Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 22 Alcoa 21 OT
Guys lets cool it with the cheating and bashing peoe posts. Happens again this thread will be shut down.
Objective Wrote:Its not whining and crying when everyone is saying the same thing. It's called facts. They won but it was a cheap win. They look good but that shouldn't have been a win. Sorry not sorry

Cheap win marked your calendar October 13,2017 aka Friday the 13th and tell me if a win over bell county is a cheap win, a......Just maybe we will get another shot in playoffs :please: Keep winning 13th will soon be here. Confusednicker:
Tennessee AP voters have Alcoa #1 in 3A. Max preps has alcoa #5 regardless of class. And there's a computer power poll that has them #13 in the state only behind 5A and 6A teams. So regardless if people think they're up, down, whatever. Huge statement win.
Good win for Corbin. Congratulations to them. Eastern Ky football is looking strong!
64SUR Wrote:Cheap win marked your calendar October 13,2017 aka Friday the 13th and tell me if a win over bell county is a cheap win, a......Just maybe we will get another shot in playoffs :please: Keep winning 13th will soon be here. Confusednicker:

To show you how objective I am i picked Corbin to be bell's only loss this year. I know they are a good team and have the best coaching staff in state With at least 3 former head coaches. Im not bashing the hounds ability they are good. Just pointing out facts the truth will stand when everything else is burning down.
HOFER Wrote:That pass interference wasnt iffie at all. Your bias is showing.

Maybe so I'll throw that one out. That's why I said iffie
33 power Wrote:Lot of talk about 2 of the penalties 1. Intentional grounding the kid threw it 10 yards out of bounds, pretty easy call and Aloca scored next play so no impact on outcome of the game. 2. pass interference I agree there was not much contact but there was contact and the db never saw the ball nor attempted to make a play on the ball. That's the call most everyone gets at home. The only other call talked about was the late hit call on Sizemore,which I didn't like, but with new emphasis on excessive contact on defenseless players it was correct, 5 years ago that's not a penalty. So if you're objective the officials let the kids play. Not one holding penalty in tackle box for either team tells me they tried to only call obvious things. Alcoa did have a couple of holding calls on the outside but again that's obvious. The game was a playoff type game and will help both teams in long run.

I think a lot of people get the college game confused with high school. In college, as long as youre outside of the pocket, you can throw the ball out of bounds. That is not the case in high school. Hence the reason so many were upset over that one. Im not sure if Tennessees rules are the same or different. If they are different, then I can see where that confusion may lie.

As for the pass interference, face guarding is now legal I believe. You don't have to turn to make a play on the ball. Watching it online, it didn't appear there was much, if any contact.

I do believe they missed that late hit call. It was the wrong call. He had just gotten rid of the ball and some could argue, was in the act of a fake and not defenseless at all. The no call on the out of bounds hit by money was more a late hit than the hit on sizemore.
Objective Wrote:To show you how objective I am i picked Corbin to be bell's only loss this year. I know they are a good team and have the best coaching staff in state With at least 3 former head coaches. Im not bashing the hounds ability they are good. Just pointing out facts the truth will stand when everything else is burning down.

You think Bells only loss this year will be to Corbin?

I know they have one of, if not, the weakest schedule Bell has played in 30 years with Clay, Jackson, Mboro, LCC, and Mccreary, BUT, they do have to go to Whitley in two weeks and then play Casey and Harlan County at home.

That should be 3 losses, 4 if were counting Corbin.

Ill be shocked if Bell goes anything other than 6-4.
Anything more, and Dudley needs to take over the Patriots from Bilicheck.
Any less and they've lost to a really bad team somewhere along the way.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You think Bells only loss this year will be to Corbin?

I know they have one of, if not, the weakest schedule Bell has played in 30 years with Clay, Jackson, Mboro, LCC, and Mccreary, BUT, they do have to go to Whitley in two weeks and then play Casey and Harlan County at home.

That should be 3 losses, 4 if were counting Corbin.

Ill be shocked if Bell goes anything other than 6-4.
Anything more, and Dudley needs to take over the Patriots from Bilicheck.
Any less and they've lost to a really bad team somewhere along the way.

My opinion and yours, mine was given to make a point not an discussion. We will save that for another tread
Objective Wrote:To show you how objective I am i picked Corbin to be bell's only loss this year. I know they are a good team and have the best coaching staff in state With at least 3 former head coaches. Im not bashing the hounds ability they are good. Just pointing out facts the truth will stand when everything else is burning down.

Hold up there. Best coaching staff in the state? We here in Mayfield have 4 ex head coaches as assistants on the state. Some with state championship experience prior to here. We also have a head coach that has coached in 7 state championship wins and 3 state championship losses as a head coach. I can't remember how many as an asst.
So the flag on Corbin in overtime for jumping over a player to block xpt.

Alcoa took the point and the penalty was supposed to be put at the 25 yd line for Corbin, instead they get it at the 10
Big difference in 15 yds
mysonis55 Wrote:Hold up there. Best coaching staff in the state? We here in Mayfield have 4 ex head coaches as assistants on the state. Some with state championship experience prior to here. We also have a head coach that has coached in 7 state championship wins and 3 state championship losses as a head coach. I can't remember how many as an asst.

Ok sir we get it Mayfield is the GOAT sorry I offended you, your greatness. Does everything have to be about Mayfield?
diceman Wrote:So the flag on Corbin in overtime for jumping over a player to block xpt.

