Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 38 Pikeville 26
Final.

Very very good game. Both teams played lights out til the very end!
Most definitely the best game in the Mountains
Pikeville wanted this game and left it all on the field. New QB changed this offense quite a bit. Pikeville threw some picks but no fumbles like before. There was one but Pikeville fell back on it. I like to see the Panthers use some more depth because they have the kids for it.

Hazard still adjusting without Smith and looking pretty good. I do expect the I-form to come back a little more but I could be wrong. Hazard has to cut out being their own worst enemy and giving good teams extra yards and getting them closer in scoring. It will get you beat eventually.
Cant wait to see the Paintsville/Hazard matchup
Pikeville had one fumble on the one yard line that was very costly but that wasn't the only problem the defense had a bad night Hazard offense did just about what the wanted to do. Pikeville has to get to basics on defense and start making their reads and tackle a lot better.Congrats to Hazard but hopefully This match up will happen again great game
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville had one fumble on the one yard line that was very costly but that wasn't the only problem the defense had a bad night Hazard offense did just about what the wanted to do. Pikeville has to get to basics on defense and start making their reads and tackle a lot better.Congrats to Hazard but hopefully This match up will happen again great game

I almost forgot.. it was a hard hitting game. I would love to see two replays from game. The hit that the hazard player took on one catch and the play where the Pikeville defender should of been down but made it all the way down to the 23.
This sounded like a tight game at the half. Congrats to Hazard on the victory.
Good game !! Love the Dawgs !
Congrats to Hazard.
swampdonkey Wrote:Cant wait to see the Paintsville/Hazard matchup

Still can't talk about that one quite yet swamp! Another week and I think it may be ok!!
bac2369 Wrote:I almost forgot.. it was a hard hitting game. I would love to see two replays from game. The hit that the hazard player took on one catch and the play where the Pikeville defender should of been down but made it all the way down to the 23.
Watched the replay. The Pikeville receiver was on top of the DB and his hand hit ground but not his knees, etc so he was still a live player. Not sure which Hazard catch you mean. Definitely was a good game though!
I watched the game on WYMT (thanks WYMT). Pikeville would NOT stop. They were in Hazard's face all night!! Great effort by both teams.

Hazard is their own worst enemy! Way too many personal foul penalties! Some of those penalties, just because you are mad, may cost them a game in the future.
Pikeville is sooo young. As young as they are if they had Battaile and were playing at home think of how different the games vs Hazard and Paintsville would have been. The gap is very small, keep working hard Panthers and :1: is in your future.
Gruesome schedule with LCA, Paintsville, Belfry and Hazard and 3 of them on the road with most of these guys having no experience. Wait and see :1:
PHSForever Wrote:Watched the replay. The Pikeville receiver was on top of the DB and his hand hit ground but not his knees, etc so he was still a live player. Not sure which Hazard catch you mean. Definitely was a good game though!

I got to see it and heck of a play to know he wasn't down. The catch was by #24 that the Pikeville player absolutely laid him out but he got back up after a few seconds on the ground. Flag was thrown on the play too.
Way to go Bulldogs.
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville wanted this game and left it all on the field. New QB changed this offense quite a bit. Pikeville threw some picks but no fumbles like before. There was one but Pikeville fell back on it. I like to see the Panthers use some more depth because they have the kids for it.

Hazard still adjusting without Smith and looking pretty good. I do expect the I-form to come back a little more but I could be wrong. Hazard has to cut out being their own worst enemy and giving good teams extra yards and getting them closer in scoring. It will get you beat eventually.

Will Smith be back this year?
pjdoug Wrote:Will Smith be back this year?

I doubt it.. it be 9 weeks at the finals.
bac2369 Wrote:I got to see it and heck of a play to know he wasn't down. The catch was by #24 that the Pikeville player absolutely laid him out but he got back up after a few seconds on the ground. Flag was thrown on the play too.
Saw that one too. Hard his with the shoulder pads to the back of the othernplayers shoulder pads. Clean. I don't know why the flag was thrown. When it first happened I thought maybe he got his helmet, but on film, he didn't. Bang bang play, and actually I don't have a problem with the flag in situations like that. I DO wish there was a way for HS officials to review plays like that, because the penalties are very costly in tight games. But I will never fault officials for erring on the side of caution with regards to player safety.
I agree with bac2369 was a good hit but when it's on the field it's hard not to call
I always fault the officials. It's what I do. Smile

I just cannot get over the grit and determination from both of these teams. When Pikeville got down, they didn't hang their heads, but came back at Hazard with grit and determination

I LOVE seeing games like this from mountain kids.
PHSForever Wrote:Saw that one too. Hard his with the shoulder pads to the back of the othernplayers shoulder pads. Clean. I don't know why the flag was thrown. When it first happened I thought maybe he got his helmet, but on film, he didn't. Bang bang play, and actually I don't have a problem with the flag in situations like that. I DO wish there was a way for HS officials to review plays like that, because the penalties are very costly in tight games. But I will never fault officials for erring on the side of caution with regards to player safety.

There was a couple plays like that a flag was thrown. I couldn't see for sure on the big hit but I dang well heard it. Plus does High school have the defenseless player rule?
I don't knew if high school has the defenseless receiver rule or not but even if they do it's going to the head or neck area or leading with your head I maybe wrong on that but not sure
I also agree with granny bear was a great game from both teams and both teams had to pick their selves up and played their hearts out love to watch games like that even the players would pat the other team on the helmet with good sportsmanship when they made a good hit or good play
I think it will be different the next time anyway with the quarterback change they made if the defense gets settled in which they are still changing players around there too
bac2369 Wrote:There was a couple plays like that a flag was thrown. I couldn't see for sure on the big hit but I dang well heard it. Plus does High school have the defenseless player rule?
Yes, since Ky follows NFHS rules, they have the defenseless player rule. Not too sure about how it is worded though, because the way it is worded, any receiver who has just caught a pass technically can't be tackled until they clearly establish themselves as a runner. I think a red who may be wanting to be a nitpicker against a team could be technically within the rules by flagging such a hit/tackle and justify it, but I'd prefer common sense to rule in such situations. Keep in mind, I'm NOT saying the ref was flagging for or against any team but the potential is there. I think it needs to be clarified a little better in the example they give. In reading the rule, TECHNICALLY the Pikeville player did commit a personal foul. Realistically, it was a good hard hit and tackle.
I agree but didn't no they had that rule and I didn't blame the official like you said it was a bang bang play