Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Alignment
Anyone have a link or know the playoff bracketing in each class. I've heard the KHSAA re-aligned this year. Example District 1 plays District 3 rather than District 2 as previous years.
Nothing has really realigned, the khsaa is just going to a cross bracketing thing this year. I expect it won't stick around forever.
I think what started this was the powers to be in lville whining about playing each other early in the playoffs. For example, st. X and trinity meeting in a region finals or semi state instead of the actual title game.
Then the dominoes fell and now just about all classes are. If you search on khsaa.org, you'll find the chart that list the play off settings this year and next.
I'll try to post it when I get home this afternoon.

I do know in 5A, districts 4 and 5 swapped.
Cov cath would.meet bowling green in the semi state instead of championship game so it has backfired in 5A this year as a team from the east in 5A will be in Lexington that has no business being there.
They're making sure there's no "Belfry vs. Central" in the title game lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:They're making sure there's no "Belfry vs. Central" in the title game lol

More or less.
But if they're worried about the same teams making it to the title game over and over they need to scrap 6 classes and go to 5 and make the big boy privates play by themselves.
I think the Belfry Central title game is almost a tradition now. Although I'd love to magic my way into the title game between either 2 teams. It does, at this point, feel like if you don't have a Belfry vs Central matchup (class of culture is always awesome), we've missed something. But Lord with the Boyle counties, Corbin showing strong, nothing is written in stone the next 2 years. If Boyle's super sophomore class matures accordingly...plus they have a crazy good incoming freshman team next year.
runitupthegut Wrote:more or less.
But if they're worried about the same teams making it to the title game over and over they need to scrap 6 classes and go to 5 and make the big boy privates play by themselves.

amen
Ike Cooter Wrote:Anyone have a link or know the playoff bracketing in each class. I've heard the KHSAA re-aligned this year. Example District 1 plays District 3 rather than District 2 as previous years.

https://khsaa.org/adjusted-football-alig...8-seasons/

https://khsaa.org/regional-football-cross-bracketing/
Breakout privates in every class. I'm tired of everyone pretending this system isn't broke.
This format is the most messed up thing the KHSAA has ever came up with. Why is every class different.
1A- has the same districts playing each other so no change there.

2A, 3A and 4A D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D5, and D3 VS D6. also with this fromat D4 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D3 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

5A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D3 VS D5, and D4 VS D6. District 5 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D4 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

6A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D6, and D3 VS D5. District 4 and 8 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but District 3 and 2 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

From what I have read this is only a 2 year thing. but what are the benefits from this train wreck. seems like some districts are getting the shaft.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This format is the most messed up thing the KHSAA has ever came up with. Why is every class different.

2A, 3A and 4A D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D5, and D3 VS D6. also with this fromat D4 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D3 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

5A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D3 VS D5, and D4 VS D6. District 5 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but D4 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

6A- D1 VS D2, and D7 VS D8 just like any other year but Districts 3,4,5,6 are different with D4 VS D6, and D3 VS D5. District 4 and 8 can not host a semi final game the first two seasons, but District 3 and 2 can host it back to back if they make it that far.

From what I have read this is only a 2 year thing. but what are the benefits from this train wreck. seems like some districts are getting the shaft.

It's different because of the whiners.
Sad part is, the whiners are the teams who are usually winning it.
It don't brother me about the new alignment for the better football teams it just brothers me that some of the schools are going to drive 4 or 5 hours to have a running clock put on them
BelfryPride Wrote:They're making sure there's no "Belfry vs. Central" in the title game lol

Belfry and Central will make sure of that .
I believe I seen that next year (2018) Boyle and Belfry will be in the same region.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This format is the most messed up thing the KHSAA has ever came up with. Why is every class different.

The KHSAA did this several years back and then went back to the old way. It's a bad idea to have teams shifting regions every year. It makes it hard to promote your sport when there is no consistency and you could be the champion of Region 2 one year and Region 3 the next.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Breakout privates in every class. I'm tired of everyone pretending this system isn't broke.

Who are the 'breakout privates' in class 1A and 4A?

Also I think it is a bit of a stretch to call Lex Cath a breakout.