Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2017-18
Analytics101 Wrote:OK, let's cut to the chase here and stay focused.
-Early in the season it will be a three team race Perry Central, Hazard and Knott Central. These teams are the strongest in returning players. However as the season progresses, I would have to throw Leslie into the mix. Progression of team always leans towards Leslie down the stretch. Reason being, Perry Central will end up playing 14-17 total games, Hazard will be unable to implement the "play with 4 basketballs during game" rule and finally Honeycutt will be meandering through the season and will land wherever the powers take him. At the end, it will be a 3 team race again. Perry Central, Knott and Leslie. I will give Leslie a nod to make another push to the championship game and possibly win it. Seems their coaching staff gets the most out of what is usually a sub par team. They just do a better job!
The others, Lee, Owsley and such. Never had that experience and its hard to get there.

[Image:

]

Son, ole fatpat don't know what you been smokin but give me four, quadruple wowza!!! Baby, the eaglets will have a rough time this season beating that Junior Barber School. Collett is a nice guy and all, but it aint happening. Honeycutta is riding the train bolz. Jada goes to Stata. Take that to the bank. Best thing you can be doing is analyzing your concessions inventory cause ole fatpat will be hitting it full throttle.

#causeitsfridaydoesntmeanyoushouldtalkgibberish More mash taters please!!!
KingCommodore Wrote:My post was about one player not two.

I was agreeing and commenting about two. Clearly you're not a Dore fan but a player fan... that's cool

Hall is best point in the region.
Profitt best player in the region.
Preparing for the best team in the region. Take Profitt from pcc and they struggle with scoring. Take Hall from pcc and Profitt doesn't average as much. They create options for each other. It makes for good ball!
Analytics101 Wrote:OK, let's cut to the chase here and stay focused.
-Early in the season it will be a three team race Perry Central, Hazard and Knott Central. These teams are the strongest in returning players. However as the season progresses, I would have to throw Leslie into the mix. Progression of team always leans towards Leslie down the stretch. Reason being, Perry Central will end up playing 14-17 total games, Hazard will be unable to implement the "play with 4 basketballs during game" rule and finally Honeycutt will be meandering through the season and will land wherever the powers take him. At the end, it will be a 3 team race again. Perry Central, Knott and Leslie. I will give Leslie a nod to make another push to the championship game and possibly win it. Seems their coaching staff gets the most out of what is usually a sub par team. They just do a better job!
The others, Lee, Owsley and such. Never had that experience and its hard to get there.

What does "play with 4 basketballs" mean?
RingKing Wrote:I was agreeing and commenting about two. Clearly you're not a Dore fan but a player fan... that's cool

Preparing for the best team in the region. Take Profitt from pcc and they struggle with scoring. Take Hall from pcc and Profitt doesn't average as much. They create options for each other. It makes for good ball!

I am a fan of all the girls. Not the drama and baggage and crazy parents. It hurts our team. But why should we expect anything else? :moon:
1.kcc 2. Perry 3. Hazard 4. Leslie at this point
Perry, Hazard, Leslie, Knott, in this order. No one else close to these 4 teams
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Profitt not a good defender ,doesn't rebound and snowbirds on d ! She is a scorer who at anytime might get mad or parents don't like how many shots she is getting up and ........shall I say it TRANSFER! Better make her and mom and pops Happy! It's all about HER stats ! She had a good year last year but Perry dodged everybody with that weak schedule last year !!! Play somebody!
you definitely have not seen her play much or don't know anything about basketball or jealous, probably all the above
February 11, 2017

Lynn Camp 62
Perry Central 61

Enough Said!!!!

Ok, there's more to say....
4-4 last year against teams with a winning record. 1 of those wins against Lynn Camp earlier in season, and 2 against Wolfe County. I'm tired of hearing people crow about players and a team that doesn't play anyone. Easy to see how Napier got his record number of wins......
[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FCGqhwKmYt8/UV...icture.jpg] Looky here bolz! This lil one watched the Lady Pats practicing baby and they are smooth as hot butter on mash taters! Thats freaking smooth! Honeycutta will roll through this region like ole Fatpat when he went down GTW bank and fell and thats wide open! #patsberolling More mash taters please!!!
Confusednicker:
LOVE that pic, fatpat!!
I will say we do not play a very hard schedule. We need to play more tough teams not these push overs. Its like playing against middle school teams.
KingCommodore Wrote:I will say we do not play a very hard schedule. We need to play more tough teams not these push overs. Its like playing against middle school teams.

Might not have last year...but check out this year. https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=52350

You can't say that about this season!
KingCommodore Wrote:I am a fan of all the girls. Not the drama and baggage and crazy parents. It hurts our team. But why should we expect anything else? :moon:

Haha wow.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Haha wow.

Its true. Most people agree with this. We could be so much better without the drama. I hate it for the girls. Maybe this year some parents will stay home or have to work.
KingCommodore Wrote:Its true. Most people agree with this. We could be so much better without the drama. I hate it for the girls. Maybe this year some parents will stay home or have to work.

Haven't seen any drama with this team. Looks like you want to start some though. Is your life that miserable?
Please keep your posts on topic.

Thank you!
Go Dores!!!! Fields, Proffitt, Hall, Eversole, Pollard and the rest of the gang are ready to go this year! State Bound baby!!
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1wkfh9.jpg] Bolz ole Fatpat getting pumped up baby! Mortys be rocking and Ladypats be rocking the 14th hard as ole Fatpat at Pig in a Poke! Honeycutta told ole Fatpat he unleashing the freaking taters! Wowza! Ole Fatpat saw a spark in that boys eye and he said Fatpat bruh we taking it to a new level of taterness! Bolz shook ole Fatpat up something fierce! CT bringing in new steel beams to hold the banners! Ole Mortys be rocking to Freaky by Juicy J baby! #freakytatersaredabest More mash taters please!!!
First of all FatPat...love your posts and pictures!!!
If we were rolling out to play the 14th Region Tournament today, I'd have to drive the pilot car for the short bus of KCC. They have to have the nod with the returning players. PCC right there too. I debate my thoughts of who would I favor PCC or KCC today...because FatPat rules, I'm going with KCC.

