Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 county schools
I'd like to take time out of my day to put some praise on county schools in a 1 school county like where I was raised.
#1 Johnson Central
#2 Scott County
#3 Boyle County
#4 Franklin Simpson
#5 Wayne County
Congratulations to the boys and the communities who support them.
I'm a little confused by this. Johnson Central and Boyle both have another school in their county.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'd like to take time out of my day to put some praise on county schools in a 1 school county like where I was raised.
#1 Johnson Central
#2 Scott County
#3 Boyle County
#4 Franklin Simpson
#5 Wayne County

TheHotSnakes Wrote:I'm a little confused by this. Johnson Central and Boyle both have another school in their county.

Johnson County has Johnson Central & Paintsville.
Boyle County has Boyle County & Danville.

Both Paintsville & Danville are Independent, but still in the same county with another school.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
What about Rockcastle????
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson County has Johnson Central & Paintsville.
Boyle County has Boyle County & Danville.

Both Paintsville & Danville are Independent, but still in the same county with another school.

And besides, Danville beat Boyle this year.
Think of what Johnson Central and Boyle County would be like IF they were consolidated with Paintsville and Danville.......Geez.

There are some places that would be interesting if consolidated:
-Raceland, Russell, and Greenup County
-Ashland, Fairview, and Boyd County
-Western Hills, Frankfort, and Franklin County
-Floyd Central and Prestonsburg
-Paris and Bourbon County
Might as well add Jefferson County too. If they consolidated then they would be pretty good.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I'm a little confused by this. Johnson Central and Boyle both have another school in their county.

Yes it's early and I screwed that up. That's what I get for trying to be positive today.
Talk about interesting, if Paducah Tilghman and McCracken County consolidated and the City and County also consolidated to metropolitan government. The Louisville Folks would welcome some competition in state.
Lets try again:
Scott County
Franklin-Simpson
Wayne County
Caldwell County
Meade County
Iam4thecats Wrote:Lets try again:
Scott County
Franklin-Simpson
Wayne County
Caldwell County
Meade County

These schools are also the only ones in their county.

Martin County
Lawrence County
Magoffin County
You can also add: Casey County, and Anderson County. Both are having great seasons so far.
I'm not adding them to my top 5 though. And I don't know who Martin county is?
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm not adding them to my top 5 though. And I don't know who Martin county is?

Sheldon Clark
You have to add Rockcastle County to the list. Only school in the county with nothing really in the community to bring in people from the outside in. Several good athletes have left and transferred to neighboring county schools. With the nature of high school sports and almost every school bringing in transfers every year, The rockets have still won 17 out of there last 20 games. Pretty good for some home grown boys.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:You have to add Rockcastle County to the list. Only school in the county with nothing really in the community to bring in people from the outside in. Several good athletes have left and transferred to neighboring county schools. With the nature of high school sports and almost every school bringing in transfers every year, The rockets have still won 17 out of there last 20 games. Pretty good for some home grown boys.

Not on my top 5. Who is your top 5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hi...n_Kentucky
list of schools by county
I will change mine up and do it as a "Pound for Pound":

1. Franklin-Simpson
2. Wayne County
3. Scott County
4. Monroe County
5. Caldwell County

Special Mention
Rockcastle Co
Crittenden Co
Meade Co
Anderson Co
Sheldon Clark (Historically, not recent)
There are 54 County's that only have one high school. out of those county my 5 would be.
1 Scott County. (crazy there is not another high school in county considering the population)
2, Rockcastle County
3, Wayne County (Monticello high closed in 2013 making wayne the only school)
4, Franklin Simpson
5, Lincoln County ( have been down for a couple season but has a rich football tradition)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:These schools are also the only ones in their county.

Martin County
Lawrence County
Magoffin County

Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm not adding them to my top 5 though. And I don't know who Martin county is?

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sheldon Clark

Their new school is going to be called Martin County High School.

A.K.A., The Artist Formerly Known as Sheldon Clark.
#PrinceReference
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:There are 54 County's that only have one high school. out of those county my 5 would be.
1 Scott County. (crazy there is not another high school in county considering the population)
2, Rockcastle County
3, Wayne County (Monticello high closed in 2013 making wayne the only school)
4, Franklin Simpson
5, Lincoln County ( have been down for a couple season but has a rich football tradition)

they are building one (and gave it a terrible name mascot and color scheme)
Ballistic Wrote:they are building one (and gave it a terrible name mascot and color scheme)

I hadn't heard there was going to be another school added there. Maybe I've just missed something, but, what are any details behind it?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Lets try again:
Scott County
Franklin-Simpson
Wayne County
Caldwell County
Meade County

That's it without question.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I hadn't heard there was going to be another school added there. Maybe I've just missed something, but, what are any details behind it?

great crossing high school warhawks colors are dark blue and green kinda like the old seahawks...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will change mine up and do it as a "Pound for Pound":

1. Franklin-Simpson
2. Wayne County
3. Scott County
4. Monroe County
5. Caldwell County

Special Mention
Rockcastle Co
Crittenden Co
Meade Co
Anderson Co
Sheldon Clark (Historically, not recent)

Leslie Co...
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'd like to take time out of my day to put some praise on county schools in a 1 school county like where I was raised.
#1 Johnson Central
#2 Scott County
#3 Boyle County
#4 Franklin Simpson
#5 Wayne County

1 school counties ?
rocknation035 Wrote:What about Rockcastle????

What about every county in the state? Smile
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Think of what Johnson Central and Boyle County would be like IF they were consolidated with Paintsville and Danville.......Geez.

Corbin, Williamsburg and Whitley County Smile
Ballistic Wrote:great crossing high school warhawks colors are dark blue and green kinda like the old seahawks...

At least it's an original name.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Think of what Johnson Central and Boyle County would be like IF they were consolidated with Paintsville and Danville.......Geez.

I think a less is more approach is appropriate regarding the Greenup County schools and consolidating any of these schools would be a bad idea. Too many local politics/egos would cause problems and the program would never be able to get off the ground. Although there are talented athletes on all three schools, I seriously doubt that you would ever see them all playing together on the same team because there would be a lot of fighting about who should and shouldn't see playing time.