Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 49 Bell County 28
Final
Casey was everyone's homecoming for years and years. Not going to beat Corbin but very happy to see them playing well and winning some big games. Not Bell of old I know but still nice to see. Good Job Stoney
I figured this.......
I truly think that our ILB, AJ Glenn is one of the top 3 ILB's in 3A football. Kid is one of the best open field tacklers I've ever seen as well. Kickoff, he makes the tackle at least 75% of the time. It's uncanny. But this still isn't the Bell teams of old. Not sure if they are close to that yet. Happily, I can also say the vice/versa for Casey, not the same old teams of old. Winning mentality has been implanted, along with a really good offense. Bell will be a handful for us next year, and did some nice things tonight on both sides of the ball. I think they got tired late .
Casey may be the most improved team in the state over the last 3 years.
F.N.L. Wrote:Casey may be the most improved team in the state over the last 3 years.

Gotta be one of the tops as far as where the program has went. Had the workers here developing youth league and middle school. Then we got a real offensive mastermind over there calling offensive plays.
God game for 31/2 quarters. Casey is a average team and we are not average. Looking at Casey schedule, they have Not beats team with a winning record. Very weak schedule will give you a false high.. Bell has been the best team Casey has played and again, we are not that good. 2 years from now, we will make a run at it.. Casey opponents have won a total of 7 games (5 teams).
Don't know what to think of this post^. Seems like you need to tuck your tail Bobcat. Not very classy, why Down an opponent that jus beat ya? They came to your house, rung that Bell, beat Dud! Casey did that! Give them credit, don't call them average.
bcpc Wrote:Don't know what to think of this post^. Seems like you need to tuck your tail Bobcat. Not very classy, why Down an opponent that jus beat ya? They came to your house, rung that Bell, beat Dud! Casey did that! Give them credit, don't call them average.
i couldn't agree more sir. Show a little class is always a good thing!
Congrats to Casey County. Setting up a big showdown with Corbin.
Bobcat4years Wrote:God game for 31/2 quarters. Casey is a average team and we are not average. Looking at Casey schedule, they have Not beats team with a winning record. Very weak schedule will give you a false high.. Bell has been the best team Casey has played and again, we are not that good. 2 years from now, we will make a run at it.. Casey opponents have won a total of 7 games (5 teams).
There is no false high here. I know EXACTLY what we are. We are a team that lost many of those games against these same teams we are beating now. They weren't great teams sometimes back then, when we lost, and aren't great teams now. We are building. The Boyle counties of this football world started out building, playing a fairly easy schedule, to gain interest, and gain numbers. No matter how the opponents record stacks, we got the W at Log Mountain last night, and that was big for our program. In 5 years our program will bring up the craziest amount of skill and big lineman play our team has ever seen. 30+ incoming 7th graders who are the most talented squad we've ever seen, and every year after that are huge numbers with great players. Casey is better than an average 3A team. Legit top 7. But whatever. I met a lot of classy Bell folks last night, especially in the booth. We all know what each other are. Bell improved from last year, Casey maybe improved, or at least saying even with what they were last year after losing one of our best senior classes ever. Respect to Bell, and a young team that battled, and the good folks up in that booth. Rebel Pride!
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Casey County. Setting up a big showdown with Corbin.

That game scares the hell outta me. Lol. We'll do the best we can. Afraid Corbin is just a whole other level, and hungry after that great first half they played against Belfry last year. I went and watched, and Corbin shocked me with how well they played in the first. Belfry was clearly one of the biggest teams I'd ever seen in my life in high-school. Corbin battled all night. It reminded me of us playing Corbin in the playoff. We were down just 4 points, I think, going into the 4th. And the overall better team, Corbin, just pulled away in that quarter, and final minutes. Corbin just a damn good team with good coaching from the secondary coaches, special teams, to the head guy.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Casey County. Setting up a big showdown with Corbin.

Corbin will go through them like a dose of salts .
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:i couldn't agree more sir. Show a little class is always a good thing!

Many of the guys at Bell last night were classy. Their radio guys are just great guys. Announcer was a classy good guy as well. Filmer I talked to was nice. Of course I've been friends with Coach Marple for years and loved seeing him. Also talked to a fan over there for about 15 minutes after the game. Good guy, realistic, and knows Bell is back on the right path. Mostly good folks I saw, football knowledgeable fans.
Congratulations Casey County. That was a big time win on Log Mountain .
smoke1015 Wrote:There is no false high here. I know EXACTLY what we are. We are a team that lost many of those games against these same teams we are beating now. They weren't great teams sometimes back then, when we lost, and aren't great teams now. We are building. The Boyle counties of this football world started out building, playing a fairly easy schedule, to gain interest, and gain numbers. No matter how the opponents record stacks, we got the W at Log Mountain last night, and that was big for our program. In 5 years our program will bring up the craziest amount of skill and big lineman play our team has ever seen. 30+ incoming 7th graders who are the most talented squad we've ever seen, and every year after that are huge numbers with great players. Casey is better than an average 3A team. Legit top 7. But whatever. I met a lot of classy Bell folks last night, especially in the booth. We all know what each other are. Bell improved from last year, Casey maybe improved, or at least saying even with what they were last year after losing one of our best senior classes ever. Respect to Bell, and a young team that battled, and the good folks up in that booth. Rebel Pride!