Second, lets think about the top teams year in and year out.
KCC---should be a force this year....can they stay together?
PCC---as long as Coach Napier is there, keep an eye on the old legend!
Leslie--as long as Coach Collett is there, keep an eye on how they improve and play together.
Hazard--could have the best young player around, can everyone else there accept that.
LCC--Coach Adams always had them right there in tournament, don't think anyone else can do that now. He was the best!
Breathitt--BRING BACK WALLACE!!

Last, we see all this talk about the players and coaches in our region. Blessed we are to be able to have the talented young ladies we have and the men and women working with them everyday. Should be a fun wide open year!!
How can we find out what girls from the mountains played on the EYBL teams this year?
RingKing Wrote:I was agreeing and commenting about two. Clearly you're not a Dore fan but a player fan... that's cool

Basketball is not just about points. They all good players. I feel like Hall is best player on Perry Central. She has can handle the ball, shoot, and play defense. I totally agree with taking Hall from pcc will cause Profitt not to average as much. Hall works very hard and doesn't get the credit she deserves for carrying that team.
DawgFabulous Wrote:Basketball is not just about points. They all good players. I feel like Hall is best player on Perry Central. She has can handle the ball, shoot, and play defense. I totally agree with taking Hall from pcc will cause Profitt not to average as much. Hall works very hard and doesn't get the credit she deserves for carrying that team.

Finally someone who understands basketball. :1:
[Image: http://www.best-gif.com/wp-content/uploa...tapult.gif] Bolz Knott be rolling! Ole Napper about as slick as a buttered tater skin but ole Fatpat got a feeling Knott repeats taterstyle! Nappers coaching last year had Perry fall flat on their face like this brutha right here! Wowza! Sitting the big girl hurt the Dores and Honeycutta saw the weakness and told ole Fatpat tonight we unleash the freaking beast! Double Wowza! Honeycutta had a spark of fire in his eye and fed Ohair International all night long! Door always open for Vicious Sid Hall bruh at Mortys! #fallingflatnapperstyle #ladypatsrockintothefreeworld More mash taters please!!!
DawgFabulous Wrote:How can we find out what girls from the mountains played on the EYBL teams this year?

The girl from Harlan County was the only one on the top team. Not sure about the younger team.
This was from a Harlan Daily Enterprise story

Anyone curious about the 2018 Miss Basketball race need to look no further than a Kentucky Premier practice this summer. Most of the favorites are one of the organizatio's' AAU teams, playing this weekend at the Run for the Roses Tournament in Louisville.
The Kentucky Premier-Miley team (led by Berea College coach Trent Miley) features the top three juniors in last year's Lexington Herald Leader all-state first team — state champion Mercer County's Seygan Robins, Harlan County's Blair Green and Sacred Heart's Grace Berger. All three have already committed to Division I schools with Robins headed for Louisville, Green going to Kentucky and Berger to Indiana. Ashland's Mykasa Robinson, slowed last year by an injury, and Male's CInja Harbison were third-team all-staters last year and are also members of the Kentucky Premier-Milby team.
Harlan County's Kaylea Gross, a third-team all-state senior center, has also had a busy summer as a member of another Kentucky Premier team, this one led by Mercer County coach Chris Souder. That team also features Owsley County second-team all-state center Macie Gibson.
"As a coach, I really support any of my players that want to play on a travel team. It's totally a parent and player decision, but it's important to play with good travel program that can offer players opportunities to develop their game, play high level competition and have a chance to showcase their talent in front of college coaches," said Harlan County coach Debbie Green. "I think it's great to get kids out of their comfort zone playing with new players. The pace is faster often with a 30-second shot clock. It really gives you a good perspective on just how many good players are out there."
Green's team, 22-3 during the season, is playing this weekend in the Run for the Roses tournament in Louisville, then will leave for Chicago on Saturday to play in the Nike Nationals. They will play in Maryland later in the month and close the summer in Lexington.
I did my homework and found out that two girls from the mountains played on the EYBL Teams. Blair Green and Jada Higgins.
Blair Green played on the Top Eybol team; Jada Higgens played on the 15U Eybol team.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Go Dores!!!! Fields, Proffitt, Hall, Eversole, Pollard and the rest of the gang are ready to go this year! State Bound baby!!

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...s1esYouttu]Doc ole Fatpat worries about you brutha! 14TH runs through Hindman baby! Ole Fatpat got the ole camel ready for the trail ride this year! Baby it going to be as hot as grammys mashed taters! Pats be just as hot! #havecamelwilltravel #tatertrailridesarehot More mash taters please!!!
coach napier has been notorious for playing a weak schedule because the 54th district seeds the girls by there record so he wanted the number 1 seed. kinda smart but ive been watching coach napier since the early ninetys and he never hardly would play the better teams in his region. I don't know what for but you cant argue that he wins. when leslie had miss basketball the sizemore girl randy wouldn't play them in the regular season but come tournament time coach napier turned the heat up in the gym to 90 degrees and practiced in those conditions all week to get his team acclimated and on game day the temperature was still turned up and by the second quarter the sizemore girl was killed. just little things he does to win
Perry Girl and Knott girl will play for Regional Title. Perry play a pretty good schedule this year and like a big kid in the middle from being really good. Hazard and Leslie will play each other in first round of district and it will be a great game. Knott should have the overall best team. Perry will be a close second.