout my working career I've had to change jobs. I'm sure glad I didn't have a board telling me I cannot switch.
If you wish to compare those two scenarios we can't discuss this topic any further, just doesn't relate.
Like I said adults meddling with kids at other schools is the problem.
There has to be some sort of rules or just open recruitment and say bye to high school sports
Let's keep this one on THIS topic. Side conversations about similar situations need to have their own thread.

Better me deliver the news rather than that mean ole' Granny Bear......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think its ridiculous that he had his eligibility pulled hours before kick off. Tough to defend breaking a kids dreams of playing the season like that.
Temporary restraining orders are just hat, temporary. It plainly states in order to extend it, good cause must be presented or the adversary agrees to the extension. It is basically the fault of whomever filed for the TRO to begin with, to monitor expiration date and time and file for appropriate extensions if needed. Bad situation all the way around it sounds like.
When I saw that this thread had started, I went to a couple of folks that I trusted from the area to get part of the back story.

As I thought, this is a fluid situation and is on going in the courts.

With that in mind, and the fact that the student athlete was referenced to by name in the article, this thread is done.

Please if anyone sees any other postings about this in any other thread, drop me a PM.

Thank you.

Mean Ole Granny BearWink