Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 20 Hazard 9
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somersets defense was depleted with injuries in game one vs. bourbon county. They had 4 freshman in the secondary for the better part of 3 quarters (albeit talented freshmen, that's still game one)

They have since given up 8 points to Williamsburg, 7 points to Beechwood and 9 points to Hazard (I really thought Somerset had them stopped on about the 6 inch line for Hazards TD but it was a close call). I'd say Their defense has been on fire for a while.

Hazard is a good football team, I hope the injury to Smith doesn't keep him out long, kid is a great ball player.
Please, Somerset has a good team. Don't take anything away from Bourbon County. They had 3 starters out for that game as well and guess what, it was their first game too. Funny how that works both ways huh?
Kentucky#1 Wrote:Please, Somerset has a good team. Don't take anything away from Bourbon County. They had 3 starters out for that game as well and guess what, it was their first game too. Funny how that works both ways huh?

They're ok. Hazard and Beechwood are both far better teams. I'll be direct rather than passive aggressive.
JumperPride1 Wrote:They're ok. Hazard and Beechwood are both far better teams. I'll be direct rather than passive aggressive.
36-29... Can't be much more direct that that.
The Jumpers showing that they are for real .
Very impressive beating hazard and Beechwood, Raceland will have Their hands full when the bunnies come hopping into town in a couple of weeks
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Very impressive beating hazard and Beechwood, Raceland will have Their hands full when the bunnies come hopping into town in a couple of weeks
They lost to Beechwood
Kentucky#1 Wrote:They lost to Beechwood

it was a moral victory
I hate to say it but hazard is down this year. Smith is a great runner but only with the right players up front, and hazard had to many gone from last year's impressive run. Smith only had 280 yards through 3 games, he was averaging that per game last year. Numbers never lie.
Hazard_dad Wrote:I hate to say it but hazard is down this year. Smith is a great runner but only with the right players up front, and hazard had to many gone from last year's impressive run. Smith only had 280 yards through 3 games, he was averaging that per game last year. Numbers never lie.

Are you kidding me? Hazard loses 1 game to a very very good team and now they are down. c'mon man
Good to see Somerset getting their program back on track. I still like Hazard to come out of the East, but Somerset could be a dark horse in the East this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see both teams playing at Kroger Field in December.
Quote EASY WIND

"Are you kidding me? Hazard loses 1 game to a very very good team and now they are down. c'mon man"

They have struggled this year plain and simple. Smith had 290 per game last year had only 280 this year through 3 games. So you telling me they are not down. Now smith has an acl injury. Just calling it like I see it. But I'm a hazard fan no matter what, and I hope nothing but the best for any of them.
Jags by 14. Bunnies out of their league in this one
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Jags by 14. Bunnies out of their league in this one

?
Any update on Smith's injury?
Will he be back?
It was posted he tore his ACL
Corey and Austin both being evaluated by surgeon in Lexington today. Will find out today.