Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 22 Alcoa 21 OT
diceman Wrote:It's a 15 yd penalty after the play. Alcoa should have had to option to take half distance or decline and take the points and assess the penalty. Corbin should have stated on the 25.

If this is the case, post it. Post the rule. Show me the rule. I do not believe this is the rule. So, you brought it up, prove it or move on. I don't see them getting to enforce it on the ensuing drive. I also don't think they hit a 15 yarder for simply jumping across. So, show me evidence.
As far my simple mind, maybe. But you have disproven nothing. There is a set of rules. Find something. Educate me Whitley.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The reason for it is because everyone around Corbin hates Corbin. They're jealous, and they marginalized the success of the redhounds because they're small minded pathetic people. They must do this because it helps them feel better about their own mediocrity. Namely those from Laurel and Knox counties, the Whitley county contingent are relatively sane with the exception of pjdoug. For what it's worth he is an equal opportunity troll though. He is on almost every single thread on here trying to stir something up with someone. In his mind anyone who has more success than his team is cheating. Apparently it's impossible to win a region title unless you recruit. Atleast that what he says on every Corbin, mayfield, Belfry thread there is. Anyway, Knox got walloped by Danville, south is mediocre, and north is slightly above mediocre. They'll never consistently have success better than that because they're too focused on what other programs do. Winners focus on winning.

Well said Single Wing, couldn't agree more. As for me, I'm glad Corbin is off to a great start. In my opinion, if Belfry gets taken down this year Corbin will be the team to do it. I'll cheer for them all year until we meet up. Good luck to you guys and I pray those young men from Corbin stay healthy. Good luck my friend.
mysonis55 Wrote:As far my simple mind, maybe. But you have disproven nothing. There is a set of rules. Find something. Educate me Whitley.

and the only thing that you have proven is that you are arrogant and talk out your :moon:
Back on topic or we will close the thread.
Discuss the game.
Everyone has voiced their opinions on cheating. Enough is enough on that.

Time to move on.
I thought Corbin's defense played phenomenal. Alcoa really managed only 1 drive as they were given a short field as a result of the fumbled punt return. might should have let that one bounce but it was coming in at a weird angle and looked like it could have bounced right on several yards. Can't blame him for being aggressive and trying to make a play.

That could have been a turning point in the game but the team kept battling. Loved their fight.
The last time I checked 15 yard penaltys are basically personal fouls.. and vaulting the center isn't a 15 harder. Now but I will say this if he was hit then it may be 15 because of a rule to protect the safety of him.

So Alcoa couldn't either decline and take points or accept and move it up half the distance and go for two.
pjdoug Wrote:You and a few others whine and cry when everybody doesn't agree with you. reminds me of what is on the news on TV. That's why I don't watch it .

I felt like I gave you some credit. You are equal opportunity, you give it to everybody. You don't have to agree with me, I'm not even telling you to stop posting. I'm just saying you get a bit repetitive, but atleast you're not JUST a Corbin hater like some of the other posters on here. They're pretty pathetic.

As far as the game goes, I was really impressed with Corbin's ability to compete on the edges with Alcoa. I really thought Corbin would struggle out there but they have played lights out. The defense has answered all the doubts up to this point in my opinion. It's very possible that they are better than last year defensively. The offense will get the wrinkles ironed out. I'm pretty sure there were 4 or 5 guys starting in new positions on that offensive line. They'll gel and then they'll start rolling.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Well said Single Wing, couldn't agree more. As for me, I'm glad Corbin is off to a great start. In my opinion, if Belfry gets taken down this year Corbin will be the team to do it. I'll cheer for them all year until we meet up. Good luck to you guys and I pray those young men from Corbin stay healthy. Good luck my friend.

I agree, hopefully we'll both take care of business and meet up on pond creek for chapter three in this new found rivalry. Hoping for good health and best of luck going forward! Hope you all win them all except for one. Either way though, whoever wins that semifinal game will be who I pull for up in Lexington.
Rule 8, Sec 3, Art 5
if during a successful try, a foul by B occurs, A is given the choice of:
a. Accepting the penalty and replaying the down following enforcement; or
b. Accepting the result of the play and enforcement of the penalty from the succeeding spot.
hurdle an opponent. 9-4-3d personal foul loss of 15 yards.
I was pretty nervous going into this game and I'm sure a lot if not all of Redhounds shared this feeling. But, the Redhounds on the field came thru! These guys are pretty darn gritty. They didn't give up! Alcoa had some pretty great plays on offense that in the past has shut us off and swung the game into the opposing teams favor. The Defense gave up a few big plays but that can be expected going against a team of that caliber. I'll take holding that team to 21 points anyday of the week and call it a win. Say what you want, but Greer knows his stuff and consistently puts a Good defensive team on the field. They are always gonna be fundamentally sound and are not gonna get bent out of shape very often. The offense still has a long long way to go, that's what's scary for this team. #12, #5, #11, #4 and #16 just have soooo much potential that has yet to be shown! #12 and #5 are Gamers and have the ability to make WOW plays every time the ball is in their proximity. The win to me goes to the Offensive Line play, there were new guys on the field even from week zero. They didn't do great, but they did well enuf to win. Sizemore played great in my opinion! He didn't burn up the stat sheet but he played super smart and as players do, they step up to the stage and play when they are most needed. He wasn't shaken, even after the first series of 3 bad snaps in a row that led to a sack and a punt. He is hard to stop when the goal line is in sight and has a forward lean! Great job Hounds! Big win over a 100% Legit opponent. Alcoa had a great group of Kids, very athletic and fast. Very excited that the Hounds can compete and win against teams like this. It's only gonna help them in postseason. Congrats and much respect to the Tornadoes and their staff, good luck the rest of the year. Huge Congrats to Haddix,his staff and his Hounds for the product they put on the field this past week. week one is in the books, Pulaski is gonna be tuff....
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I felt like I gave you some credit. You are equal opportunity, you give it to everybody. You don't have to agree with me, I'm not even telling you to stop posting. I'm just saying you get a bit repetitive, but atleast you're not JUST a Corbin hater like some of the other posters on here. They're pretty pathetic.

