Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 45 Collins 17
Boyle County travelled to Shelby County to take on one of the top ranked 4A teams in Martha Layne Collins. The Rebels won in dominating fashion.

Where does this put Boyle County in terms of their ranking in 3A? With this win is Boyle County the favorite in 3A? Is it way too early to tell?
Way to go Rebels !
Boyle is most definitely a top Three team in 3A this year
Congrats to Boyle County. Belfry is still the favorite.
Boyle is probably the favorite to come out of the west, but I watched Collins play against Madison Southern at the beginning of the year and was not impressed at all. Poor containment and losing sight of receivers let Collins blow out a Madison Southern team that was not that impressive but were pretty even talent wise. In other words, really bad fundamentals on defense.

This is also a Boyle team that lose to Danville, who isn't even favored to come out of the east in 2A. Not trying to be a troll, though I know it can only come off that way, but being the third or fourth best team in a class may not make you a favorite when the Beast From The East is looking as good as they are already.
With the improvement from Lanter at the quarterback position Boyle County is becoming more balanced ultimately making them a better team. The Rebels are going to be a tough out come playoff time but they still have a few tough games ahead. We will learn more in the following weeks.
bball_fan Wrote:Boyle is probably the favorite to come out of the west, but I watched Collins play against Madison Southern at the beginning of the year and was not impressed at all. Poor containment and losing sight of receivers let Collins blow out a Madison Southern team that was not that impressive but were pretty even talent wise. In other words, really bad fundamentals on defense.

This is also a Boyle team that lose to Danville, who isn't even favored to come out of the east in 2A. Not trying to be a troll, though I know it can only come off that way, but being the third or fourth best team in a class may not make you a favorite when the Beast From The East is looking as good as they are already.

Belfry's resume really improved when NCC beat CAL. Belfry handled NCC fairly easily. Hate to compare scores but this early in the season it's really about all we have to go by. I think you can't wrong with the top 3 or 4 in 3A right now. And I didn't take your post as trolling. I know a troll when I see one.
Boyle might have lost to a very good Danville team in a game they could have easily won, but they have improved a great deal offensively since then. There is a lot of football left to be played before you can start matching teams in the finals of the playoffs. I think Boyle wins against NH by 3 TD's
Boyle is definetly one of the teams with a shot in 3A.
Boyle's young team is getting better quickly...offense has LOTS of potential and talent.
CALs qb was out
Ballistic Wrote:CALs qb was out

???