I need to come to A Rebels game sometime after stopping by Bread of Life Cafe :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:Congratulations Casey County. That was a big time win on Log Mountain .

Thanks pjdoug. Refs were fairly, "fair". Probably missed about 3 facemasks, and a spear at the end on our nose. But Dudley called timeout and let his kid have a mouthful for being unsportsman (even if ref did miss it), and told our nose after the game he showed good restraint and sportsmanship by not retaliating. That was pretty cool. Bell isn't the old Bell, yet. Probably coming in the next 2 to 4 years. Their back was pretty darn good (sophomore I think), and they still run power really well. Added in some spread stuff that was unusual for Bell and they had a receiver that made some absolutely great plays. QB is tough, but not much arm strength. I don't know what Bell middle school has this year, but if they are getting numbers back, get these current boys on the weights hard, they'll be a real solid team next year.
Congrats to Casey Co and Good Luck rest of the season Proud of the Bobcats we dug in there for 3 and half quarters just to many weapons but we are improving just going to take time still proud to be a BOBCAT!!!
Big win for Casey!!! Congrats!!!! DUds can only win when he can come up with bigger lineman and meaner backs. He will not out scheme anyone. His coaching talent is that good at finding players. When duds has average players, you see how average his teams are!
smoke1015 Wrote:Thanks pjdoug. Refs were fairly, "fair". Probably missed about 3 facemasks, and a spear at the end on our nose. But Dudley called timeout and let his kid have a mouthful for being unsportsman (even if ref did miss it), and told our nose after the game he showed good restraint and sportsmanship by not retaliating. That was pretty cool. Bell isn't the old Bell, yet. Probably coming in the next 2 to 4 years. Their back was pretty darn good (sophomore I think), and they still run power really well. Added in some spread stuff that was unusual for Bell and they had a receiver that made some absolutely great plays. QB is tough, but not much arm strength. I don't know what Bell middle school has this year, but if they are getting numbers back, get these current boys on the weights hard, they'll be a real solid team next year.

Dudley will get them back to the team of old if he stays, but one has to wonder how much longer he will be there .
pjdoug Wrote:I need to come to A Rebels game sometime after stopping by Bread of Life Cafe :biggrin:

Lol! Our big running backs's dad, Joey Tucker will hook you up with some good grub over there. I always get stuck on the Philly Steak sandwich. The wings Joey has are great. Come up in the press box and they usually have a big tray unless all the principals and staff have already downed them. We gotta hide food up there from all those jokers...
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol! Our big running backs's dad, Joey Tucker will hook you up with some good grub over there. I always get stuck on the Philly Steak sandwich. The wings Joey has are great. Come up in the press box and they usually have a big tray unless all the principals and staff have already downed them. We gotta hide food up there from all those jokers...

have to remember that smoke next year may have to venture up the pressbox try them wings:worthy:
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley will get them back to the team of old if he stays, but one has to wonder how much longer he will be there .

He's definitely no spring chicken. Still pretty fiery guy. I was told these kids hadn't been able to get on the weights, hardly at all, for the past 2 years. My son is our 157 pound tackle, and he put one of their D ends on his butt, kid was at least 250 and looked like an old school Bell lineman. But something was up with their strength. Of course he may have been a giant freshman or sophomore, not sure. But I remember when we had one of our strongest lineman ever, went to Log Mountain, first play close to the end zone (our kid benched right over 350, and squatted well over 600) fired off low against this big 6'5" or so Bell lineman, our kid being 5'10" was good to get leverage on about any big lineman. This Bell kid got under our guy, drove our kid from the 15, into the endzone and basically pancaked him outside the endzone like he was a child. Our mayor (does our radio) and his friend looked at each other and said, gonna be a long night boys...Bell beat us from pillar to post. That Bell kid went to play for Tennessee.
Let me tell you something else smoke Casey maybe one of the most classiest teams I have seen got my respect hope they stay injury free and glad they are headed in right direction as well:Thumbs:
BobcatForever Wrote:have to remember that smoke next year may have to venture up the pressbox try them wings:worthy:

Lol, Joey will kill me. ha. We always offer to your radio guys. Good dudes.
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol! Our big running backs's dad, Joey Tucker will hook you up with some good grub over there. I always get stuck on the Philly Steak sandwich. The wings Joey has are great. Come up in the press box and they usually have a big tray unless all the principals and staff have already downed them. We gotta hide food up there from all those jokers...

sounds like I better beat them there. lol. I visit Liberty sometimes. I love all of Kentucky.
BobcatForever Wrote:have to remember that smoke next year may have to venture up the pressbox try them wings:worthy:

:Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:sounds like I better beat them there. lol. I visit Liberty sometimes. I love all of Kentucky.

I love Wayne, really like Shawn the few times we've talked. Don't like the a** pounding that Wayne gave us every single year. lol. Some of the most physical teams we've ever played, and a stupid weather day on championship game probably lost them a championship. I love most of Kentucky (except Adair county...) lol
casey co Not Tested not a Top 3a team and a Little overrated McCreary will beat Them 40-20 Next wk.
Wrangler Wrote:casey co Not Tested not a Top 3a team and a Little overrated McCreary will beat Them 40-20 Next wk.

This proves your lack of knowledge

Casey will beat McCreary

Casey has much better talent