As far as the game goes, I was really impressed with Corbin's ability to compete on the edges with Alcoa. I really thought Corbin would struggle out there but they have played lights out. The defense has answered all the doubts up to this point in my opinion. It's very possible that they are better than last year defensively. The offense will get the wrinkles ironed out. I'm pretty sure there were 4 or 5 guys starting in new positions on that offensive line. They'll gel and then they'll start rolling.

The defense has surprised me somewhat and Sims and Money have really been good on the edge. You may be right, they could be better than last years defense.

How long will Knuckles be out? Need his experience back on the OL.
Great job Hounds!!! Love seeing a name branded team from TN take an L!!!
Well, someone found some rules. Thanks. I guess there was both the option and a 15 yarder. Even if it was the case and properly called, I would still say this was one heck of a game. One in which Alcoa wouldn't have even been in the spot to win unless someone muffs a punt. Thanks for the research guys. I appreciate that response instead of telling someone they couldn't understand.

I still feel like this was a great game. Who knows, if Corbin had started from the 25, they may still have made the proper play calls and scored. But, either way, I think the bashing should stop. This was a Ky team beating a TN, supposed powerhouse team. Can't we just be happy about that.
The Sims kid doesn't look like a football player just looking at him but that boy is a downright athlete. They have him in a great spot at that outside linebacker he's fast enough to beat the speedsters to the edge. That kid doesn't get near enough credit for all the small things he does on the defensive side of the ball.
I'm hearing Corbin should have won in regulation. The Tornado's second TD was caught out of bounds at the point of the completion. That's just what I heard at church. I don't have anyway to watch the film.

For the record, if you've ever seen the Sims kid up close you would think he is a football player. Great win.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, someone found some rules. Thanks. I guess there was both the option and a 15 yarder. Even if it was the case and properly called, I would still say this was one heck of a game. One in which Alcoa wouldn't have even been in the spot to win unless someone muffs a punt. Thanks for the research guys. I appreciate that response instead of telling someone they couldn't understand.

I still feel like this was a great game. Who knows, if Corbin had started from the 25, they may still have made the proper play calls and scored. But, either way, I think the bashing should stop. This was a Ky team beating a TN, supposed powerhouse team. Can't we just be happy about that.
agree with that 55
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I felt like I gave you some credit. You are equal opportunity, you give it to everybody. You don't have to agree with me, I'm not even telling you to stop posting. I'm just saying you get a bit repetitive, but atleast you're not JUST a Corbin hater like some of the other posters on here. They're pretty pathetic.

I play a tough schedule and face the competition if I have to do it alone Confusednicker :
You wrote in part:

It was a very good win for the Corbin football program and im curious as to when the last time Alcoa lost to a KY team. Alcoa hasn't been this down in a long time. That's how much of a difference in TN and KY 3A football is. All four Blount County teams, including Maryville lost this weekend. Id say youd have to go back a long time to find the last time that happened.[/QUOTE]

Really uncommon for Blount County football to have a weekend like it did in Week Two.

For Maryville and Alcoa, state titles have been more common than losses in recent seasons. It is even more rare to see state powers Maryville and Alcoa lose to someone beside each other. Between the two they have only lost 10 games since 2012, and half of those loses have come in their annual regular season meeting. For comparison, they have won a combined five state titles during that stretch.

The last time Alcoa lost in the regular season to someone not named Maryville was 2011. The Rebels’ last regular-season lost to someone other than Alcoa? Try way back in 2001 against Morristown West.

Then.....way back on Oct. 14, 1994, Week Seven of the football season, all four Blount County teams lost in the same week.

Think about that one! :truestory:
Corbin scares the hell outta me. 2 years in a row, we finally have an offense, but then Corbin has 2 of their better teams in awhile. Secondary from last year was crazy good, IMO. And I am one that remembers that 8th grade class, now juniors, may have been the best middle school team in the state. Their seniors, especially that tough QB (literally tough as nails), isn't shabby either.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, someone found some rules. Thanks. I guess there was both the option and a 15 yarder. Even if it was the case and properly called, I would still say this was one heck of a game. One in which Alcoa wouldn't have even been in the spot to win unless someone muffs a punt. Thanks for the research guys. I appreciate that response instead of telling someone they couldn't understand.

Your wording is comical, not sure how you can question Alcoa being a Tennessee powerhouse.
To spite some of the detractors on this thread, apparently the Tennessee AP still thinks a lot of Alcoa.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/h...607699001/
footballfever Wrote:Rule 8, Sec 3, Art 5
if during a successful try, a foul by B occurs, A is given the choice of:
a. Accepting the penalty and replaying the down following enforcement; or
b. Accepting the result of the play and enforcement of the penalty from the succeeding spot.

In case book 10.4.5 Situation E. It would be first and goal from the 25.
Very good game :flame:Confusedinglepar