Alcoa took the point and the penalty was supposed to be put at the 25 yd line for Corbin, instead they get it at the 10
Big difference in 15 yds

They declined the penalty and took point
Objective Wrote:They declined the penalty and took point

Yes,yes,yes. :lmao:
Objective Wrote:They declined the penalty and took point

That's not the rule. Point is good and penalty assessed on Corbin.
diceman Wrote:So the flag on Corbin in overtime for jumping over a player to block xpt.

Big difference in 15 yds

If that is how that rule is supposed to be enforced then that is a big difference. I'm sure that alcoa wouldn't have declined if the ref explained that option to them. I have no idea though.
Good win for the Hounds. Losing Tykee Ogle-Kellogg has really hurt Alcoa. They won't threepeat 3A. Those rankings you are looking at were voted on with Ogle-Kellogg on the team.
That Alcoa isn't a top 20 team in TN
Whole lot of effort being spent by some at margalizing last nights win. Seems petty for a bunch of grown ups.
good win but pitiful refs id like to see the penalty difference for this one
Once again, I was watching this live, Alcoa declined the penalty. Besides, the vaulting over would just have been a five yarder and I don't think it carries over to the next drive. Either take it for half the distance or decline it. It kills me how when a Ky team beats a supposed TN powerhouse, they all of a sudden are not as good as they were before. When Mayfield beat Union City all we heard was how this team isn't as good as they were when they were in their streak. I said it before and will say it again, TN small school football isn't as good as Ky football as a whole.
Lots of people bending over backwards to discredit a win that should make the entire State of Kentucky proud.

Alcoa hadn't lost a regular season game to a team not named Maryville in years.

I don't care how you slice it, to beat Alcoa... especially in the last second clutch manner that it happened, is pretty darn impressive in my books!

Thought the Corbin staff dialed up some beautiful playcalls at the end and also thought Corbin's D looked outstanding.

Side note: I love watching Camron Sizemore play football. The Tim Tebow of KY HS Football. Kid is a gamer and a winner.
I like the hounds to keep winning until the face the Redbirds from west Ky.
mysonis55 Wrote:Once again, I was watching this live, Alcoa declined the penalty. Besides, the vaulting over would just have been a five yarder and I don't think it carries over to the next drive. Either take it for half the distance or decline it. It kills me how when a Ky team beats a supposed TN powerhouse, they all of a sudden are not as good as they were before. When Mayfield beat Union City all we heard was how this team isn't as good as they were when they were in their streak. I said it before and will say it again, TN small school football isn't as good as Ky football as a whole.

out of your mind as usual .
I wish everybody would go back and looked at some of the Predictions on the Corbin vs Alcoa game........I have laughed my :moon::moon::moon: off.
pjdoug Wrote:out of your mind as usual .

Maybe your highly football educated Whitley County mind can enlighten me.
mysonis55 Wrote:Once again, I was watching this live, Alcoa declined the penalty. Besides, the vaulting over would just have been a five yarder and I don't think it carries over to the next drive. Either take it for half the distance or decline it. It kills me how when a Ky team beats a supposed TN powerhouse, they all of a sudden are not as good as they were before. When Mayfield beat Union City all we heard was how this team isn't as good as they were when they were in their streak. I said it before and will say it again, TN small school football isn't as good as Ky football as a whole.

It's a 15 yd penalty after the play. Alcoa should have had to option to take half distance or decline and take the points and assess the penalty. Corbin should have stated on the 25.
mysonis55 Wrote:Maybe your highly football educated Whitley County mind can enlighten me.

Your simple mind couldn't comprehend it .
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lots of people bending over backwards to discredit a win that should make the entire State of Kentucky proud.

Alcoa hadn't lost a regular season game to a team not named Maryville in years.

I don't care how you slice it, to beat Alcoa... especially in the last second clutch manner that it happened, is pretty darn impressive in my books.

The reason for it is because everyone around Corbin hates Corbin. They're jealous, and they marginalized the success of the redhounds because they're small minded pathetic people. They must do this because it helps them feel better about their own mediocrity. Namely those from Laurel and Knox counties, the Whitley county contingent are relatively sane with the exception of pjdoug. For what it's worth he is an equal opportunity troll though. He is on almost every single thread on here trying to stir something up with someone. In his mind anyone who has more success than his team is cheating. Apparently it's impossible to win a region title unless you recruit. Atleast that what he says on every Corbin, mayfield, Belfry thread there is. Anyway, Knox got walloped by Danville, south is mediocre, and north is slightly above mediocre. They'll never consistently have success better than that because they're too focused on what other programs do. Winners focus on winning.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The reason for it is because everyone around Corbin hates Corbin. They're jealous, and they marginalized the success of the redhounds because they're small minded pathetic people. They must do this because it helps them feel better about their own mediocrity. Namely those from Laurel and Knox counties, the Whitley county contingent are relatively sane with the exception of pjdoug. For what it's worth he is an equal opportunity troll though. He is on almost every single thread on here trying to stir something up with someone. In his mind anyone who has more success than his team is cheating. Apparently it's impossible to win a region title unless you recruit. Atleast that what he says on every Corbin, mayfield, Belfry thread there is. Anyway, Knox got walloped by Danville, south is mediocre, and north is slightly above mediocre. They'll never consistently have success better than that because they're too focused on what other programs do. Winners focus on winning.

You and a few others whine and cry when everybody doesn't agree with you. reminds me of what is on the news on TV. That's why I don't watch it .