Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update of Highlands Football
bo67 Wrote:How would Highlands know how to change names of old pass route names. How did they learn. Sticks, Fade, Numbers, Seam ect. Those are way beyond high school level

That is basic route terminology that is used by everyone in the country from JR on up!

Hold on for this, this is going to absolutely blow your mind...some teams call those routes the same name when teaching the routes but when they call plays they use numbers to call the route. You know kind of like short hand to reduce verbage.
Example:
1=Slant
7=Post or skinny post based on alignment
8=corner(flag)
Three WR's on one side they might say 178, instead of slant, post, corner

This type of super secret code is based off of the passing tree diagram!
It was invented by the coaches at St X in Louisville, but Trinity sent in spy's and was able to de-code it and use it for themselves. Once they got their hands on the sensitive information their dominance of KY football really took off. This is one of the main reasons for the deep rooted rivalry between the schools. The Rocks stole the Tigers path to glory!!

I hope this helps!!

:Thumbs::eyeroll:
Like I said I stand corrected. But in an article before the season started. The article said the coach was installing a NEW defense. The 3-5. I’m just repeating what it said.
Pal. cute. Leather helmet. lol. I would have rang your bell.
bo67 Wrote:Pal. cute. Leather helmet. lol. I would have rang your bell.

Oh I am sure you would have tough guy.
Lol
Sorry if I got off track some. But the opening of this post. The bottom line. The numbers do not lie. And if for some reason I’m not correct. It must mean these are the worst football players over the last 3 years Highlands has ever had???
Woodsman Wrote:If highlands wants a new coach....why Shouldnt Simon Kenton be clambering for a regime change? What in the world have they accomplished? With the entire populous of Kenton county and beyond at their disposal, why can't they progress? They play a "2a" schedule and get booted in the playoffs and pat themselves on the back at the banquet for having a phenomenal year.

I get it and you are likely right. But who you going after?

SK has played 5 6A teams and 1 5A team they play Beechwood but Beechwood can beat any 2A or 3A team and most 4A teams.
Keyboard warriors should apply for the job!!
UK1fan Wrote:SK has played 5 6A teams and 1 5A team they play Beechwood but Beechwood can beat any 2A or 3A team and most 4A teams.

No I watched Beechwood and Corbin on hudi and they can't beat all the 3A teams TongueirateSho
Uk1fan....you can't possibly be justifying SK's incredibly weak schedule are you? Their schedule is a joke and has been for quite some time. Sk should be a state power...why aren't they? They play a designed weak schedule. Their system promotes mediocrity. The coach refuses to progress into a relevant 6a school. If Ryle had open enrollment...look out.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Keyboard warriors should apply for the job!!

I don 't want to live there so I wont apply.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No I watched Beechwood and Corbin on hudi and they can't beat all the 3A teams TongueirateSho

How many 3 A teams are better than Corbin ?
bo67 Wrote:Pal. cute. Leather helmet. lol. I would have rang your bell.

Classic!
pjdoug Wrote:You forgot about Belfry.

And Ashland
Woodsman Wrote:Uk1fan....you can't possibly be justifying SK's incredibly weak schedule are you? Their schedule is a joke and has been for quite some time. Sk should be a state power...why aren't they? They play a designed weak schedule. Their system promotes mediocrity. The coach refuses to progress into a relevant 6a school. If Ryle had open enrollment...look out.

Please point out the cup cakes