Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 7 Somerset 0
Final.

Beechwood picked off pass at the goal line to end the Bunnies scoring drive. Weather was horrendous!!

Great job by both teams.
Congrats to Beechwood.
Surprised by the score. Maybe the weather had something to do with that.
Jumpers are coming on strong.
mysonis55 Wrote:Surprised by the score. Maybe the weather had something to do with that.

Somersets defense is really really good now that everyone is healthy. The weather conditions certainly had an impact on a lot of teams around the state; this was a hard hitting physical football game. One special teams mistake cost the jumpers unfortunately but hats off to the entire defensive unit. Regroup and keep doing that. Held a strong beechwood run game in check all night long.
They must be doing well on defense to hold Bwood to only 7. But, I don't know how much the weather played into it. Mayfield played Caldwell in a soupy mud bowl in 09. They lost by a td. Caldwell wanted it in those conditions. If they played it 10 times on a dry field, they wouldn't have finished within 20 points of that Mayfield team in any of those. I'm just wondering if the weather meant that much in this game.
mysonis55 Wrote:They must be doing well on defense to hold Bwood to only 7. But, I don't know how much the weather played into it. Mayfield played Caldwell in a soupy mud bowl in 09. They lost by a td. Caldwell wanted it in those conditions. If they played it 10 times on a dry field, they wouldn't have finished within 20 points of that Mayfield team in any of those. I'm just wondering if the weather meant that much in this game.

Dry fields may have helped both teams, usually do. Beechwood vs Somerset 10 times is a 5-5 split.

Jumpers D is legit.
mysonis55 Wrote:They must be doing well on defense to hold Bwood to only 7. But, I don't know how much the weather played into it. Mayfield played Caldwell in a soupy mud bowl in 09. They lost by a td. Caldwell wanted it in those conditions. If they played it 10 times on a dry field, they wouldn't have finished within 20 points of that Mayfield team in any of those. I'm just wondering if the weather meant that much in this game.

You have a sick infatuation with Beechwood. Somerset simply played them tough. lose the arrogance and give them some credit.:lame:
I felt both teams played very well.... evenly matched. I feel if Somerset can get its timing down on Offense.... This is a team to watch out for in the play off.... There defense does nothing but get better each week... Somerset will be that team... with a not so good record going into the play off that will surprise some teams...
Both teams played on the same field.
Call it arrogance, or diagnoses. Bottom line is, weather makes games lower scoring. In this game, I expected both teams to at least have 2 or more touchdowns. I did expect Bwood to win, so at least that part didn't change.
Beechwood shot themselves in the foot. Got called for holding on one play that they scored on, and got stopped on the 1 on a goal line stand. There lone score came from a blocked punt that they finally punched in their.
Thanks bac, that's a response that my ARROGANCE can handle.
Two good football teams, bad weather night. Nothing to be ashamed of for the Jumpers. No Beechwood is not significantly better than Somerset.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somersets defense is really really good now that everyone is healthy. The weather conditions certainly had an impact on a lot of teams around the state; this was a hard hitting physical football game. One special teams mistake cost the jumpers unfortunately but hats off to the entire defensive unit. Regroup and keep doing that. Held a strong beechwood run game in check all night long.

Good effort from the Jumpers. The Tigers came with a rush from the edge and caught Somerset in a tight formation on the punt and just got a piece of it. The call right before that was huge. It could easily have went to overtime scoreless.
mysonis55 Wrote:Call it arrogance, or diagnoses. Bottom line is, weather makes games lower scoring. In this game, I expected both teams to at least have 2 or more touchdowns. I did expect Bwood to win, so at least that part didn't change.

I call it like it is. Somerset simply played them tough, and you're an A$$
Opinions are like, well, PJDoug's.
What type of offense does Bwood run?
This years SHS defense is the REAL deal. Once they get everyone 100% healthy and ready to play, they're going to be very tough to score on. Beechwood and SHS defense were both very tough against the run all night long. Very tough conditions to throw the ball in. On a dry field, I think SHS wins this game. One special teams mistake doomed the Jumpers and Beechwood capitalized. The SHS offense still needs to learn to block better, especially the wide receivers on the screens. The coaching staff needs to call more plays for their playmakers and not be so predictable. SHS offense WILL improve. SHS plays an extremely tough schedule. Hopefully it will prepare them for the two biggest games of the year. Danville and LCA. Go Jumpers!