Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Sophmores or freshman going to help out their teams next year?
Anybody know anything on Sophmores or Freshman for next season, who really didn't play a whole lot this year but will be seeing some time next year?  :pirateshoot:
Well I know Owsley County has 7 or 8 sophmores coming up and a Freshman who got alot of playing time as a 8 grader this past season. 
i think brittani mcCoy will be for sheldon clark high. she has came off the bench and outscore most of the starters. if you give her the ball on the 3 its going in i don't care if you are in her face. i think that she will be the best.
Jc has alot of freshman and sophmores coming up they will prolly get alot more playing time.
Shelby Valley's Kayla Cantrell and Laura Perkins are only freshmen.  Sally Roberts, Courtney Smallwood, Kayla Smallwood, and Courtney Sadler are all sophomores who will contribute much to the SV program next season.
MC has a 5 freshman that as sophmores, will see a lot of playing time. The more time you get the better you get.
Belfry has 4 sophmores comin up next year
Tierra Baker from Letcher Central is probably one of the best freshman in the mountains..  She is going to be however good she wants to be, the sky is the limit for her.  She has been a key player in the strong Letcher Central team, winners of the 14th region tournament..  Baker was voted an All 14th Region player her freshman year in HS, what an honor.  I expect to see great things come of her in the future.  Remember that name, in a couple years it's going to be a common name in the mountains.
YES ASHLEY HALL FROM MC IS THE BAEST SOPHMORE THERE WILL EVER BE\
[quote author=hornets52 link=topic=20728.msg212461#msg212461 date=1142532333]
YES ASHLEY HALL FROM MC IS THE BAEST SOPHMORE THERE WILL EVER BE\

[/quote]

ashley should have stared as a freshman all year she rly made an impact in some important games she is a beast....
Freshman at Belfry saw hardly no time unless it was a blow out this year but have not been beat in JV all year! They are really good and play great together and very fun to watch, I caught a couple games this year but the best ones had to be the MC and ER game. MC they wasn't playing too good but they came together and pulled it out. ER played about their whole varsity team beside 2 or 3 and still lost. Also in that game a lot nice moves.
GOOD JOB GIRLS, STEP UP ON VARSITY NEXT YEAR!! We all look foward to see you playing.
Knott Central has quiet a few sophmore's to be that made an impact alot this year!!!
BL has a lot of young talent coming up
I'm sure in Sheldon Clark Coach Robin Newsome's eyes there will be tons of outstanding Freshmen and Sophomores. She gives nearly all of her sophomores too much attention in hopes of trying to "rebuild" and forgetting about last year's sophomores that she built up. This years juniors and seniors will see nearly zero clock.
BL prolly has a very good young team...they have 3 sophmores and 4 freshman, they also have a very good 8th grade guard...they will help out the 3 juniors, but no seniors...they will do better than what is expected
JC has the best sophmores hands down. Meek, Salyers, Salyer, and Wireman are going to dominate the region pretty soon.
Just wait until you watch Merrissa Pruitt from Belfry,she will amaze you with her skills.I would say she is the best pure shooter in the region,and leaps real well,along with Jonda Whitt a soph,shoots well also.Meghan Staten will see plenty of action as a freshman,her ball skills are for real.
well for estill rader you know will always see time just cause the coach and her family must be good friends rader is not that good of a ball player for powell i know most of the freshmen will see time like steive roger seen time in the varstiy game this saturday so did meghan mays and kendra mcfarolin started saturday kasey reed will see some playin time before long and maybe evan cassie banks is a really good ball player if she steps up her game she will be playin varsity by next year
basicly Pike Centrals team is made of freshman and sophmores and alot of grade schools girls all of whom will play a big part in this season
Pike Central has a bunch of talent that are freshman and soph's. To name a few Abby Coleman,Kayla Pennington,Oliva Hamilton,Brianna Hattmaker are soph's,Freshman Kayla Ratliff,Jamie Mullins,Hannah Thopmson,Holly Harris.I forgot A.D. Slone seems like she should be more than a sophmore,but these girls will make PCC tough for a few more years.
Also if LB (Taylor Brown's lil sis) would play instead of cheer she would help them
Merissa Pruitt and Jonda Whitt (two soph. at Belfry) will put you in shock. These girls are absolutely amazing together. I've never in my life see two girls click as good as they do. Didn't get much time as they should've as freshman but just wait these girls are the future for Belfry.
Lawrence County has a lot of youth on their team...i think they only have three seniors and no juniors...and i've heard one senior is out with an injury.
I think sophmore Kelsey Simpson of Russell will be a force at 6'3.
By the time Kendra Mcfarland and Stevie Rogers of Powell along with all their other young players who get alot of experience at a young age will be some of the top players in the region.
Big Dirty #4 Wrote:By the time Kendra Mcfarland and Stevie Rogers of Powell along with all their other young players who get alot of experience at a young age will be some of the top players in the region.

I AGREE
:flame: Lawrence County has some sophmores and freshmen that did not get a whole lot of playing time last season that will do wonders if they get the playing time that they deserve this season.....GO DAWGS:Cheerlead
Betsy Laynes freshman
powell co has a good young talented young group of freshmen and sophomores.
Shelby Barnett From powell