Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 35 Highlands 30
Highlands outscored 21 to 6 to finish the game
Congrats to SK
HHS can score. They now have someone to run the offense. They need a new defensive coordinator
Way to go Pioneers !
I wonder if HHS played kids both ways. If they did. They probably got tired from not being in shape to go both ways.
bo67 Wrote:I wonder if HHS played kids both ways. If they did. They probably got tired from not being in shape to go both ways.

Nope I didn't see kids playing both ways.
SK scored 14 points in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Shearer ran for over 100 yards 2 tds and passed for 231 yards 3 tds. Murray had 100 yards rushing and 4 catches 45 yards. Hayden had 7 catches 3 tds.
Yay!
Down goes Highlands, again!
How did they let SK score 2 TDS in 2 minutes?
Some people questioning how good SK is. Have they really beaten a good team?
Gummie Bear Wrote:Yay!
Down goes Highlands, again!

Wow!!!!! Guess you got some butt-hurt. What year did the Birds do a number on you?
bo67 Wrote:Some people questioning how good SK is. Have they really beaten a good team?

That's why I don't ever see them winning a state championship. Very weak scheduling.
bo67 Wrote:How did they let SK score 2 TDS in 2 minutes?

Losing that onside kick was the back breaker from what I heard. SK had the momentum and plan while the Birds were shocked at the turnaround.
Sk will be lucky to beat Campbell county and ryle could potentially put a hurting on them. Sk's system is designed for mediocrity. They should be contenders but they refuse to take the next step.
My team actually did a number on highlands years ago. Just wanted to get that out there. Hahaha. Not that it matters in the slightest though.
I played for Highlands. I’m torn between what I feel. I hate to see the team going through what they have the last 3 years. But I want the coach to fail. He’s a sarcastic little jerk. Plus he’s nowhere near a Mueller.
No one is a dale mueller. I'm obviously not a dale mueller fan...but you can't deny his success (after my coach retired of course). He accomplished more than any coach can hope to. To think highlands can find another "dale" is silly in my opinion. You guys will take some lumps but figure it out eventually and get back in the saddle. Finding the right guy and have him find the right system will take some time, but it will happen

Oh and lots of people thought Dale Mueller was a little jerk as well...so there's that.
They need to go outside this coaching staff to find a coach.
Am I right, HHS gave up two late scores to LC in final four mins and two scores to SK in final two mins. Terrible coaching
Woodsman Wrote:No one is a dale mueller. I'm obviously not a dale mueller fan...but you can't deny his success (after my coach retired of course). He accomplished more than any coach can hope to. To think highlands can find another "dale" is silly in my opinion. You guys will take some lumps but figure it out eventually and get back in the saddle. Finding the right guy and have him find the right system will take some time, but it will happen

Oh and lots of people thought Dale Mueller was a little jerk as well...so there's that.
Never see Dale not smiling, very religious, nice to everyone. I think you would find it hard to find anyone who thought he was a jerk. Maybe just because he kicked their butt, but doubt they ever talked to him to base their opinion that he is a jerk.
Figure it out. Stop someone
So you stop coaching the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game.
What this game tells me is SK is not very good and will not do well against 6A teams
Dale Mueller isn’t just a great coach. He’s a great person
No my team beat his. He made some asinine comments back in the day. He promoted a mentality that pushed the envelope. It's not a big deal but it's not out of the question for people to think he's a jerk. The past is the past. By gones
bo67 Wrote:Dale Mueller isn’t just a great coach. He’s a great person

He taught kids more than just football. Gave great speech to daughter's Sr class that I wish all kids going off to college could hear
I'm not saying he's a bad guy and I'm not saying I don't like him. Just saying some people who have interacted with him think he's kind of a jerk. Not that surprising. Lots of people can't stand me.
sstack Wrote:He taught kids more than just football. Gave great speech to daughter's Sr class that I wish all kids going off to college could hear

I didn't like him beating my team, but he seems like a nice guy Smile
Dale Mueller could be a motivational speaker.